ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnet

If I go to a park with a lot of homeless people and approaching ten men give $5 each to 5 of them and the other 5 I give nothing, am I being unfair?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

No - but to then suggest that all had access to the $5 would be.

Verse upon verse offers salvation through belief to whomever. Romans 10:1ff, john 3:16, Romans 9:30-32...etc.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No - but to then suggest that all had access to the $5 would be.

Verse upon verse offers salvation through belief to whomever. Romans 10:1ff, john 3:16, Romans 9:30-32...etc.

Your point is that my God would be a wretched God tho.

So if God decided to save some of the mass of humanity and some were passed over what is your problem with that?

Sonnet

Your point is that my God would be a wretched God tho.

So if God decided to save some of the mass of humanity and some were passed over what is your problem with that?

Not an injustice but I'd feel uncomfortable giving $5 to some and not others. Better to offer to all as Scripture teaches. You seem to be in denial regarding John 3:16.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
In order for any man to be saved the Messiah had to render all men savable including men like Genghis Kahn and Hitler. Why would Yeshua die for them? it was necessary in order to save the elect that the atonement not be limited to just those who believe.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Not an injustice but I'd feel uncomfortable giving $5 to some and not others. Better to offer to all as Scripture teaches. You seem to be in denial regarding John 3:16.

You'd feel uncomfortable? But who are you? And who am I? We are created beings without the capacity to "be like God knowing good and evil."

Satan lied to Eve. She did not become like God.

As a created being I view the work of salvation as the outworking of God' s love

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You are judging the God of Israel because you are fighting the conviction of the Holy Spirit in your life.

Reactions: Lon

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The natural man does not receive the word of God because it is spiritual and that man cannot understand it.

But he can understand the gospel message that Christ was the propitiation for all the sin in the world.

You understand the gospel Sonnetface. But if you are not elect you will not own it, you will not believe it.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Well I was referring to the homeless people.

I know. But you're accusing God of being unfair. I had to get that money first before handing it out. And when I got it ready, everyone was a potential recipient, and anyone could have received it.

Sonnet

The natural man does not receive the word of God because it is spiritual and that man cannot understand it.

The context being unbelievers won't understand the message for mature christians.

But he can understand the gospel message that Christ was the propitiation for all the sin in the world.

You understand the gospel Sonnetface. But if you are not elect you will not own it, you will not believe it.

You haven't demonstrated that God elected as per Dort.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I'm judging an imaginary God..certainly not the one found in scripture.

John 3:16.

The question is this: is the bible God's word? Or is it just another religious book written by man?

Because if it is God's word then He is not imaginary and we must hear and apply what He says to our lives.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The context being unbelievers won't understand the message for mature christians.

You haven't demonstrated that God elected as per Dort.

No, the scriptures categorizes man into four categories based on their ability to understand the scripture. The unregenerate man has zero ability, the baby believer only handles milk - like Calvinism, the carnal believer also can only handle milk and then there is the full grown spiritual adult man who knows the mysteries of the bible.

Sonnet

I know. But you're accusing God of being unfair. I had to get that money first before handing it out. And when I got it ready, everyone was a potential recipient, and anyone could have received it.

Already pointed out that the analogy is not accurate.

Man tells a bunch of homeless people that he has money for all of them and then proceeds to give to only some of them.

Special definition of 'all'..............

Sonnet

No, the scriptures categorizes man into four categories based on their ability to understand the scripture. The unregenerate man has zero ability, the baby believer only handles milk - like Calvinism, the carnal believer also can only handle milk and then there is the full grown spiritual adult man who knows the mysteries of the bible.

No - verses 1-5 deal with then unbeliever.

Sonnet

The question is this: is the bible God's word? Or is it just another religious book written by man?

Because if it is God's word then He is not imaginary and we must hear and apply what He says to our lives.

I was referring to your imaginary God wrested from scripture.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Already pointed out that the analogy is not accurate.

Man tells a bunch of homeless people that he has money for all of them and then proceeds to give to only some of them.

Special definition of 'all'..............

Well that's what scripture says.
All were atoned for but those who will accept the free gift were foreknown and predestined.

Status
Not open for further replies.