ECT How Can the Preterists be so Blind?

God's Truth

Thanks, tetelestai. I have studied this intently with Walt Hibbard, a devout Preterist, and the questions I am asking you are the ones he never got to answer.

You seem very knowledgeable in your beliefs, so I would appreciate discussing these things with you.

Jerry Shugart

Once again, we know from history, that this prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD.

You are delusional because in 70AD everyone was not judged:

"Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: 'See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him'" (Jude 1:14-15).​

As we see from the Book of Enoch, the prophecy pertains to Christ Jesus executing judgment against those who committed sinful acts against Him.

From that translation we must believe that the Lord Jesus will execute judgment on his own saints:

(Enoch 2:1) Behold, he comes with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon them, and destroy the wicked, and reprove all the carnal for everything which the sinful and ungodly have done, and committed against him.

Here is the correct translation found in the same book:

"And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones to execute judgement upon all, and to destroy all the ungodly:And to convict all flesh Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed, And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him" (Chapter 1:9; H.R. Charles Oxford: The Clarendon Press).​

john w

Hall of Fame
That's what happens when a Darby follower (Dispensationalist) hears the words: "John Nelson Darby"

That's what happens, when you have no spine, like Craigie pie.

Right, Craigie? How was Hankie, today? When is that more plagiarizing coming?

john w

Hall of Fame
You are delusional because in 70AD everyone was not judged:

"Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: 'See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him'" (Jude 1:14-15).​

From that translation we must believe that the Lord Jesus will execute judgment on his own saints:

You probably believe that when the Lord Jesus returns that He will execute judgment on His saints!

Satanic Preterist Craigie asserts that the Roman army, appearing to Christ rejector Josephus, in AD 70, whom he admits taught him, was "the second coming," "the second time."

He plagiarizes from J. Stuart Russell's book:

9780801077258_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

This is where he gets his "AD 70" "invention."

He is a Russell-ite, and Hanegraaf copy'npaste groupie.

He is in denial. He taught us that spam.

Danoh

Jerry, you sure are in love with your new alleged "prooftext" (Jude 1:14-15). You've copied and pasted it dozens of times in the last 48 hours on numerous threads.

You think you've proven Preterism wrong with Jude 1:14-15.

As usual, you're wrong again.

Let's take a look at what Jude was quoting:

(Enoch 2:1) Behold, he comes with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon them, and destroy the wicked, and reprove all the carnal for everything which the sinful and ungodly have done, and committed against him.

As we see from the Book of Enoch, the prophecy pertains to Christ Jesus executing judgment against those who committed sinful acts against Him.

Once again, we know from history, that this prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD.

You forgot to mention the part of your delusion that professes those "ten thousands of His saints" - "were the Roman Empire's Military."

Yours is Josephus'/Constantine's/ The RCC's heresy - on steroids and battery acid, you spiritually crippled twice over fool.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You forgot to mention the part of your delusion that professes those "ten thousands of His saints" - "were the Roman Empire's Military."

Yours is Josephus'/Constantine's/ The RCC's heresy - on steroids and battery acid, you spiritually crippled twice over fool.

TeT is an overzealous Nut.

Danoh

Satanic Preterist Craigie asserts that the Roman army, appearing to Christ rejector Josephus, in AD 70, whom he admits taught him, was "the second coming," "the second time."

He plagiarizes from J. Stuart Russell's book:

9780801077258_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

This is where he gets his "AD 70" "invention."

He is a Russell-ite, and Hanegraaf copy'npaste groupie.

He is in denial. He taught us that spam.

Hey, there's his "new name written down in" bathroom stalls - "Russelled Hanegraft," lol

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Thanks, tetelestai. I have studied this intently with Walt Hibbard, a devout Preterist, and the questions I am asking you are the ones he never got to answer.

You seem very knowledgeable in your beliefs, so I would appreciate discussing these things with you.

I'll bet. Why not, after all, you've rejected the Grace Message. (Paul's Gospel) You're fast on your way to working your way to Heaven.

john w

Hall of Fame

Yes, D-the Preterist con man Craigie Tet. classic:

"Tet: "The LORD Jesus Christ returned in the form of a Roman Army." "-STP

"Never said that."-Tet.

Lie-

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-stupid Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Vs.

"Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"-Preterist deceiver Tet.

According to this Preterist con job, in this "man made" AD 70-ism "belief system," he returned "un physically," but everyone saw Him, and signs are invisible.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tet.

Ascended up physically, never returned physically in AD 70, just as some disembodied spirit, everyone saw Him, even though he did not return physically in AD 70.

Wait....it was the Roman army.

Wait..."everyone" that saw this "un physical" Saviour was Josephus.....

Preterism-a big scam.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Add the above psycho babble, to..

"Dispensationalism is false theology." -you

Clavinism/Calvinism is false theology.

So there.

See Spot run, Jane!!! Run to pup, Spot!!!

Fun.

You must be lost. Get saved.

Oh fun fun fun
All are lost and none can git saved. Your bumper sticker is another joke on the road .
God does the saving, not you nor men. Your auto suggestions failed.

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh fun fun fun
All are lost and none can git saved. Your bumper sticker is another joke on the road .
God does the saving, not you nor men. Your auto suggestions failed.

"God does the saving, not you nor men."-Cliff

Oh. Another stunner.

"Dispensationalism is false theology." -Cliff

Clavinism/Calvinism is false theology.

You taught us that. We learned that from you.

Interplanner

I never said that the quote from Jude was in regard to the lord Jesus' first coming. I said:

The time when the Lord Jesus walked the earth (His first advent) He stated in no uncertain terms that He did not come to judge the world:

"And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world" (Jn.12:47).​

However, this passage speaks of Him judging everyone:

Get it?

I said that the Lord's first coming (the first advent) was not to judge the world but the words of Jude do speak of judging everyone. Therefore, common sense dictates that the words from Jude are in in regard to the Lord Jesus' first advent.

But since you are unable to understand the most simple things in the Bible you misrepresent my teaching.

JerryS wrote:
The time when the Lord Jesus walked the earth (His first advent) He stated in no uncertain terms that He did not come to judge the world:

Exactly: the DofJ was not the 1st coming!

I understand more about you than you think and more about "the most simple things in the Bible" than you think.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Only someone with reading comprehension problems would think that.

Here is the correct translation found in the same book:

"And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones to execute judgement upon all, and to destroy all the ungodly:And to convict all flesh Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed, And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him" (Chapter 1:9; H.R. Charles Oxford: The Clarendon Press).​

Context Jerry, Context.

Example:

(Matt 2:3 KJV) When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.

According to the above verse, "ALL" of Jerusalem was troubled at the birth of Christ.

Using your logic, it means every person in Jerusalem was troubled at the birth of Christ.

But, that's not true, as we see in the following:

(Luke 2:25) Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him.

The above tells us that Simeon was in Jerusalem at the birth of Christ, and that the Holy Spirit was on him.

Simeon was in Jerusalem, and he was not troubled at the birth of Christ, but Matt 2:3 tells us "ALL" of Jerusalem was troubled at the birth of Christ.

Context Jerry, Context !!!!

We know from secular history that judgment came only upon the Christ rejecting Jews from 66AD - 70AD.

As I've told you over and over again, if the judgment was to be worldwide, Jesus wouldn't have warned only those in Judaea to flee to the mountains.

Jerry Shugart

We know from secular history that judgment came only upon the Christ rejecting Jews from 66AD - 70AD.

When the Lord Jesus returns to the earth those from "all nations" will be judged:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left...Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Mt.25:41).​

There is absolutely no reason to believe that only "some" of those from all nations will be judged when He returns. There is nothing said there which even hints that only some of those from all nations will be judged. Of course all of mankind will be judged when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth.

You said:

That means that the return of the Lord Jesus has not yet happened because when he returns there will be a judgment in regard to people from all the nations, not just Christ rejecting Jews.

That also means that when the word "everyone" is used here it means everyone without exception:

I have verses in the Bible which demonstrate that at the time when the Lord Jesus returns everyone will be judged.

You have not quoted even one verse that demonstrates that upon His return a judgment will be only on the Christ rejecting Jews. Where is your evidence from the Scriptures?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Ok

Famous atheist Bertrand Russell said Jesus couldn't be who He said He was because the things Jesus said, and the things Jesus' Apostles said would happen in their lifetimes didn't happen.

Here's a list of the passages they use to make their case:

1.) Matthew 10:23--Jesus said he would return in the lifetime of his disciples.

2.) Matthew 16:27-28--Jesus said he would return with his angels to judge all men before every one standing there died.

3.) Matthew 24:29-34--Jesus said he would return in the clouds with his angels--in that generation!

4.) Acts 3:19ff--Peter said Jesus would return when all the Old Covenant prophets were fulfilled. If the Old Prophets have not been fulfilled the Old Covenant is still in effect, Matthew 5:17-18.

5.) Romans 13:12--Paul said "the day is at hand."

6.) Romans 16:20--Paul said God "will bruise Satan under your feet shortly."

7.) I Corinthians 1:4-8--Paul said the Corinthians would have the miraculous gifts until "the end," the Day of the Lord.

8.) I Corinthians 7:28-31--Paul said "the fashion of this world is passing away," and "the time is short."

9.) I Corinthians 15:51f--Paul said not all of them then living would die before the resurrection.

10.) Philippians 3:20-4:5--Paul spoke of the resurrection at Christ's coming and said "The Lord is at hand."

11.) I Timothy 6:14--Paul told Timothy to live faithfully "until the appearing of our Lord."

12.) Hebrews 9:28; 10:37--The writer said Christ would appear a second time for salvation and then asserted "in a very, very little while he that will come will come, and will not tarry." Isn't it sad that man says Christ HAS DELAYED, in spite of what this verse says? WHAT DOES INSPIRATION MEAN? DID THE WRITER LIE? WAS HE MISTAKEN?

13.) James 5:7-9--James urged his readers to be faithful "until the coming of the Lord;" he says "The coming of the Lord is at hand:" and "The judge is standing right at the door."

14.) I Peter 4:5,7,17--Peter said Jesus was then "ready to judge the living and the dead;" "the end of all things is at hand;" and "the time is come for the judgment to begin at the house of God."

15.) I John 2:15-18--John said the world was passing away and "it is the last hour."

16.) Revelation--this book says no less than ten times that its predictions "must shortly come to pass," were "at hand," were to happen "quickly," there would be "no more delay," etc, etc.

Preterism doesn't have to make excuses for the above passages.

Dispensationalists/Futurists have to twist the above passages into pretzels, and atheists such as Russell know it.

Jerry Shugart

I understand more about you than you think and more about "the most simple things in the Bible" than you think.

You prove over and over that you do not even understand the most simple things revealed in the Bible. I will no longer respond to your confused ideas because you misrepresent what I say.