ECT Fundamental question: how can the one David referred to be his son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

The NT Church began on the basis of 1 Cor.15:1-4.who i and all in Christ am joined to.--

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Ahhh, you believe the church started in Acts 2:38.

I think Baker had it right.

The Scripture does not say that the believers at Pentecost were formed into the church. It says that they were added to the church (Acts 2:41). A thing must first exist before anything can be added to it.

DAN P

Ahhh, you believe the church started in Acts 2:38.

I think Baker had it right.

The Scripture does not say that the believers at Pentecost were formed into the church. It says that they were added to the church (Acts 2:41). A thing must first exist before anything can be added to it.

Hi and it is God that ADDED to that assembly and forget to tell all the the Greek word ADDED is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and that means Jesus add to that ASSEMBLY and then STOP , why you say , is because Israel was to be sat ASIDE in Acts 28:28 and as 2 Cor 14-16 and Luke 13:6-9 !!

The Body of Christ began with Paul in Acts 9:6 , PERIOD !!

dan p

drbrumley

Hi and it is God that ADDED to that assembly and forget to tell all the the Greek word ADDED is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and that means Jesus add to that ASSEMBLY and then STOP , why you say , is because Israel was to be sat ASIDE in Acts 28:28 and as 2 Cor 14-16 and Luke 13:6-9 !!

dan p

I need an interpreter

Nang

TOL Subscriber

dan p

The spiritual "body of Christ" (His church) consists of every soul that has been graced with faith in His righteous Being and promises to redeem, since the beginning of time . . beginning with Eve, Abel, Seth, and the believing lineage of Adam to Noah . . and then from Shem, Job, and Abram until the conception and incarnation of the Christ from within the nation of Israel, as also promised. Including all the N.T. saints who look to the cross work of Jesus Christ for forgiveness and life.

There is one Elect people of God; found to abide only in the Elect Son of God; Jesus Christ, and He in them. Ephesians 5:23-32

That is the "body of Christ."

drbrumley

The spiritual "body of Christ" (His church) consists of every soul that has been graced with faith in His righteous Being and promises to redeem, since the beginning of time . . beginning with Eve, Abel, Seth, and the believing lineage of Adam to Noah . . and then from Shem, Job, and Abram until the conception and incarnation of the Christ from within the nation of Israel, as also promised. Including all the N.T. saints who look to the cross work of Jesus Christ for forgiveness and life.

There is one Elect people of God; found to abide only in the Elect Son of God; Jesus Christ, and He in them. Ephesians 5:23-32

That is the "body of Christ."
:nono:

glorydaz

peter--

1Pe 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
1Pe 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

LA

And your point is?

dodge

dan p

dan, tell that to the 3000 souls that were added to the B.O.C. in Acts 2:41, and no I am not a dipsy.

Act 2:41
Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Interplanner

hey folks: human response to the Gospel is not the Gospel. The Gospel is the initial news from God, that he was in Christ reconciling the debt of mankind's sin in Him.

The human responses to this are varied and are the 'effect' of the 'cause', not the cause.

drbrumley

Which part of acts 2:41 do you NOT believe ?

Acts 2:41 (NKJV)
41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.

I believe what it says....I just don't believe your interpretation of it

dodge

I believe what it says....I just don't believe your interpretation of it

lol, nothing to interpret:

41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.

Those who gladly received ( the gospel) were baptized , and that day about 3000 souls were added to them.

Praise God about 3000 souls got saved.

I know parts of the verse expose MADism for the lie it is.It is better to follow God than men.

drbrumley

lol, nothing to interpret:

Those who gladly received ( the gospel) were baptized , and that day about 3000 souls were added to them.

Praise God about 3000 souls got saved.

I know parts of the verse expose MADism for the lie it is.It is better to follow God than men.

Boy, you are conceited.....

3000 souls got saved to what?

Status
Not open for further replies.