Having received salvation, what is next?

Truster

All those who have done Romans 10:9 are justified and have peace with God, Romans 5:1, we have the righteousness of God, II Corinthians 5:21. Are you saying that God justified Satan and is at peace with him? and that God gave His righteousness to Satan?

I have received the gift of salvation and thus have received justification and His righteousness and have peace with God and I choose to live in those realities.

Does Satan do that? Are you saying he has the right to do that? I do, all Christians do, are you saying that Satan does as well?

Please explain your comment using scripture and my trust and belief of God to demonstrate why you reached the conclusion you reached.

Any fool can jump to conclusions and fools do that regularly.

Your lack of evidence to support your conclusions demonstrate that most clearly.

So, I am awaiting your exposition of scripture as to how you reached your conclusions.

I have all eternity to wait and based on your track history, eternity will not be long enough for you to provide evidence, but Jesus Christ is coming back for those who are saved, Romans 10:9, which includes me and I am sure that I will have new responsibilities to carry out involving the events in the book of Revelation. I will not have time to listen to you whine about your defenseless meology.

Stop twisting the truth to suit you own carnal agenda. You are not a lover of truth and the truth has not set you free. You have a form of reverence, but you deny the power thereof. You have been led astray and now you look for proselytes.

There are at least 6 scriptures in this post, but you will not recognise them.

oatmeal

As Christians, as believers on the name of the lord Jesus Christ, we have incredible promises of God available for us to believe and receive.

Yes, we have received the gift of salvation, but salvation is not all that is available.

God has far more in store for us than simply salvation.

I Corinthians 2:9

We are more than conquerors Romans 8:37

It takes a spiritual minded person to realize that.

Romans 8:6

We have been called, justified and glorified. Romans 8:30

We need not ever be overcome with evil, it is always available for us to overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

We have the higher powers in the church, the apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers that God has ordained for us to learn from and be strengthened by. When we do what is right we receive praise of the same. Romans 13

We never need be in debt, God tells us to "owe no man anything" and he means it. It is possible to live debt free, not only possible but required that we "owe no man anything" except to love one another. Romans 13:8

It is available for us to fulfill the law, Jesus Christ fulfilled the law, in Romans 13:8 states that loves one another has, past tense, fulfilled the law.

We need to and can live love and thus fulfill the law. Romans 13:11

We can and should "put on the lord Jesus Christ" we can think and believe and love just like he did.

We can wisely and accurately deliver people from the clutches of Satan. We teach the scripture the word of reconciliation, II Corinthians 5:18-20, so that people have that opportunity and the know how to do so.

We learn not to judge our brother, but we do teach them and admonish them to get on the right track. Romans 14:10

We can learn to follow after those things that make for peace and the things wherewith we can edify one another. Romans 14:19

There is so much that God has made available for us to believe and incorporate in our lifestyle as believers that will draw men to Christ and thus to God. John 14:6

What a privilege to be called sons of God and we are. I John 3:1-3

Truster

The NT precepts are a guide for the justified. You have no part in the precepts or the evangelism. These epistles are written for and relevant to repentant sinners only.

oatmeal

Having received the gift of salvation on the day of Pentecost, what is the first thing the apostles did?

Acts 2:1-4

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

They spoke in tongues.

What is the second major thing the apostles did?

Peter stood up with the eleven and Peter started teaching God's word. He got busy sharing God's word with the people.

Acts 2:14-36

Acts 2:14

But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Of course, having been with Jesus Christ, having been taught and trained the apostle Jesus Christ, and having already had preached and taught before, this was not new to them, but clearly, they were setting the pace for others to follow.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The first disciples of Christ are the blueprint for all disciples since.

It is not so that all believers are also disciples but the Lord calls His disciples from among the believers at His own choosing.

Any can seek it at any time.

I assure everyone that they will not be disappointed if they do, but all of your friends who are not disciples will be.

LA

oatmeal

The first disciples of Christ are the blueprint for all disciples since.

It is not so that all believers are also disciples but the Lord calls His disciples from among the believers at His own choosing.

Any can seek it at any time.

I assure everyone that they will not be disappointed if they do, but all of your friends who are not disciples will be.

LA

Thank you for your response

Any one who continues in the word is a disciple.

John 8:31

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

oatmeal

When we read the following passage with the above post in mind, we find that James is not focused the receiving of the gift of salvation, but on the godly use of that gift of salvation

James is written to people who have received the gift of salvation. This is shown by the use of brethren, the reference to "every good and perfect gift is from above" James 1:17 , by reference to "have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ... with respect of persons" James is telling them to use the faith of Jesus Christ rightly. They can use it rightly or wrongly because they already have it. James is telling them to use it rightly.

The following passage is clearer if the word believe is used instead of the word faith, for God gave to us the faith of Jesus Christ, the measure of faith, our response is to believe God's word to make use of it rightly.

James 2:14-26

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

By seeing a person's works, you can tell what they are believing. Without seeing the works, where is the believing?

As you or I work to hold forth the words of life, Philippians 2:15-16, it is clear that you and I am believing that it is our God given responsibility to do so.

Being justified does not help the mind unless we believe it, and since believing is action we must act accordingly, first in our mind then with our bodies.

The spiritual realities are our first priority, we incorporate them into our thinking in our mind and it seeps down into our heart the place where we believe.

Romans 10:10

oatmeal

We want to make sure we are thinking what God wants us to think.

Philippians 4:8

Philippians 2:5

Philippians 3:13-14

oatmeal

Are you doing anything to "come to the knowledge of the truth"?

What are you doing to "come to the knowledge of the truth"?

How do you know it is "the knowledge of the truth" instead of "a knowledge of a truth"?

Robert Pate

Banned
After we are saved the Holy Spirit will begin to do a work in our life that will make us witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. It is called a work of conversion and can be life changing.

"For we are his workman ship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

oatmeal

Show your sacrificial faith without your evil works and I'll show you actual faith through good works.

All is work unless you literally do nothing.

You running around calling everyone stupid is a work.... You should study scripture and see what sort of working is, and what will be recompensed for such acts.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Good point, I am reminded of the phrase, "by their fruits shall ye know them"

It takes work to bear fruit whether good fruit of bad fruit.

or, "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks"

We decide what we put or allow in our minds and thus eventually into our hearts. That takes decisive work.

Speaking with the mouth is work. for that matter, typing on a keyboard is work.

Sharing God's word is work as it reading and studying it.

II Timothy 2:15 Those who shew themselves approved unto God rigthtly dividing the word of truth will have to work at it, because it takes a workman to do so.

oatmeal

[h=1]Having received salvation, what is next?[/h]
Hang onto your hat because if you are a legitimate (not reprobate, ie, counterfeit) child of GOD you are now about to be painfully disciplined, chastised for your choices to sin until you are trained in righteousness...Hebrews 12:5-11.

God's word, scripture is profitable for doctrine, reproof and correction which is instruction in righteousness.

II Timothy 3:16

Those who care to learn, those that hunger and thirst after righteousness, God shall absolutely fill to the level of hunger and thirst of that individual

He most certainly works in us both to desire and to do His good pleasure, but we must be willing participants in our learning and growing process as your verses indicate.

If we are not willing God will not be able to teach us anything. When we are humble and meek, that is willing to receive and willing to do the work that it takes to learn God can work in us mightily.

No doubt Saul of Tarsus when he finally learned how great an error he had been living, experienced some deep sorrow and pain.

Saul, with the great knowledge of scripture that he had, had not connected the dots to realize that Jesus is the anointed one that the OT prophets and believers had been foretold and looked forward to.

Once he realized that the Messiah that was foretold in the OT is Jesus, there must have been a torrent of mixed emotions, guilt and joy, sorrow and happiness. Not a pleasant soup to be swimming in.

Truth can be a shock to our systems if we have been living a lie.

oatmeal

After we are saved the Holy Spirit will begin to do a work in our life that will make us witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. It is called a work of conversion and can be life changing.

"For we are his workman ship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

Yes, and God works in us to want to and to accomplish those things. Philippians 2:13

As we do those things our hearts should be encouraged to do more.

This all depends on how seriously we learn what scripture already tells us to do.

oatmeal

Salvation by works.

It is by the works of Jesus Christ in loving free will obedience to the Father that the works of my salvation and your salvation was accomplished.

It is our responsibility to believe to receive that gift, it takes our humble stretching out of our hands, Romans 10:9-10, to receive that gift.

A lazy man will not even lift food to his mouth.

Proverbs 19:24

A slothful man hideth his hand in his bosom, and will not so much as bring it to his mouth again.

Will that man ever take up the bread of life to his mouth and eat of it?

Will that man ever raise the cup of living waters to his mouth and drink of it?

It takes work to follow the teachings of scripture, including receiving the gift of salvation

Truster

It is by the works of Jesus Christ in loving free will obedience to the Father that the works of my salvation and your salvation was accomplished.

It is our responsibility to believe to receive that gift, it takes our humble stretching out of our hands, Romans 10:9-10, to receive that gift.

A lazy man will not even lift food to his mouth.

Proverbs 19:24

A slothful man hideth his hand in his bosom, and will not so much as bring it to his mouth again.

Will that man ever take up the bread of life to his mouth and eat of it?

Will that man ever raise the cup of living waters to his mouth and drink of it?

It takes work to follow the teachings of scripture, including receiving the gift of salvation

I repeat. You promote salvation by works. And do so because you are a stranger to the grace that brings salvation .

oatmeal

I repeat. You promote salvation by works. And do so because you are a stranger to the grace that brings salvation .

The word of God in Ephesians 4 teaches or rather commands that we

25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Instead of lying about what I say, why not renew your mind to the scripture I teach?

That would be far more profitable, spiritually, morally, mentally, and physically for your than lying about me and all the other people you lie about