How the Gospel Refutes All Religions and Reconciles Us to God

Robert Pate

Banned
Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father’s house— 28 for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ 29 But Abraham *said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 But he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Some of the people on this Forum will not believe in Jesus even if Jesus came down from heaven and gave them his Gospel.

Lilstu

They are one of the same.

Paul received his Gospel directly from Jesus Christ, Galatians 1:11, 12.

Why did Paul doubt the gospel he preached?

Paul said that he received his gospel directly from Jesus.
11 For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ. Galatians 1:11-12

But when Paul met the Apostles in Jerusalem he had doubts concerning his gospel.
1 Then after an interval of fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus along also. 2 It was because of a revelation that I went up; and I submitted to them the gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but I did so in private to those who were of reputation, for fear that I might be running, or had run, in vain. Galatians 2:1-2

Don't you think it is strange that on the one hand, Paul claimed that he received his gospel directly from Jesus. But on the other hand he found it necessary to submit his gospel to the Apostles in private for fear that he had been preaching in vain?

Robert Pate

Banned
Why did Paul doubt the gospel he preached?

Paul said that he received his gospel directly from Jesus.
11 For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ. Galatians 1:11-12

But when Paul met the Apostles in Jerusalem he had doubts concerning his gospel.
1 Then after an interval of fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus along also. 2 It was because of a revelation that I went up; and I submitted to them the gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but I did so in private to those who were of reputation, for fear that I might be running, or had run, in vain. Galatians 2:1-2

Don't you think it is strange that on the one hand, Paul claimed that he received his gospel directly from Jesus. But on the other hand he found it necessary to submit his gospel to the Apostles in private for fear that he had been preaching in vain?

Paul submitted the Gospel that he had received from Christ to the other apostles, not to see if it was correct, but for their approval because he was going to bring Gentiles into the church. So Paul conferred with them privately. Many Jews thought of Gentiles as being pigs and dogs.

Lilstu

Paul submitted the Gospel that he had received from Christ to the other apostles, not to see if it was correct, but for their approval because he was going to bring Gentiles into the church. So Paul conferred with them privately. Many Jews thought of Gentiles as being pigs and dogs.

Slick answer...but why was he afraid he had preached IN VAIN?

Lilstu

How would he or could he preach the Gospel if all of the apostles hated him and opposed him?

Paul was preaching to Gentiles, and the Apostles were concentrating on Jews.
Besides...why worry if you are doing what Jesus told you? Who is the master ..Jesus or the apostles?

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul was preaching to Gentiles, and the Apostles were concentrating on Jews.
Besides...why worry if you are doing what Jesus told you? Who is the master ..Jesus or the apostles?

There must be unity in the church. They must all have a common goal.

Samie

Some of the people on this Forum will not believe in Jesus even if Jesus came down from heaven and gave them his Gospel.
You're among them. Jesus explained in the parables of the lost that people are NOT born lost, yet you don't believe Him. Instead, you teach people are born in sin, hence they are born lost.

Your teaching is against Christ, and therefore anti-Christ.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
And now, you answered with silence, a better choice.

Scripture speaks of rebuking a scoffer twice, and then avoiding them and their false doctrines. I'm doing that since you're a Pelagian/Barthian antichrist heretic.

Besides, I have better things to do in actual real life than argue with someone who pretends to know scripture and will never be corrected.

Why complain? You don't have to contend with me, and you get to presume you're right. I'm content to let you have what you want so badly and find out after this life.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You are mad that Samie showed how ignorant you are of what Scriptures say that people are not born lost. Jesus explained this in the parables of the lost sheep, the lost coin, and the lost son. Before the sheep got lost, it was with its shepherd. Before the coin was lost, it was with its owner. Before the son went lost, he was with his father. So with us sinners. We start out in life NOT lost. And to be NOT lost is to be in Christ.

You have no answer to this but ad hominems.

See my above response. I'm content to let you be a heretic and schismatic. It's what you want, so no need to argue with you.