ECT How can there be a another Gospel based on Gal. 1:22 ? The faith Paul once destroy ?

Jerry Shugart

I quoted directly from scripture and YOU say it does not mean what it says. I believe I will stay with what scripture teaches and ignore your re-directed version.

How could you possibly be so stupid?

The twelve preached a gospel at Luke 9:6 and at that time they didn't even know the Lord Jesus was going to die.

So anyone with any sense at all know that the gospel of Luke 9:6 is not the same gospel which Paul speaks of here?:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures"
(1 Cor.15:1-4).​

Tell me how the Twelve preached that gospel at Luke 9:6 since at that time they didn't even know the Lord Jesus was going to die.

dodge

The twelve preached a gospel at Luke 9:6 and at that time they didn't even know the Lord Jesus was going to die.

So anyone with any sense at all know that the gospel of Luke 9:6 is not the same gospel which Paul speaks of here?:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures"

Tell me how the Twelve preached that gospel at Luke 9:6 since at that time they didn't even know the Lord Jesus was going to die.

I am not stupid enough to ignore the vast amount of scripture to make scripture contradict itself as do MADist.

Gal 1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
Gal 1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

If Paul preached the faith He once destroyed, how can it be a "different gospel"?

It is obvious to any one not caught up in the errors of MAD that MAD is a twist and out of context acceptance of what scripture does NOT teach.

john w

Hall of Fame
It is obvious to any one not caught up in the errors of MAD that MAD is a twist and out of context acceptance of what scripture does NOT teach.

=666th time on this thread, for her Catholic "Hail Mary" "twist out of context"...

View attachment 25702

It is obvious...

=another debate ender, typically employed by those that have no argument, as a filler...

Next up: It is clear....No question about it.......

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
How can there be a another Gospel based on Gal. 1:22-23 ? The faith Paul once destroy ?

Gal 1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
Gal 1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

If Paul preached the faith He once destroyed, how can it be a "different gospel"?

Gospel ≠ faith. Different gospel ≠ different faith. You lot have no clue what "gospel" means.

Interplanner

Tell us why you think he was going to live and ______.

Interplanner

Gospel ≠ faith. Different gospel ≠ different faith. You lot have no clue what "gospel" means.

Yes after 50 years in the word, I know. And faith in the sense used there in Jude is the belief system, and there is nothing if not the Gospel in the Christian belief system.

dodge

You are more than confused since there is only "ONE" gospel in scripture.

In Galatians it says Paul preached the faith he once sought to destroy.

Since Paul taught the same faith he once sought to destroy that does not leave you many choices.

1. Paul taught the same faith.

2. You ignore and disagree with scripture.

3. Your errors are blocking the truth of the scriptures to you.

4. You are a troll and really do not care about the truth of God.

dodge

Believing goes without saying, Paul's gospel is for the gentiles

The gospel is for anyone that believes.

You are not to bright are you ? In the first post of THIS thread scripture is quoted that says Paul now preached the "faith" he once sought to destroy. Who you reckon he was preaching to then if NOT Jews.

PJ either there is only one gospel or scripture is wrong , and I do not believe scripture is wrong; therefore, the obvious conclusion is YOU are wrong.

dodge

The gospel is for anyone that believes.

You are not to bright are you ? In the first post of THIS thread scripture is quoted that says Paul now preached the "faith" he once sought to destroy. Who you reckon he was preaching to then if NOT Jews.

PJ either there is only one gospel or scripture is wrong , and I do not believe scripture is wrong; therefore, the obvious conclusion is YOU are wrong.

Your exact words were "belief in Jesus is not Paul's gospel", which of course you stepped in it and instead of just saying I misspoke or I was wrong you try to justify your error.

Jerry Shugart

The faith that he once tried to destroy was the teaching that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ"
(Acts 9:20,22).​

When he preached that he was preaching the faith which he once tried to destroy. DUH!

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus"
(Gal.1:15-17).

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

Of course these facts are WAY above your understanding since you think that at Luke 9:6 the Twelve were preaching salvation through the death of the Lord Jesus even though at that time they didn't even know that he was going to die! DUH!

dodge

There is only one piece of good news in the Bible? You poor lost soul

And that one good news (gospel) applies the same to EVERYONE.

You are one confused individual !

Galatians says that Paul taught and preached the same "faith" of those he before had persecuted.

Let me break it down for you since you cannot grasp the obvious.

In the first post of THIS thread scripture is quoted that says Paul now preached the "faith" he once sought to destroy. Who you reckon he was preaching to then if NOT Jews.

I know some of those words are beyond your comprehension so here it is:

Paul preached the same faith he once sought to destroy.

Given the choice to believe those in MAD or scripture I will stay with scripture.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
And that one good news (gospel) applies the same to EVERYONE.

You are one confused individual !

Galatians says that Paul taught and preached the same "faith" of those he before had persecuted.

Let me break it down for you since you cannot grasp the obvious.

In the first post of THIS thread scripture is quoted that says Paul now preached the "faith" he once sought to destroy. Who you reckon he was preaching to then if NOT Jews.

I know some of those words are beyond your comprehension so here it is:

Paul preached the same faith he once sought to destroy.

Given the choice to believe those in MAD or scripture I will stay with scripture.
I'm beginning to believe that a certain IQ and an ability to comprehend language is essential in understanding the intricacies of the Bible. You fall a little short