ECT Grace: God isn't mad at sin, or just isn't doing anything about it at the moment?

God's Truth

Now I will prove to you with scriptures that we have to work, obey Jesus to be saved.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

2 John 1:8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

What a powerful scripture showing that we are to work by obeying Jesus, and that those works save us for when we are done in this world, for our works follow us!

Revelation 14:13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them."

God's Truth

Revelation 22:12
[ Epilogue: Invitation and Warning ] “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.

Do you see that scripture how Jesus says his reward is with him.

That reward is the inheritance of eternal life, the kingdom.

Jesus says he will give to each person according to what they have done.

When Jesus comes again it will be at the resurrection where some are raised to eternal life or eternal condemnation.

musterion

Take this how you will, but you have often struck me as having based one or another of your various assertions on one thing or another, on someone else's take on a thing.

And your above is no exception - thus far, every point within your stated view on the above has smacked of conclusions you read "about" in a book "about" somewhere :chuckle:

No. Never heard of it before, although I fully expect I am by no means the first to think of it. It occurred to me recently without input from anywhere else simply because I have long wrestled with why Paul would drop those grave warnings about lost inheritance into the middle of his letters.

Most people take them to speak of unbelievers. That never made sense to me and it still doesn't. I believe it is referring to us.

You constantly berate us for allegedly never studying things out to your satisfaction. Here, where I have begun to do so, you immediately assume I got it from someone else. You are implacable. But your having falsely judged me on this means nothing to me. You'll have your reward from our Lord.

Last edited:

musterion

Eph 5:3-7

v.5: believers warned of loss

v.6: don't be deceived...about what? That God's wrath is coming upon unbelievers? No, that's not news...

v.7: Be not deceived about the lost inheritance coming to BELIEVERS who do as unbelievers do.

Danoh

No. Never heard of it before, although I fully expect I am by no means the first to think of it. It occurred to me recently without input from anywhere else simply because I have long wrestled with why Paul would drop those grave warnings about lost inheritance into the middle of his letters.

Anytime you find yourself wrestling with a thing, that will be due to your study approach lacking some aspect of how a thing is properly and or more thoroughly studied out.

And usually, that missing aspect will have to do with the need to both break a thing down into smaller segments towards dissecting "of what sort it is" and how it contributes to the whole, together with studying out what other aspects of it might also need to be studied out individually.

Most people take them to speak of unbelievers. That never made sense to me and it still doesn't. I believe it is referring to us.

Many (if not all) within Mid-Acts hold the rewards view. They just do not hold that those passages are referring to it.

I am referring to their Pastor-Teachers, not to their laity.

Case in point, Pastor Joel Finck holds your view on those passages.

Pastor Justin Jason does not.

Meaning one of those two is off, somewhere.

Can't both be "right."

Again, a thing will either appear to make sense or not, depending on where we are each looking at it from. And this is ever dependent on how thoroughly we have studied each piece of out.

And very few within the laity within any group are often open to any view and or approach but their own, or that of their Pastor-Teacher and or teacher, simply because he is their "Pastor-Teacher and or teacher..."

But a thing should be able to point to itself for its answers - on its own merit, Isaiah 8:20; Acts 17:11,12.

You constantly berate us for allegedly never studying things out to your satisfaction. Here, where I have begun to do so, you immediately assume I got it from someone else. You are implacable. But your having falsely judged me on this means nothing to me. You'll have your reward from our Lord.

I might be "wrong."

But what if I might be "right"?

What if your approach might still be lacking?

I know I continue to further refine my approach.

As for the rest of your post - I am no different in my being "implacable" with any of you than any of you are with others - other than that some of you resort to all sorts of name calling (stupid, demon, homo, etc.), and others of you condone it.

And what's with the "us"?

Most of you are ever denying there even is a "club." :chuckle:

Danoh

v.6: don't be deceived...about what? That God's wrath is coming upon unbelievers? No, that's not news...

v.7: Be not deceived about the lost inheritance coming to BELIEVERS who do as unbelievers do.

Nope - you are reading into that.

He is talking about how that they should be conducting themselves as those who are not the children of wrath.

Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them. 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; ) 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

He is neither talking about their rewards, nor about their receiving or not of their rewards.

He is talking about how they are to conduct themselves in contrast to how the lost do.

Are there rewards tied to that?

Yes.

But he is simply not addressing that issue, there.

Lol, perhaps its that often observable works oriented Baptist residue remaining in you...

Rom. 5:8.

God's Truth

The inheritance IS eternal life.

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

Did you read that? Now are you going to start preaching it?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Nope - you are reading into that.

He is talking about how that they should be conducting themselves as those who are not the children of wrath.

Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them. 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; ) 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

He is neither talking about their rewards, nor about their receiving or not of their rewards.

He is talking about how they are to conduct themselves in contrast to how the lost do.

Are there rewards tied to that?

Yes.

But he is simply not addressing that issue, there.

Lol, perhaps its that often observable works oriented Baptist residue remaining in you...

Rom. 5:8.

Maybe also comparing that many walk, yet are enemies of the cross might help?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

The value of the hard work of entering his rest as well as a good education from the Holy Spirit is Eternal Life.

DAN P

Hi and your INHERITANCE is only to the B O C and only to the Body of Christ !!

Found in Eph 1:11 and the Holy Spirit is our pledge of that INHERITANCE in verse 14 and in verse 18 that INHERITANCE IS IN THE Holy Places in heaven !!

Try believing this !!

dan p

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Found in Eph 1:11 and the Holy Spirit is our pledge of that INHERITANCE in verse 14 and in verse 18 that INHERITANCE IS IN THE Holy Places in heaven !!

Try believing this !!

dan p

Which heaven?

musterion

Try believing this !!

dan p

Dan, what's your opinion? Does Paul warn believers they can lose their inheritance?

musterion

Not for the Body of Christ, it is not. The Body already has the life of Christ and can't lose it because it is inseparable from Him. Christ IS the life of the believer whether they realize it or not. His life...their lives. It's not inherited, it's already granted and cannot be lost or forfeited.

The inheritance is something else entirely.

DAN P

Dan, what's your opinion? Does Paul warn believers they can lose their inheritance?

Hi and it is evident that no one will LOSE salvation at the BEMA SEAT but will LOSE REWARDS as written in 1 Cor 3:14-17 !!

At this point in time I see that the Greek word AASSIGNED AN INERITANCE / KLEROO means , TO MAKE , ASSIGN OR TO ALLOT and it seem only a word used by Paul and that this INHERITANCE is in the heavenly place Eph 1:14 18 and Col 1:12 !!

I t seems to me that REWARDS and our assigned inheritance are 2 different things and REWARDS can be LOST IS where I am tight now !!

But will try to study it more !!

dan p

Danoh

For sure, that is a subject worthy of an in-depth study.

Which is more than just a few passages quoted here and there.

I mean, it is an entire doctrine unto itself.

Meaning, it requires and deserves an in-depth study - as with any doctrine.

Why then would you allow yourself to be so thin-skinned when told this?

That can only get in your way.

Some time ago, a Mid-Acts Pastor-Teacher of the various people I go back and forth with every now and then, basically quoted those last verses in Hebrews 5 to me.

It stung.

"But for a moment..."

Because I immediately knew what my flesh would then further set me up for, should I allow that "but for a moment" momentary "affliction" to cause me to be "drawn away from...the prize."

Oddly enough, I knew that in that very moment simply "by reason of use" - to decide right then and there to take his words objectively.

And we where able to move on to what we were exploring.

Did he mean that which my flesh took badly?

(Romans 7's "sin revived and I died")

I doubt he'd meant that sting.

Did it dawn on him he may have unintentionally injured me?

Perhaps not.

More importantly, are either of those two issues to matter to the Believer on their receiving end, though?

No.

Those are issues of the flesh - "but every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust", that is, "enticed..." and so forth.

And the Believer is to "have no confidence in the flesh."

Note Musti, how even this issue is an in-depth doctrine.

One requiring one thoroughly study it out.

For its obvious, necessary impact.

That we end up "not ignorant of (Satan's) devices."

You might note I weave in and out of various passages as I touch on this "touchy" issue.

That is from having studied out in depth.

Not because I am smarter than you, or what have you.

But simply because I have wanted to know "so how does this grace work, where taking things personally is concerned - what saith the Scripture?"

I've used its understanding to counsel survivors of PTSD.

Which requires its study - regardless of level of "personal issues."

Result said studying out?

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Because that is how these studies work and what they are meant to result in, and enable in the Believer.

You might allow yourself to conclude I think I am all that.

And your pals might.

But that is your error; your self-deception

When things could instead, be allowed by any of you to result in a bit more self-reflection.

Which was all I did when that brother hit me with that "ouch!"

"By reason of use..."

Because Rom. 5:8 :)