good morning breakfast clubbers

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Crow at 3 in the morning. And at 4am... 5am... Pretty much anytime they feel the need to annoy me. :chuckle:
When I was a youngster living with a band I was playing with in a house we rented by a small river, there was a rooster who went crazy and would wake the house about three or four. Now as musicians we were just settling in for the night about then and it didn't sit well.

One late night we were all unwinding in the kitchen, about three, and off he goes. I looked around and said, "Well, that's enough of that." Got up, went to my room, came back through carrying my Browning and off into the darkness I went. Silence at the kitchen table.

A couple of minutes later they heard the report. Silence. I came back in, went by them and to bed, laughter trailing behind me.

No, I didn't shoot the thing. I shot right next to it. And you know what? That was the smartest rooster I ever knew about. He didn't wake us for the remaining month of our stay.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
When I was a youngster living with a band I was playing with in a house we rented by a small river, there was a rooster who went crazy and would wake the house about three or four. Now as musicians we were just settling in for the night about then and it didn't sit well.

One late night we were all unwinding in the kitchen, about three, and off he goes. I looked around and said, "Well, that's enough of that." Got up, went to my room, came back through carrying my Browning and off into the darkness I went. Silence at the kitchen table.

A couple of minutes later they heard the report. Silence. I came back in, went by them and to bed, laughter trailing behind me.

No, I didn't shoot the thing. I shot right next to it. And you know what? That was the smartest rooster I ever knew about. He didn't wake us for the remaining month of our stay.

I was getting very nervous as I read that, but it had a happy ending. :D

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Morning.

meltingbunn.jpg

Grounded again

:wave:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I thought to myself, that sounds familiar... and what do you know... same thread, even. Except now we know the rest of the story. :chuckle:

bybee

:wave2: morning

:tgif:

Good morning kmoney and all lovely Breakfast Clubbers!
Tomorrow my sister and I are starting a long drive to Florida. It is approximately 1,760 miles and I like to make it in two days. I've already reserved a room in Clarksville which is about halfway. Then we shall fly back. The goal is to get my car down there before winter sleet, ice and blizzards set in.:rain:
But, a trip is always an adventure and I love sharing it with my sister.

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was just pointed out to me that I haven't posted in this thread since March of this year. Sorry about that. :D ..

Hope everyone has been doing great. Things are ok here. My son graduated high school in June. I was busy with all that. :D .. Other than that, I've just been working and trying to stay out of trouble, which believe it or not, is extremely difficult for me. :chuckle: