How do you view God?

How do you view God?

• I agree with Clete's description

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • I disagree with Clete's description

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Berean Todd

Hey fool, if we are not free to choose against Him, then we are not free to choose for Him. If we can't freely choose to come to Him then it is not really love, because love is a choice, an action. God wants us to truly love Him, and to do that we have to be capable of chosing against loving Him. No, this world is not the bet place - but it IS the best possible way to get to the best possible place.

As for your "I'm a parrot" insinuations, I AM a pastor and seminary student and judging from much of what you say I would venture a guess that I've read far more of the early church fathers, of the scriptures, and have a far greater understanding of these things and where they come from than you do my friend.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Gnostic

Clete saith about the law of his wrathful, vengeful, jealous, intollerent, repenting, extremist God: "Who do you think it was who gave the law to execute homos in the first place?"

And who do you think made them homos in the first place but your wrathful, vengeful, jealous, intollerent, repenting, extremist God?

Exodus 4:11
The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD?

But luckily we have this guy who didn't care less about ones sexual preferences and went about his Father's business of healing and comforting those who fell victims to Satan's works.

Matthew 15:30
Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them.

What contradiction! :thumb:

Contradiction is right! Which is it? Are homo's the result of God's work or Satan's? You seem to give credit to both.

Wait, don't answer that! I don't care.

Now look, how the Creator programmed us, that is how we are. We are exactly how we were made to be. Some are good, some wicked, some smart, some stupid, some very creative, some make the most ugly web sites imaginable... and the Creator is the programmer, and he did it, And if he's not capable of programming DNA and Brain to function as he wishes it then he's really no better than that Wizard of Oz who turned out to be a man hiding behind some curtain. Now please wake up and understand that humanoids were programmed by cosmic entities and our characters have nothing to do with God whatsoever, thank God.
:kookoo: :kookoo: :kookoo:

Hey Berean Todd,

Of course you're free to make your own judgment on this, but as far as I'm concerned Gnostic here is so far off the deep end that to engage her is a waste of time and energy. (Mat. 7:6)

However, watching you logically grind her into powder would be fun too! :up:

Resting in Him,
Clete

Gnostic

"The "its genetic" is just like the "10%""

Surprisingly, I don't defend the homos in that respect at all. I say like you that one chooses to become a homo! Of course! However, it's the genes that tell you what you like. It's the genes that tell whether you're a boobs or a butt man, no? Personally I would always prefer the sin of desiring a nice woman's butt and legs before checking out he boobs. Why is this so? It's the same reason why I love grilled fish with loads of virgin olive oil and garlic and HATE that disgusting sushi business. Now send me to hell because I hate that abomination called sushi.

Berean Todd

Originally posted by Gnostic
Now send me to hell because I hate that abomination called sushi.

Unfortunately however, God does not - in both testaments condemm the eating of sushi. He does however condemm from cover to cover, homosexuality as a sinful lifestyle, and outside of His will.

Gnostic

Dear Clete, you said: "Are homo's the result of God's work or Satan's?"

Let me see, when someone is righteous (which means one who worships your DOGMA), then God is their father, and when they are a homo then their father is the devil. Go sell that to other Christians, not me.

No, there's no contradiction in what I say, you just don't understand what I'm saying... Satan (or better known as the Creator) made everyone's physical bodies (whether homo or not)... and Father gave our spirits (didn't "make" but "gave"). It's that simple.

Gnostic

I'm a man by the way, and don't mind a good woman (in case someone is thinking I'm a dike) :D

Peace, and Good night.

wickwoman

God is higher and better than any of us could think or imagine. Because Clete cannot bring himself out of his own hatred, he comforts himself with the thought that God is the same. You "homo" haters are dragging your God through the muck. Shame on you! Step out of your human body for once and look at the sky, go outside on a full moon and stare at it for a while, listen to the birds sing in your back yard, listen to the crickets chirp. I promise you, you won't here any discussions about hell or Satan or homos. You'll hear the beauty of God's voice singing to you. If you'd ever heard God, you'd never believe he'd send anyone to Hell. The only voice you're really hearing is your own pitiful human ego.

PureX

Love is not hate. Only liars and fools claim these are interchangeable. Love becomes hatred when the lover becomes selfish, and wants to force the beloved to comply with his own selfish ideas of who he wants the beloved to be. True love does not seek to inihilate the beloved by wishing or forcing them to be someone other than who they are. True love is about the beloved, not about the will or wishes of the lover.

If you want to claim God hates, then do so, but don't claim God hates and then call it love. As the saying goes: "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining".

I know the difference between love and hate.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by wickwoman

God is higher and better than any of us could think or imagine. Because Clete cannot bring himself out of his own hatred, he comforts himself with the thought that God is the same. You "homo" haters are dragging your God through the muck. Shame on you! Step out of your human body for once and look at the sky, go outside on a full moon and stare at it for a while, listen to the birds sing in your back yard, listen to the crickets chirp. I promise you, you won't here any discussions about hell or Satan or homos. You'll hear the beauty of God's voice singing to you. If you'd ever heard God, you'd never believe he'd send anyone to Hell. The only voice you're really hearing is your own pitiful human ego.

:crackup: :darwinsm: :crackup: :darwinsm: :crackup:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by PureX

Love is not hate. Only liars and fools claim these are interchangeable. Love becomes hatred when the lover becomes selfish, and wants to force the beloved to comply with his own selfish ideas of who he wants the beloved to be. True love does not seek to inihilate the beloved by wishing or forcing them to be someone other than who they are. True love is about the beloved, not about the will or wishes of the lover.

If you want to claim God hates, then do so, but don't claim God hates and then call it love. As the saying goes: "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining".

I know the difference between love and hate.

Amo 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Psa 139:21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

Psa 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence His soul hateth.

Prov. 6:12 A worthless person, a wicked man,
Walks with a perverse mouth;
13 He winks with his eyes,
He shuffles his feet,
He points with his fingers;
14 Perversity is in his heart,
He devises evil continually,
He sows discord.
15 Therefore his calamity shall come suddenly;
Suddenly he shall be broken without remedy.

16 These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.

The highlighted sections show that it is not simply the actions that God hates but the persons doing those actions.
Further, it is not peoples sins that God will throw into the fire but the people themselves.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

It is also true that God love's the whole world.

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Thus love and hate are not mutually exclusive.

Rom 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor(Hate) what is evil. Cling to what is good.

Resting in Him,
Clete

PureX

If you think that "rightly dividing" the bible leads to the conclusion that hatred is a form of God's love, you're not "rightly dividing" anything. And basing your theology on a specific word or two in scripture that were written by imperfect authors and have been translated many times into many languages by imperfect translators, is foolish.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
telling the truth....

telling the truth....

Originally posted by wickwoman

:thumb: - you go girl

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by PureX

If you think that "rightly dividing" the bible leads to the conclusion that hatred is a form of God's love, you're not "rightly dividing" anything. And basing your theology on a specific word or two in scripture that were written by imperfect authors and have been translated many times into many languages by imperfect translators is foolish.

You are truly stupid! It is beyond my comprehension that you are calling me foolish! What a joke!

Keep your mouth shut about things you know nothing about.

The meanings of the words hate and love have nothing whatsoever to do with rightly dividing the word of truth.
And no I am not basing my theology on a single word or two either! Is this the best that you've got, making up things as you go instead of responding to that which has been plainly shown to you?

And the Bible was written by people under the direct inspiration of God.
And none of the English translations are translations of translations. There is exactly one step from the original language to the English. And while I concede that our English Bibles are not perfect translations because there is no such thing as a perfect translation of any major work from one language to another, that still doesn't help you any. No translator that has half an ounce of expertise would dispute any of the texts which I have quoted.
If you want to disregard the Bible that fine with me, but don't talk to me about how wrong I am about what I do, say, or believe, until you show me the standard by which you make such judgments and how that standard is superior to the Bible.

Now go away and talk to someone else about a subject you know something about.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Berean Todd

You know what Clete? ...

Originally posted by Gnostic No, there's no contradiction in what I say, you just don't understand what I'm saying... Satan (or better known as the Creator) ...

... as much as I would love to continue to show the inconsistancies and false teachings propogated by this one, there comes a time to no longer cast the pearl before the swine, as we are told in the Word.

wickwoman

John 13:34
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

John 13:35
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Romans 12:10
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Romans 13:8
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, FOR HE WHO LOVES HIS FELLOW MAN HAS FULFILLED THE LAW.

Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

Hebrews 10:24
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.

1 Peter 1:22
Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.[ 1:22 Some early manuscripts from a pure heart]

1 Peter 3:8
Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

1 Peter 5:14
Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace to all of you who are in Christ.

1 John 3:11
This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.

1 John 3:23
And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

1 John 4:7
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. EVERYONE WHO LOVES HAS BEEN BORN OF GOD AND KNOWS GOD.

1 John 4:11
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

1 John 4:12
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

2 John 1:5
And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another.

The only real Hell is burning in Clete's heart.

wickwoman

Re: telling the truth....

Re: telling the truth....

Originally posted by freelight

:thumb: - you go girl

1 Peter 5:14
Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace to all of you who are in Christ.

:kiss: :kiss:

Berean Todd

Wickwoman - if someone was standing there doing something for which there is an eternal price to be paid, and you knew it but they did not ... would it be loving or unloving to tell them? Care to tell me that?

I have a couple of very close friends who are homosexual and they know my feelings. Like Christ, I show them love. But if they do not repent and turn to Him there is an eternal price to be paid. OT and NT alike condemn homosexuality from Abraham to Christ through the apostles. Sin is sin, wether you like it or not, and wether you like it or not there is a price to be paid for sin as well.

wickwoman

Dear Berean Todd:

Because I love someone who is gay, I know that she will not burn in Hell. For my love is fallible and only human, but God's love is greater than anything I could ever imagine or think.

I knew her the day she was born and held her while she still had that tiny little stocking cap on her head they put on in the delivery room. And, I changed her diapers, and took her for rides on the back of my bike and bought her Icees and candy corn. Only she called it "tandy torn."

She was the flower girl in my wedding and she wore a lacy white dress and I have a video of her when she thought no one was watching, she was singing to herself and swinging her little basket.

I used to hide easter eggs for her in my yard, and I dressed up on Halloween and took her trick or treating. We made cut out cookies at Christmas and decorated them in bright colors. Sometimes she had birthday parties at Chuckie Cheese, and every time they sang the birthday song I cried because all the little children's faces were so happy and bright.

I went to all of her football games because she played in the band. And, I never missed a moment of her childhood because I loved her like she was my own. When I saw her marching in her band uniform, playing her instrument, I almost always cried because I loved her so much.

So, you can tell me about love, but I know what it means. And it isn't standing with a picket sign at a pride parade calling someone a homo. And, it most certainly isn't sending your daughter to burn in Hell forever for being who she was born to be.

And, if she does go to hell for being gay, then I'll be right there with her. At least we can be together. For I wouldn't want to be in Heaven with a God who doesn't love her.

keypurr

How many people lived through the flood?

Many are called, few are chosen

Does God want quality or quanity in his kingdom?