Hey libs...

Arthur Brain

Well I know that. I'm talking about thinking that the contrary is a bad idea. Like there's nothing wrong with preferring chocolate ice cream to vanilla, but there's nothing wrong with preferring vanilla to chocolate either, but that's not an analogy to chastity and unchastity. I'm asking if you think there's a problem if we believe it's a bad idea to be unchaste, not whether it's OK to believe in and practice chastity.

The issue of what to do and not do with this belief is probably around the subject matter of this thread.
It's not a problem if you or others consider it a bad idea for people to be unchaste, it's kind of a given really. According to Jefferson, this thread is about whether "liberals" have any standards at all where it comes to sexual morality which could have been addressed a whole load better than a definition of a derogatory term to start with. Got better things to do than call folk sluts if they've had sex outside of the marriage bed really.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't make any sort of rules
But you do agree that promiscuity and sluttiness are OK. God says otherwise.
so you crack on with it if you think it's justifiable to look snootily down your nose at folk who have sex outside of marriage or don't remain virgins until wedlock.
Many of us did not remain virgins until wedlock, but that is not God's way.
Pompous puritans are a dime a dozen.
Thanks Mr. Cliche

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well I know that. I'm talking about thinking that the contrary is a bad idea. Like there's nothing wrong with preferring chocolate ice cream to vanilla, but there's nothing wrong with preferring vanilla to chocolate either, but that's not an analogy to chastity and unchastity. I'm asking if you think there's a problem if we believe it's a bad idea to be unchaste, not whether it's OK to believe in and practice chastity.

The issue of what to do and not do with this belief is probably around the subject matter of this thread.
Guess when the "sexual revolution" happened. Here's a hint

19597.jpeg

Arthur Brain

But you do agree that promiscuity and sluttiness are OK. God says otherwise.

Many of us did not remain virgins until wedlock, but that is God's way.

Thanks Mr. Cliche
Hmm, quote me on either of the first two or else you're just making stuff up. I don't use the term "sluttiness" either.

Most people in reality don't remain virgins until marriage. How is that "God's way" however?

You're welcome Mr In Want Of a Relevant Soundbite.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Hmm, quote me on either of the first two or else you're just making stuff up. I don't use the term "sluttiness" either.
Sluttiness is equivalent to promiscuousness..
Most people in reality don't remain virgins until marriage. How is that "God's way" however?
There was a TYPO that you should have immediately recognized. The word NOT was missing. My mistake.... FIXED.
You're welcome Mr In Want Of a Relevant Soundbite.
Sleep around, it's OK... signed AB.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Sluttiness is equivalent to promiscuousness..

There was a TYPO that you should have immediately recognized. The word NOT was missing. My mistake.... MIXED.

Sleep around, it's OK... signed AB.
Which means what exactly, not remaining absolutely chaste until marriage? Eh, you go around calling folk sluts all you want if ya like. You'll just be a pompous bore with delusions of superiority.

Presume you mean 'fixed' rather than mixed but you really should check your posts before hitting send...the reality remains however that most people are not virgins when they get married so are they all sluts?

Um, never said anything like that so sign your own stuff ya pompous goof.

Right Divider

Body part
Which means what exactly, not remaining absolutely chaste until marriage?
God's way is not unclear. It is chastity until marriage. Why does this come as such a shock to you?
Eh, you go around calling folk sluts all you want if ya like.
Yes, I call promiscuous women sluts. I'm not sure what the term for men that do the same, but they are no better.
You'll just be a pompous bore with delusions of superiority.
False accusation Mr. Decider. I simply go by what God says. You don't seem to like what God says.
Presume you mean 'fixed' rather than mixed but you really should check your posts before hitting send..
Thanks for the advise. I'm sure that you never make mistakes.
.the reality remains however that most people are not virgins when they get married so are they all sluts?
Yes. So what's your point? You seem to keep trying to justify that behavior.
Um, never said anything like that so sign your own stuff ya pompous goof.
Cute.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

God's way is not unclear. It is chastity until marriage. Why does this come as such a shock to you?

Yes, I call promiscuous women sluts. I'm not sure that the term for men that do the same, but they are no better.

False accusation Mr. Decider. I simply go by what God says. You don't seem to like that God says.

Thanks for the advise. I'm sure that you never make mistakes.

Yes. So what's your point? You seem to keep trying to justify that behavior.

Cute.
Then hey there Captain Perfect, you carry on calling your fellow human beings sluts, "bad girls" and whatever. Sure, I make mistakes, plenty of em' in fact but I'm not a pompous, stuck up bore thankfully.

Nothing "cute" about it goofball. Never said anything along the lines of it being all okay to sleep around.

Right Divider

Body part
Then hey there Captain Perfect,
Please show the post where I claimed to be PERFECT.

You cannot find it. You are a LIAR.
you carry on calling your fellow human beings sluts,
My fellow human being do lots of things wrong, as do I. But I don't abandon God's rules.
"bad girls" and whatever.
Blah, blah... blah.
Sure, I make mistakes, plenty of em' in fact but I'm not a pompous, stuck up bore thankfully.
But you condone ungodly sexual behavior.
Nothing "cute" about it goofball. Never said anything along the lines of it being all okay to sleep around.
Perhaps you should speak against it then.

Arthur Brain

Please show the post where I claimed to be PERFECT.

You cannot find it. You are a LIAR.

My fellow human being do lots of things wrong, as do I. But I don't abandon God's rules.

Blah, blah... blah.

But you condone ungodly sexual behavior.

Perhaps you should speak against it then.
Oh lighten up dude, course you ain't perfect but when you act like a puritan then eh, do the math. You set yourself up for stuff.

So, you're a virgin or have been one until you've been married and whatnot then. Good for you, doesn't make those who haven't "sluts" or deserving of any pompous drivel.

Blah blah blah for you is pretty much a given.

Mary Contrary 999

It's been a part of the English language for hundreds of years. Do you think if a woman is putting all the prostitutes out of work in her town because she's giving it away for free to anyone who asks, that even she is not a slut?
Repugnant! Sexist! Ladies who play the field a bit enjoy the experience. It's not for the guy. Ladies unlike males want to eventually settle down with a man they love. And it is not based on physical traits or body parts like it is with most men.

Gary K

Banned
Repugnant! Sexist! Ladies who play the field a bit enjoy the experience. It's not for the guy. Ladies unlike males want to eventually settle down with a man they love. And it is not based on physical traits or body parts like it is with most men.
Really? I've known plenty of women who have a conpletely different set of standards for what you say women have. I knew women as far back as the 1960s who based their sex lives on physical attraction and those numbers have not gone down.