How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism and Catholicism

Robert Pate

Banned
Having been on TOL for a few years now, it is obvious to me that predestination types and the catholics both reject Romans 5. I think he was just going over it.

Not only Romans 5:1, but about 75 other scriptures that teach salvation by grace through faith.

Robert Pate

Banned
I completely agree with the notion that the gospel defeats Calvinism and Catholicism (Augustinian Predestination) but I can't say that I follow your logic. Can you be more specific in regards to how exactly the argument works?

Romans 5:12-21 is probably the best view there is of justification by faith apart from the works of the law.

Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly.

beloved57

Romans 5:12-21 is probably the best view there is of justification by faith apart from the works of the law.

You dont believe that passage, and you teach that those who Jesus did it perfectly for, Go to hell for their sins anyway ! What happened ?

Robert Pate

Banned
You dont believe that passage, and you teach that those who Jesus did it perfectly for, Go to hell for their sins anyway ! What happened ?

If anyone goes to hell it will be because like you they rejected the Gospel and justification by faith.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

There isn't a Calvinist alive that would agree that they "reject Romans 5", as Nick M put it.

You don't have to convince me that the gospel (and the whole rest of the Bible for that matter) contradicts Calvinism at nearly every point. What I don't see is how you've made an argument. Perhaps you have and I'm not following the line of reasoning but I guess what I'm asking is this...

What's to keep b57 from quoting Romans 5 and giving it a Calvinist twist the same way Calvinists do Deuteronomy 30:19, for example?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Robert Pate

Banned
There isn't a Calvinist alive that would agree that they "reject Romans 5", as Nick M put it.

You don't have to convince me that the gospel (and the whole rest of the Bible for that matter) contradicts Calvinism at nearly every point. What I don't see is how you've made an argument. Perhaps you have and I'm not following the line of reasoning but I guess what I'm asking is this...

What's to keep b57 from quoting Romans 5 and giving it a Calvinist twist the same way Calvinists do Deuteronomy 30:19, for example?

Resting in Him,
Clete

B57 twists and perverts everything in the Bible. The reason that he does this is because he has other writings, "The Canons of Dort" that were composed in 1618. He apparently believes that these writings supercede the Bible.

beloved57

B57 twists and perverts everything in the Bible. The reason that he does this is because he has other writings, "The Canons of Dort" that were composed in 1618. He apparently believes that these writings supercede the Bible.

You the one who despises the Gospel of Gods Grace!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Quite so and so in what way does the opening post help?

Robert Pate

Banned
TULIP is the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ and you reject it, so you reject Christ!

TULIP is the devils lie that will find its place in hell along with all that embrace it.

A limited atonement means that Jesus is not Lord.

You will never see heaven unless you believe that Jesus is Lord.

beloved57

TULIP is the devils lie that will find its place in hell along with all that embrace it.

A limited atonement means that Jesus is not Lord.

You will never see heaven unless you believe that Jesus is Lord.
You are now guilty of calling Gods Gospel of Grace the devil's lie!