How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism and Catholicism

Robert Pate

Banned
Every one of Pate's anti-Catholic claims on this thread have already been categorically refuted many times on various other threads. None of his false assertions, however, does anything whatsoever to negate my statements in Post #92 above, which stands exactly as posted. :yawn:

I don't consider the Catholic church to be the authority. Just because you quote something that was written by a Catholic that opposes what I have written, does not mean that I have been refuted.

The Bible which is the word of God refutes Catholicism. But you would rather believe the words of men than the word of God.

beloved57

I have never taught salvation by works.

Not only are you a heretic, you are a lying heretic.

Yes you do teach it ! You deny one is eternally saved by the death of Christ alone, but that they must do something in addition, like they must call upon the name of the Lord Rom 10:13, thats a work man does !

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes you do teach it ! You deny one is eternally saved by the death of Christ alone, but that they must do something in addition, like they must call upon the name of the Lord Rom 10:13, thats a work man does !

No one can do anything to save themselves because God has ALREADY reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Salvation is ALREADY a done deal, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

beloved57

No one can do anything to save themselves because God has ALREADY reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Salvation is ALREADY a done deal, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

You teach salvation by works, by what a person does !

Robert Pate

Banned

You are in direct conflict with the apostle Paul.

God help you.

Cruciform

I don't consider the Catholic Church to be the authority.
...along with every rank heretic who ever presumed to refer to his own fallible opinion as "doctrine"---Arius, Pelagius, Nestorius, Apollinarius, Sabellius, etc., etc., etc.

If Christ's one historic Catholic Church is not the Christian's doctrinal authority, then go ahead and demonstrate for us that your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect is, in fact, that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ in 33 A.D. and which, by the close of the 1st century A.D., was already commonly known as "the Catholic Church." Post your proof now, please.

Just because you quote something that was written by a Catholic that opposes what I have written, does not mean that I have been refuted.
It does if the Catholic Church is, in fact, that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D., a historical fact that you have yet to actually disprove, nor can you.

The Bible which is the word of God refutes Catholicism.
Pate likes to confuse his preferred interpretations of the Bible with "the Bible" ITSELF. Big difference.

But you would rather believe the words of men than the word of God.
Right back at you.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate

Banned
...along with every rank heretic who ever presumed to refer to his own fallible opinion as "doctrine"---Arius, Pelagius, Nestorius, Apollinarius, Sabellius, etc., etc., etc.

If Christ's one historic Catholic Church is not the Christian's doctrinal authority, then go ahead and demonstrate for us that your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect is, in fact, that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ in 33 A.D. and which, by the close of the 1st century A.D., was already commonly known as "the Catholic Church." Post your proof now, please.

It does if the Catholic Church is, in fact, that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D., a historical fact that you have yet to actually disprove, nor can you.

Pate likes to confuse his preferred interpretations of the Bible with "the Bible" ITSELF. Big difference.

Right back at you.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

If there was just something in the Bible about that church in Rome.

Wait! Maybe there is, Revelation 17:5, 6.

Robert Pate

Banned
You're assuming sola scriptura, a notion that is directly self-refuting. Try again.

By the way, where is your proof that your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect is that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D.? Please post your proof now.

If Jesus Christ founded your Catholic church there would be something in the Bible about it. There is NOTHING.

If the Catholic church is not "The great whore church" then who is?

Robert Pate

Banned
Already directly refuted above (Post #107).

Answered here.

I doubt it.

Revelation 17:6 says that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints and with the martyers of Jesus.

Rome and the Catholic church are responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Christians, according to Fox's Book of Martyers.

fishrovmen

I doubt it.

Revelation 17:6 says that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints and with the martyers of Jesus.

Rome and the Catholic church are responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Christians, according to Fox's Book of Martyers.

1 John 3:15 - How many Catholics and Calvinist do you hate?

Robert Pate

Banned
Post #111

Leave it to Pate to appeal to a source that no qualified ecclesiastical historian---Catholic or Protestant---would endorse for a second. :doh:

Foxe's Book of Martyers is a very reliable source of information.

It list names, places, and dates where the persecution took place and in many instances it list the names of the persecutors.