Has All Been Fulfilled? Have Heaven and Earth Passed?

clefty

The commandments given to believers are listed in the NT.

Yup...including "do the will of My Father"...why else would He instruct the Sabbath not be broken during the fleeing in times to come?

What about a required Sabbath with stringent rules is not a burden?

Ignoring that lesson He taught about its spirit not the traditions of the elders/rabbis/Pharisees/stiffnecks

are you?

As if the thou shalt not kill was simplified by "don't get mad" or thou shalt not commit adultery was made easier with "don't ogle the cuties"

But with the Spirit it is possible to follow Him...do as He did...to love just as He Loved.

No Sunday Ham here thank you.

TweetyBird

The point of this covenant was to get this rabble of multitudes out of bondage and to the promise land to fulfill other covenants made to their fathers...

If God was leading them to the promised land according to His promise, then why did He give them all those hundreds of commandments and laws? Why did He tell them that if they don't keep the covenant Laws, they couldn't go into the promised land?

You got it here...see? Those headed away from bondage (sin) and headed to the promise land (salvation) received the Sabbath

They were not headed away from sin. Israel was in rebellion most of the time. In fact, before Moses finished writing down all the commandments God had given him, God said that Israel would not keep them and fall into rebellion and suffer the curses.

and we're grateful for it just like one who works the first six literal days is grateful for the literal rest of the seventh day sabbath...as is the one once enslaved to sin is grateful for salvation

What if you don't have a choice but to work 7 days a week?

And you missed here...circumcision was NOT required to go to the promised land...or receive Sabbath...

Yes it was. All those of Israel were commanded to be circumcised. In fact, Moses did not circumcise his two sons and God sent an angel to kill him. Moses wife, Zipporah, circumcised both of his sons and called Moses a bloody husband.

Genesis 17:10
This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. 12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

Joshua 5
2 At that time the Lord said unto Joshua, Make thee sharp knives, and circumcise again the children of Israel the second time. 3 And Joshua made him sharp knives, and circumcised the children of Israel at the hill of the foreskins. 4 And this is the cause why Joshua did circumcise: All the people that came out of Egypt, that were males, even all the men of war, died in the wilderness by the way, after they came out of Egypt. 5 Now all the people that came out were circumcised: but all the people that were born in the wilderness by the way as they came forth out of Egypt, them they had not circumcised. 6 For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the Lord: unto whom the Lord sware that he would not shew them the land, which the Lord sware unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that floweth with milk and honey. 7 And their children, whom he raised up in their stead, them Joshua circumcised: for they were uncircumcised, because they had not circumcised them by the way. 8 And it came to pass, when they had done circumcising all the people, that they abode in their places in the camp, till they were whole. 9 And the Lord said unto Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you. Wherefore the name of the place is called Gilgal unto this day.

The covenant was to get any who followed Yah there...

The covenant was hundreds of commandments that Israel was required to obey or they would be cursed, and not allowed to enter the promised land. If they didn't obey they died. Choose this day - live or die.

So you in?

I am not in the Mosaic Covenant Law which has passed away and waxed old. I am in the New Covenant of Christ's blood.

old covenant > ratified in the blood of animals, daily sacrifices over and over again, never ending, no completion

new covenant > ratified in the blood of Christ, once and for all, forevermore.

clefty

Israel did absolutely nothing to reconcile us to God. Israel rejected the Messiah. We are citizens of Heaven, not Israel. I am grafted into Jesus Christ, the Vine. He saved and redeemed me, not Israel.

now you are making it about literal Israel...

There were those saved before Israel...and now after her temporal demise...

We are talking about the church in the wilderness as it was affectionally called by Stephen before joos killed him wishing to keep it all for themselves...literally

as they had killed the One very reason they existed...

Now no longer married He can seek another bride to join Him...His way...

clefty

I did not say that Jesus was Joshua. I said the name is the same. The name Jeshua occurs about 30 times in the NT - and none of them were Joshua of Nun or Jesus Christ.

We are not citizens of Israel - we are citizens of Heaven, of Jesus' Heavenly Kingdom.

Jesus gives us rest when we believe in Him, it is perfect, complete rest and restoration. No matter how bad it gets, in Christ we have rest - amazing unimaginable rest - in the shadow of His wings, in His Almighty Hands.

I didn't say you said they were the same person...hence the two names not being the same...

As temporal Israel is not the same as spiritual Israel...

Sure He gives us rest...just like He said He would...what He didn't say was that He was a Sabbath day...is why it remains for the people of God...also known as Israel...

TweetyBird

Yup...including "do the will of My Father"...why else would He instruct the Sabbath not be broken during the fleeing in times to come?

Doing the will of God is the Sabbath Rest, 24/7. The Sabbath is another day and another place. It is not a 24 period of time on a specific day of the week. It is the ministration of the Holy Spirit in the spiritual man - renewed and regenerated - born of Spirit and of Water [Jesus].

Ignoring that lesson He taught about its spirit not the traditions of the elders/rabbis/Pharisees/stiffnecks

Jesus did not teach anyone to keep the Sabbath Day.

As if the thou shalt not kill was simplified by "don't get mad" or thou shalt not commit adultery was made easier with "don't ogle the cuties"

That is not simplifying the Mosaic Law, that is replacing it with something much more severe.

No Sunday Ham here thank you.

Why do you keep making that weird statement?

TweetyBird

I didn't say you said they were the same person...hence the two names not being the same...

The two names are the same in Hebrew and mean the same thing in English.

As temporal Israel is not the same as spiritual Israel...

So why are you forcing all things temporal into the spiritual?

Sure He gives us rest...just like He said He would...what He didn't say was that He was a Sabbath day...is why it remains for the people of God...also known as Israel...

"spiritual Israel" [whatever that is supposed to mean] is not the nation of Israel. They were given a literal physical 24 hr period of time to keep set apart. In Christ is rest and peace 24/7. We do not need physical rest in Christ because whether or not one is working, they are still in His rest. His rest is not temporal, is not physical. I am sorry that you seem not to be able to compute that. Physical rest is not going to bring anymore righteousness or holiness to anyone. Being in Christ makes us holy, righteous, sanctified.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Heb 4 says there will be another day and another place. That is not the 7th day...

Hebrews 4:4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”​

It should be evident this is not referring to the weekly Sabbath, it's referring to the millennial Sabbath of which the weekly Sabbath is a type.

Hebrews 4:10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.​

God is asking that we cease from our labors on the seventh day of the week.

Why is that too much to ask? Or is it?

clefty

Holy things unto the Lord are not physical or material things. Being a believer is being holy in spirit and in and attitude of reverence to the Lord, submitted, set apart for Him, lifting Him up every nanosecond of life.

Nano second?...lol...your argument is there is no division in time...

People from all nations have come to worship Jesus, who is our Sabbath Rest.
...oh sure and they worshipped golden calves too...your conflation of Jesus (I should use Joshua from now as according to you they are the same name) ok so your conflation of Him with a period of time is exactly idolatry...he said I will give you rest...not "I will give you a sabbath rest" certainly NOT "I am the Sabbath day"

Romans 14:17
for the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

And because we have rest...literal rest in our calendar and spiritual rest in Him

There is no commandment to "love one another as I have loved you" in the Mosaic Law. That is why Jesus said it was a NEW commandment. "New" means, brand new, never heard before, fresh. John states in his first letter that "from the beginning" is when Jesus came, not the Mosaic Law.

I just said that...no one ever taught to "love as I loved you" but as John said it was NOT a new law as it was from the beginning...of creation...

clefty

To be part of Israel required obedience to most of the Mosaic Law and being in agreement with the nation of Israel in that regard.
MOST? uh oh you are slipping...circumcision is exactly not what was required or not eating meat which died naturally...

It's not hard to agree to a promise land and a 1/7 day of rest...

That has nothing to do with the New Covenant. Jesus does not demand that we join a nation that rejected Him. Only He is necessary - He is the Way, the Truth and the Life, not Israel.
His Way His Truth and His Life were indeed rejected...so He died to free them of the vow and He now seeks another who will His way as He did...including the Sabbath rest...

Gentiles who joined with Israel were required to get circumcised. That was per God. The New Covenant does not require physical circumcision to be in Christ.
ummm...no...not to leave Egypt they were certainly NOT required to travel along

They are and have been coming to Jesus in worship for the last 2000+ years.
and?

Yes, He did. It's written in the NT.
not only do you twist and distort scripture as you do...you deceive with your own posts...you were asking about the OT not the NT.

Jesus is the Sabbath Rest. He is Holy. He is God. We are His saints. Do you know what a saint is?

Read Rev 1 - John sees Jesus in terrifying Holiness. We don't need a memorial in the form of a Sabbath. Paul said this:

Rom 1
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
yup clearly seen was that which was made...the Sabbath...

Keeping the Sabbath is not a commandment in the NT.
yes it is and even exemplified by Him...

The yoke of Jesus Christ is peace, rest, and joy.
yes a Sabbath rest

The Sabbath was given to Israel, not to the nations. It would be helpful to read through Ex-Deut and you will see that God made a covenant and commandments with Israel, not the rest of the world. Israel was His chosen people - God chose only them. Those that joined with Israel could reap the rewards, but they also had to endure the curses. But, hey, if you want to be part of that system, have at it.
exactly...and now post temporal Israel-it is offered to the world AND the curses are no longer to be endured...HalleluYah.

Jesus is the Tree of Life, not Israel. We do not get life from Israel, but from Jesus Christ. He is the Living Water, the Manna from Heaven - our Daily Bread. He is Life.

John 6
32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. 37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. 42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? 43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum. 60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? 61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? 62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. 65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. 67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? 68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. 70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? 71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

Ummm...right Moses did NOT give the manna...it came from Heaven...later the word was made flesh...

The spirit gives life...flesh profits nothing...it was to have been mercy rather sacrifice

You cannot change what was written and kept in the Holy of Holies with your own conjecture. The Law was written to be kept, not added to and "amplified".
He did it not me...He added to it

But never..."sabbath is done away with I replace it"

There was no room for grace in the Old Covenant Mosaic Law.
watching the lambs getting killed (for sins they did not know they committed )was a reminder it was grace that it wasn't them being slaughtered...watching the goat be beaten into the wilderness was mercy in action as it was not them...

Grace floods blood red in the OT as it was not of the wicked but of the innocent...and in this second ark the Law sat beneath the Mercy seat...

There is no Jew in Him either, so we are not reconciled to Israel, but to God through the blood of Christ.
dead to ourselves made alive to Him to in His house eager to do His will...His way...His people known as spiritual Israel...that church in the wilderness...

clefty

That was fulfilled in 70AD when Jerusalem and the Temple were destroyed.

So let's wrap this up yes? There you have it...Sabbath keeping continued by believers as He instructed even after He returned to heaven...up to the temple destruction and beyond

Because they would not be equipped to flee. And apparently, you can be assured they were praying when the Romans surrounded the city and set it on fire, and then they all died anyway.

Lol...

Sabbath was already being kept outside of that city...

clefty

Do you think I mean that Jesus is a literal Sabbath day?

LOL of course you are...equating Him with it...replacing it with Him...for dozens of posts now...

The Light destroys the shadow. It obliterates it. Overshadows it, overwhelms it.

Whatever...He never said "I replace the Sabbath" or "I am the Sabbath rest"

No one rested on the 7th day before the Sabbath was given to Israel, but God. There was never any such commandment before Ex 16. The Sabbath was given to household of Moses, not of Jesus Christ. Moses pointed to Christ - Jesus would some day replace Moses, that is why Moses said to listen to Him. Jesus reiterated it when He came. He never mentioned keeping the Sabbath, not once. Jesus went to the synagogue on the Sabbath to preach the Kingdom of Heaven/God to the Jews, not to teach Moses.

What? Only God did? Well that's enough for me...

Luke 16:16
The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
that kingdom is lawless?

Last edited:

clefty

Heb 4 says there will be another day and another place. That is not the 7th day or attending a congregational service.
read carefully that another day another place is eternal rest the promised land...therefore there remains for the people of God a sabbath keeping...

Kosher is all foods marked with the Rabbinical "U". There was no such "kosher" in the Mosaic Law.
. Certainly not all that has been added to clean and unclean found in Leviticus given to Moses not made up by him...or the elders later

What conspiracy myths about the Sabbath?
that it's only for da joooos...you know exactly what you have been claiming

Using ethnic slurs to refer to a people group is called bigotry.
should I call them snakes and vipers? Sons of the devil?

If Jesus was teaching them about Himself, He was not teaching them the Law and prophets, but Who He is and how He fulfilled all the Law and Prophets - satisfied them, completed them, fulfilled them, rendered them no longer current, or viable.
"if you would have read Moses and the projects you would have known of Me"

No NT at that time...your everyday the same is not scriptural nor appealing...

Why do you judge me on something you have made up?
I didn't make up worshipping on first fruits day or first day...

At dawn - when the sun came up, the early light. It was the first day of the week.
and after the sabbath they came to the tomb and found it already long empty...

He for sure did not rise on Saturday morning at first light. That is just weird. No one believed that He rose on Saturday until Hebrew Roots started changing the Gospel.

Not rising on Sunday does not necessarily mean it was sabbath morning...it just necessarily means not rising on Sunday morning and thus the premise to celebrate his Sunday resurrection is in error...

clefty

Are you saying that God created unholy days?

Oh good grief...

Of course He did...just like He created unclean animals...also still unclean imagine that...

Or do you eat human flesh too? As some errorenously claim all flesh was made clean by Him...

clefty

If God was leading them to the promised land according to His promise, then why did He give them all those hundreds of commandments and laws?
why indeed...they were to be a peculiar people an example to all nations to represent Him His Good Name...the rules was how they were to do that...at once protecting them and signifying who they were...

Why did He tell them that if they don't keep the covenant Laws, they couldn't go into the promised land?
they were free to leave Egypt first...staying with them and then joining them were all steps in a process...

They were not headed away from sin. Israel was in rebellion most of the time. In fact, before Moses finished writing down all the commandments God had given him, God said that Israel would not keep them and fall into rebellion and suffer the curses.
of course you have difficulty with the simplicist of typology...Egypt represented sin...bondage...the curse for disobeying His way...

And yes irony there too...they broke the law before the covenant was even stipulated...by those who chose their own way of worship...hmmmm sound familiar?

What if you don't have a choice but to work 7 days a week?
that isn't even legal to be forced to do that...

Yes it was. All those of Israel were commanded to be circumcised. In fact, Moses did not circumcise his two sons and God sent an angel to kill him. Moses wife, Zipporah, circumcised both of his sons and called Moses a bloody husband.
after He was chosen and showed faith and obedience...

Genesis 17:10
This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. 12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

Joshua 5
2 At that time the Lord said unto Joshua, Make thee sharp knives, and circumcise again the children of Israel the second time. 3 And Joshua made him sharp knives, and circumcised the children of Israel at the hill of the foreskins. 4 And this is the cause why Joshua did circumcise: All the people that came out of Egypt, that were males, even all the men of war, died in the wilderness by the way, after they came out of Egypt. 5 Now all the people that came out were circumcised: but all the people that were born in the wilderness by the way as they came forth out of Egypt, them they had not circumcised. 6 For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the Lord: unto whom the Lord sware that he would not shew them the land, which the Lord sware unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that floweth with milk and honey. 7 And their children, whom he raised up in their stead, them Joshua circumcised: for they were uncircumcised, because they had not circumcised them by the way. 8 And it came to pass, when they had done circumcising all the people, that they abode in their places in the camp, till they were whole. 9 And the Lord said unto Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you. Wherefore the name of the place is called Gilgal unto this day.

So even circumcision did not get them into the promised land...but they did leave Egypt...

Another group who were not circumcised were now headed to it and upon entering the option was given...

The covenant was hundreds of commandments that Israel was required to obey or they would be cursed, and not allowed to enter the promised land. If they didn't obey they died. Choose this day - live or die.

When you are in a covenant you don't have to do anything...you voluntarily "signed" you wish to do what is required to get what you want...you agreed to the terms to achieve its promise...what part of covenant is contract do you miss?

I am not in the Mosaic Covenant Law which has passed away and waxed old. I am in the New Covenant of Christ's blood.

old covenant > ratified in the blood of animals, daily sacrifices over and over again, never ending, no completion

new covenant > ratified in the blood of Christ, once and for all, forevermore.

Are you still under Adam's covenant? Noah's? Abraham's? All still binding...we are still cursed in sin, global flood will not destroy us...Abrahams descendents became like the sands of the seed and came in possession of the land...the latter does not anull the former...

The Law remains throughout...its curse remains and His wrath will come again...on judgement day the fulfillment of all things...when those saved enter into their promised land...their eternal rest...

For those on that glorious day His wrath will Passover again...you have Him to thank...He sealed that in His blood...once and finally...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"spiritual Israel" [whatever that is supposed to mean] is not the nation of Israel.

The Hebrews the Father had Christ rescue from Egypt were adopted by the Father as his firstborn son. The ordinances of the Mosaic law code were added to the covenant with Israel because of their transgressions.

Galatians 3:19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made.​

The people transgressed the first and second commandments of the covenant.

The Father sent Christ to the Hebrews to upgrade his covenant from the letter of the law to the Spirit of his law so that now only those of faith are regarded as the Father's firstborn. Blood lineage is now irrelevant.

In Galatians 6:15-16 Paul explained, "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God."

Those who have become a new creation are now the Israel of God.

clefty

Doing the will of God is keeping the Sabbath day Rest, the 7th 1/7.
there corrected it to better reflect what scripture says...yours is a different gospel adding to the Word...

The Sabbath is another day and another place. It is not a 24 period of time on a specific day of the week. It is the ministration of the Holy Spirit in the spiritual man - renewed and regenerated - born of Spirit and of Water [Jesus].

Must correct too much of that to make it mirror what scripture teaches...

Now the Sabbath a literal calendar day is the ministration of the Holy Spirit...wow

Again adding to the Word...

Jesus did not teach anyone to keep the Sabbath Day.
again and again you return to this idea when even by example He was faithful in all things and He merely asked we do as He did...if we love Him

That is not simplifying the Mosaic Law, that is replacing it with something much more severe.
tell Him that...but He did exactly that...He made it much more severe to prove that the literal prohibitions merely revealed the true origin of the sin...the heart and mind...

That was what it was to do...it was not able to create a new heart and mind as it was not designed to do that...the Author of it could however do exactly that once the sin was revealed and a desire to change was confessed...

Why do you keep making that weird statement?

Because NEVER in the Love He exemplified for us to emulate did He offer Sunday Ham...made famous for celebrating the risen lord on Sundays...

And we are commanded to Love as He loved...

Last edited:

clefty

The two names are the same in Hebrew and mean the same thing in English.
I wasn't talking about the Hebrew names I was commenting on even with English translators using the wrong name Jesus...even this version does not imply what you want it to as even in this version Jesus did not bring rest and thus there remains for the people of God a Sabbath keeping...

So neither Jesus nor Joshua gave them rest...

So why are you forcing all things temporal into the spiritual?

I am not forcing anything "Thou shalt not kill" was exactly temporal as was "Thou shalt not commit adultery"

Or don't make images or don't steal...you do see the pattern yes?

Again these describe the temporal realm we are/were to live in as it was in the garden before the fall...you do believe in Eden as temporal yes?

It is through the temporal that we are taught the spiritual...kill the innocent lamb foreshadowed another literal event but both had spiritual ramifications...

The law points out literal sin and spiritual sin as before that sin occurs temporally the spiritual realm is already compromised...

The law however can not fix that compromised spiritual realm...only He, His Spirit voluntarily accepted can...

"spiritual Israel" [whatever that is supposed to mean] is not the nation of Israel. They were given a literal physical 24 hr period of time to keep set apart. In Christ is rest and peace 24/7. We do not need physical rest in Christ because whether or not one is working, they are still in His rest. His rest is not temporal, is not physical. I am sorry that you seem not to be able to compute that. Physical rest is not going to bring anymore righteousness or holiness to anyone. Being in Christ makes us holy, righteous, sanctified.

Again being in Him does not mean there is no more sin and it still impacts our reality...we have to work by the sweat of our brow...but yes even the land received a sabbath...

In Him we still need a good nights sleep yes? Well how about a day off after six days labor...

Sabbath never brought salvation merely pointed to the One Who does...it gave temporal rest for us to come into closer fellowship with the Creator of all leading to spiritual rest...the original pattern

Last edited: