ECT How is Paul's message different?

john w

Hall of Fame
Mysterion:
The fact is, Greek has no grammatical structure the way we have.

LIke crap. You'd have to go to Mandarin or Tagalog to make your point. You're just pompous.

I am a Greek expert....Greek has...

Vs.

LIke crap.

And this prissy punk, is going to teach us "the Greek," with her/his mastery of "The English?"

You're a clown, you prissy loser-even you know it, Basil boy Sheldon.

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you have some point to all this?

Every expression Peter used was applied to all believers, because there is one gospel and one unified Christian group.

A quote like nation will rise against nation is as irrelevant as it can get. The question is: where is the crystal clear statement that the nation of Israel will be 'restored' doing what it did before in Judea as in the old covenant. Wow, you are really skilled. You can use a search chip at Bible gateway and find the word nation. Way to go JohhnyW

Explain this, gay boy:

1 Peter 2:9 KJV

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Peter, citing OT:

Exodus 19:5-6 KJV

You're a prissy poser.

And quit messaging me, "Johnny" lover-I dig chicks, woosy.

john w

Hall of Fame

Every expression Peter used was applied to all believers, because there is one gospel and one unified Christian group.
No, you prissy fraud, you "argued" that there is no NT reference, to the OT promises to the nation Israel, you troll. Get off this site, devil child,as we smell your sulfur,dung, and your sodomy, even through the computer, sodomite.

Danoh

What teachers are you referring to? Did you know that even during the "Crusades" they had no futurism? The whole reason was to save/protect/preserve the 'holy' sites of Christ.

There is plenty of futurism in the writings of the ECF - centuries before The Crusades.

While Pseudo-Ephraim (written around 300 to 600 AD - still long before the Crusades) depicts John's Apocalypse and other OT and NT passages related to it, as yet future, but confuses its people as the Body of Christ.

And you well know that what's his name (on that forum you were banned from for your admirable public stance against sodomite unions of any kind) was ever citing long passages from the ECF that contained much futurism in their writings, on one of the other forums on that site.

One bookworm to another.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8.

God's Truth

You still haven't figured it out that the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 could not possibly be the same gospel which Paul preached at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 because they didn't even know he was to die.

Are you really this dumb?

Even Jesus' enemies knew that Jesus said he was going to die and raise himself.

Matthew 27:63 62The next day, the one after Preparation Day, the chief priests and Pharisees assembled before Pilate. 63“Sir, they said, “we remember that while He was alive that deceiver said ‘After three days I will rise again.’ 64So give the order that the tomb be secured until the third day. Otherwise, His disciples may come and steal Him away and tell the people He has risen from the dead. And this last deception would be worse than the first.”

God's Truth

=just one piece of good news in the book, and your Judas preached it.

Move along, loser.

Jesus' gospel isn't any less because Judas preached it.

Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

God's Truth

And that is?

Paul says that he was made an apostle to show that even the worst of sinners can be saved. That is why.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord overflowed to me, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. 16 But for this very reason I was shown mercy, so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display His perfect patience, as an example to those who would believe in Him for eternal life

God's Truth

The word "gospel means "good news."

Believing the good news that the Lord Jesus died for our sins results in salvation for all who believe that truth (1 Cor.15:1-4).

Paul taught the same good news that the other apostles taught.

Acts 11:20
Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

Acts 13:32
“We tell you the good news: What God promised our ancestors

Acts 14:15
“Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them.

Believing the good news that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, results in salvation for all who believe that truth (Jn.20:30-31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

It cannot be denied that these passages from the Scriptures speak of two different instances of "good news" which results in salvation for all those who believe.

God's Truth

Please consider the following words of the Lord Jesus:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"
(Jn.11:25-26).​

The Lord was not speaking of physical death there because people who believe in Him do die physically. Believers who are living physically will never experience the following death and are therefore saved from this death:

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Rev.21:8).​

...and you use John now to prove the 'other' gospel you wrongly claim Paul taught?

God's Truth

A prophet is amongst TOL....

Could you tap God on the shoulder, and ask him who is going to win the NBA Championship, and Lord Stanley's Cup? I can then call my bookie, and retire. Puh-wease, Elmer?

Thanks! Now your "friend"......John W

Pathetic.

Why do you sound like these people?

Luke 24:64 They blindfolded him and demanded, "Prophesy! Who hit you?"

God's Truth

Brother John, all you need is some of that new wine, cuz that's for us too. It's all the same, donchaknow! Ya gotta show it to grow it, John! Now CUT LOOSE with them tongues!

Tongues have ceased, but Paul spoke tongues more than anyone. So what is your point in making fun of speaking in tongues?

Interplanner

JerryS:
Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
You still haven't figured it out that the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 could not possibly be the same gospel which Paul preached at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 because they didn't even know he was to die.

"Behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world." That would be through death. If that is your roll-out marketing tagline, I rather think it was common, though unwanted, knowledge in 1st century Judea.

Interplanner

Nah, I believe I said 'give God' more credit.

That is done by actually going with what He said instead of what an sub-Enlightenment teacher in 1800 thought made sense of the Bible. The stepchildren of the Enlightenment were really quite pompous and full of themselves. Over in France, to 'solve' the problem of beggars, they told them not to say 'For the love of God' when they begged, but rather 'For the nation.'

It remains that during the Reformation period, your D'ism as we know it now only existed in outline form among the counter-Reformation that was trying to protect the Pope from the accusation of being AC. The Reformation period had a very sensible, coherent Biblical theology, compared to the torturous concoction of D'ism.

Right Divider

Body part
JerryS:
Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post

"Behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world." That would be through death. If that is your roll-out marketing tagline, I rather think it was common, though unwanted, knowledge in 1st century Judea.
The goat that took away the sin was alive. Go get a Bible and read about it in Leviticus 16.

Interplanner

You poser, Oprah talk show troll.

You're not even in my league, you wicked fraud, posing as a member of the boc, and as an expounder of the book, you psycho babble, admitted sodomite, with your cute little "Johnny" come on's, prissy Basil, Sheldon,James 2:3 KJV little imp, woose. TOL laughs at your "IMO..................." spam.

Slower: I dig chicks, you effeminate wimp, not f's, like you. "Way to go," you piece of wimpy trash.

Tell us what this means, sodomite:

Matthew 21:43 KJV

Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Go ahead, you wimp.

The 'people' was believers. It's a great play on words, because 'ethne' is what we would say to day is a 'race.' Paul did a similar play on words in Eph 2 about the 'new man.' A new humanity, a new people-group. There is nothing complicated about it.

Interplanner

The goat that took away the sin was alive. Go get a Bible and read about it in Leviticus 16.

OK, so the whole book and argument and imagery of the letter of Hebrews is mistaken. Got it.

If you take the ordinary meaning of the Bible, you will not be a D'ist. If you are a D'ist you take the ordinary meaning of the Bible and scramble it and call it the 'literal' meaning.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is done by actually going with what He said instead of what an sub-Enlightenment teacher in 1800 thought made sense of the Bible. The stepchildren of the Enlightenment were really quite pompous and full of themselves. Over in France, to 'solve' the problem of beggars, they told them not to say 'For the love of God' when they begged, but rather 'For the nation.'

It remains that during the Reformation period, your D'ism as we know it now only existed in outline form among the counter-Reformation that was trying to protect the Pope from the accusation of being AC. The Reformation period had a very sensible, coherent Biblical theology, compared to the torturous concoction of D'ism.
So why not let it speak for itself instead of trying to make it say something some theologian thinks it says?

Here, for example:

Spoiler
I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying,“L ord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life” ?But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.Just as it is written: “God has given them a spirit of stupor, Eyes that they should not see And ears that they should not hear, To this very day.”And David says: “Let their table become a snare and a trap, A stumbling block and a recompense to them.Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see, And bow down their back always.”I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them.For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree,do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.”Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.”Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience,even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy.For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!“For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has become His counselor?”“Or who has first given to Him And it shall be repaid to him?”For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen. - Romans 11:1-36 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans11:1-36&version=NKJV

Interplanner

Paul taught the same good news that the other apostles taught.

Acts 11:20
Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

Acts 13:32
“We tell you the good news: What God promised our ancestors

Acts 14:15
“Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them.

Yes, the Gospel is that what was promised to the fathers has come in the resurrection of Jesus Christ and is to be preached world wide. Acts 13.

If you are above average, you may also notice in that passage that there is no mention of a restored race/nation of Israel after saying that the promise to the fathers is fulfilled.