Hey I'm black and I'm proud

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Im not really all black (as in the color of my skin). I just like the James Brown song. Sorry to mislead you.

Fine with me, either way. I was also, obvious kidding about how we tend to see as black and white. People are all colours, most thinking is gray, unless :think:, they either think too rigidly, or are saved.:angel:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
That's just a rip-off of David Bowie "Under Pressure". Which might be a referrence to the song "Pressure Drop" from the Jimmy Cliff Album "The Harder They Come...". ;) But you know what Picasso said, right?

:think:

I need new glasses? :plain:

PureX

That's just a rip-off of David Bowie "Under Pressure". Which might be a referrence to the song "Pressure Drop" from the Jimmy Cliff Album "The Harder They Come...". ;) But you know what Picasso said, right?
"I come as a thief in the night, to steal your ideas", or something like that. Or was it the, "we stand on the shoulders of those giants who have come before us", or whatever it was. I have a hard time putting Bowie and Picasso in the same idea.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:sigh: He said FAR NORTH, like Chile. In Chile, they speak French. I'm no biologist, but I know this kind of stuff. Just ask Stripe- we've been through this a dozen times or so.

Newbies, Deets. They are forever in need of education. :D

allblack

BANNED
Banned
"I come as a thief in the night, to steal your ideas", or something like that. Or was it the, "we stand on the shoulders of those giants who have come before us", or whatever it was. I have a hard time putting Bowie and Picasso in the same idea.

Picasso said "All art is a tribute to past art". Any artist (whether plastic/visual or performing) understands this. And it is more in line with the later quote you posted.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Omg. What's the matter with you people?

I'm not a big fan of programs like music appreciation in public school...mainly because of the public school part...but you guys sorely tempt me. :nono: