Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

beloved57

So True. Most don't understand the discriminatory element which Grace entails.

For instance, it's a fact that God never offered or had given Grace to the Vessels of Wrath Rom. 9:22,
but He reprobated them; deliberately prepared them to be destroyed.

On the other hand, the Vessels of Mercy, whom God "had afore prepared unto glory" Rom. 9:23,
they were Chosen Eph. 1:4-5 and given Grace before the world began in God's Purpose of Election 2 Tim. 1:9.

Consequently, because the Portion of humanity who were Given Grace are only a small remnant Rom 11:5,
that leaves the majority of mankind totally excluded from the benefit of God's Grace.

Yes, the rest were blinded Rom. 11:7 because the Light of the Glorious Gospel was never intended for them 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

~~~~~

Amen, you have spoken wisely !

beloved57

Salvation by Grace through Faith is a unpopular Truth ! 3

Salvation by Grace through Faith is a unpopular Truth ! 3

The Message of Salvation by Grace, which denotes a discriminating purpose of God to save only some, an Election of Grace, was demonstrated in the Life and Preaching of Jesus Christ Himself. Jesus in His first public sermon recorded showed the Principle of discriminating Grace here in these Two sacred narratives Lk 4:25-29

25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;

26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.

27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.

28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,

29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

Now the obvious point here Jesus is making, yes all men are in need of healing, salvation, mercy, but God has sent His Son to only Save some, to only heal some, to only aid some.

Jesus stated once again Matt 15:22-24

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

That was a discriminating reply, He was sent only to have mercy upon one group of People, His Elect, the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel !

If this woman was not one of those Sheep, He had no mercy for her !

beloved57

Grace reigns through Jesus Christ 5

Grace reigns through Jesus Christ 5

One of the most abused scriptures in the bible when it comes to Grace, is this one Titus 2:11

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

This verse has been used by deceivers for centuries to teach that Salvation by the Grace of God is made available for all men without exception, but its up to man to accept it with his freewill in order to get saved by it, or something of that nature !

But thats one of the biggest lies ever told. This verse is actually an Illustration / Testimony to the Grace of God reigning through the Righteousness of Jesus Christ Rom 5:21

21 That[hina purpose] as sin hath reigned unto death, even so That [Hina Purpose]might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

And thats what Titus 2:11 Illustrates, that this Grace of God, to whom All it concerns, brings and produces a inward practical Acquaintance with Salvation by the Grace of God, an actual conversion by the Spirit of Grace !

In fact the word bringeth Salvation in Titus 2:11 is the greek sōtērios and means:

I.saving, bringing salvation

Grace here is actually saving, bringing about an conversion, and then its said to start Teaching Vs 12

Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

That word teaching is actually the word for chasteneing, to be instructed, to cause one to learn !

Its God dealing with us as Sons, where the same word is used Heb 12:6

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

In fact thats who the All are in Titus 2:11, hence it could read Titus 2:11

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, or every Son,

Teaching us [every Son]that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

This is another way of Saying that Grace reigns through Righteousness unto Eternal Life through Jesus Christ, That same Eternal Life promised before the World began Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

beloved57

The Mystery of Iniquity !

The Mystery of Iniquity !

2 Thess 2:7

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

What is this Mystery of iniquity ? The word Mystery denotes something that cant be known naturally, but it must be revealed, or made known, sorta like when Jesus told Peter after he made that great confession Matt 16:17

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

And thats how it is with this Mystery of Iniquity, flesh and blood can never reveal it, but only the Spirit of God.

It was actually an iniqutiy being committed by men by nature, which he is ignorant of, of which was already at work in Pauls day, so he writes in the text " the mystery of iniquity doth already work"

Its already operating. The word iniquity, anomia= lawlessness, its an utter disregard for God's Law, His Written and Living Word. Now herein lies the Mystery, and it is this, that man by nature is self deceived in his self righteousness, thinking that the good things he does morally and or religiously, either makes him accepted of God, or it helps contribute to it, not realizing that such thinking is evil, is iniquity, sin and disobedience ! Its also a religious iniquity, remember when Jesus said here to religious people Matt 7:22-23

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

What was there iniquity ? Vs 22 , their prophesying or preaching in His Name, their casting out demons/devils, and all the wonderful works they did in His Name !

That word wonderful means:

extraordinarily good, tremendous, terrific works, and may i say sincerely !

Jesus is saying these words to drug dealers, and thieves, the gangsters and prostitutes, else that would be naturally understood why He calls them " Ye that work iniquity" !

See, man by nature has no idea that his best morality, sincerity in religion, doing good to his fellow man, being a faithful loving husband or wife, that all of this, when it comes into thinking that it makes them accepted of God, worthy of reward, that its evil, its iniquity !

beloved57

The Mystery of Iniquity !2

The Mystery of Iniquity !2

See, man by nature has no idea that his best morality, sincerity in religion, doing good to his fellow man, being a faithful loving husband or wife, that all of this, when it comes into thinking that it makes them accepted of God, worthy of reward, that its evil, its iniquity ! In fact, that is primary what Jesus is speaking of here Jn 3:19

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

The darkness and evil deeds here that men Loved is self righteousness, religion in sincerity, its what Paul wrote that his jewish brethren were guilty of here Rom 10:2-3

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

The jews were ignorant of the One True God in their religious ways, and the Gentiles were in their own religious ways, Pauls point here Acts 17:23

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

One doesn't have to be a jew to ignorantly worship God, and one doesn't have to be a Gentile to ignorantly worship God, its just an ignorance and darkness we all have by nature !

This is the way of man, of cain Gen 4:1, cain self righteously brought the best crops he had tilled for to the Lord for an offering, to be accepted of the Lord Gen 4:2-3

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

The word tiller means labour, to do work, he tilled unto the sweat of his brow, but all to only hear from God that he was not accepted, he had not done well or good, but evil, and all of us by nature are in the way of cain Jude 1:11

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

And this sin, the way of cain, the mystery of iniquity cannot be known by man by nature, hence we read Prov 14:12

12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Prov 16:25

25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

The key here is that it seemth right ! It seems to be right and correct !

It seems right to man by nature, that we can be accepted by God by our sincerity in religion, our morality in knowing and doing right opposed to wrong behavior, not knowing that such thinking is iniquity !

beloved57

Was Adam the Federal Head of all mankind by nature ?

Was Adam the Federal Head of all mankind by nature ?

Was Adam the Federal Head of all mankind by nature as his Creation ? Now many of you would answer yes to this question, however I don't believe that is accurate according to the scriptures, instead I believe the scripture teaches that Adam was the Federal head and representative of all men who were created/made in the Image and Likeness of God Gen 1:26

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

James 3:9

9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

And we believe that all who were thusly made in the Image and Likeness of God, and because God is Immutable in His Purpose, they shall be confirmed in the Image and Likeness, as they shall be conformed to the Image of Christ, who is God Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

2 Cor 3:18

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

You see, Adam and mankind in him being made in the Image and Likeness of God, it was not related to their physical Creation out of the dust, but in their Spiritual Creation, in accordance with being Chosen in Christ, their Heavenly Head before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children/sons by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

In this lied their being Made in the Image and Likeness of God !

Now all the rest of mankind, not having been predestinated unto the Adoption of Sons by Jesus Christ, or not being predestinated to the Image of the Son Rom 8:29, they were never originally in Adam when he was made in the Image and Likeness of God here Gen 1:26 !

beloved57

Salvation is of the Lord !

Salvation is of the Lord !

Jonah 2:9

9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord.

Many today in false religion will make this claim that " Salvation is of the Lord", but only to fulfill the words of Paul here 2 Tim 3:5

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

They talk a good game, but thats it ! This applies most especially to those people who teach and believe that the Almighty desires the Eternal Salvation of many who shall never be saved through Christ, which thinking proves that there is no real belief that Salvation is 100 % of the Lord, and God failed to accomplish through Christ all that He desired which contradicts Job 23:13

13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

All such belief and teaching of Salvation that allows for that Dishonors God and all of His Attributes !

But Preaching and Teaching that Honors God and the Truth that all Salvation is of the Lord, the Triune God, is when it sets forth the Role of the Father in Salvation, then of the Son, and then the Holy Spirits !

beloved57

Salvation is of the Lord !2

Salvation is of the Lord !2

All three Persons of the Godhead, Father, Word/Son, and The Spirit, work in Covenantal Unity to Save God's Elect from their ruin out of the Fall in Adam their Natural , and Federal Head !

Lets start with the Father, The Salvation of the Elect originated in His Bosom, by His Sovereign Choice of them, His Electing Love of them, His Predestinating them unto Open Adoption and Sonship in Christ before the foundation of the World Eph 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

All for the Praise of the Glory of His Grace Eph 1:6

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
These verses witness to us the meaning of Salvation by Grace !

Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Secondly, There is the recognition of the Sons Work in Salvation, His coming to specifically do and fulfill the Law of God in Covenant engagement in behalf of God's Elect Heb 10:4-9

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Thats the same Will of God mentioned here Jn 6:38-40

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me [Jn 17:2] I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

He came to render a Covenant Obedience to God's Law and Justice, to those the Father had given Him, those the Father had Chosen in Him, which Obedience unto death Phil 2:8; Rom 5:19 cancels out all of their sins, as well as provides them with a Robe of Righteousness, a Perfect Law Obeying Righteousness, one which Merited them the Gift of Eternal Life, a Righteousness given them far exceeding that which the most moral men in society can muster, like the scribes and pharisees of Jesus day Matt 5:20

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Well, since the Righteousness that Christ's Active Obedience accomplished for them does exceed that of the scribes and the pharisees, they shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven !

beloved57

Salvation is of the Lord !3

Salvation is of the Lord !3

Thirdly, and just as important, then there is the Regenerating Role of the Spirit, the giving of Life, both Spiritual and Eternal, The Spirit gives the effectiveness, the converting/saving results, the completeness to Christ Christ's Saving Life and Death !

Now these are all things done in affirming the Truth that Salvation [all of it] is of the Lord ! For if any one sinner that Christ Lived and died for, comes short of etering into eternal life, or having what Peter says here 2 Pet 2:11

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

That would mean God the Fathers Choice and Predestination has failed, the Sons God Gloryifying Law Obedience Active and Passive has failed, and the Efficacious application Work of the Spirit has failed, and the sinners own sinfulness, and the Power of the devil hath prevailed against Gods desire and Purpose to save all for whom He desired it 1 Tim 2:4

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Nanja

Jonah 2:9

9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord.

Many today in false religion will make this claim that " Salvation is of the Lord", but only to fulfill the words of Paul here 2 Tim 3:5

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

They talk a good game, but thats it ! This applies most especially to those people who teach and believe that the Almighty desires the Eternal Salvation of many who shall never be saved through Christ, which thinking proves that there is no real belief that Salvation is 100 % of the Lord, and God failed to accomplish through Christ all that He desired which contradicts Job 23:13

13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

All such belief and teaching of Salvation that allows for that Dishonors God and all of His Attributes !

But Preaching and Teaching that Honors God and the Truth that all Salvation is of the Lord, the Triune God, is when it sets forth the Role of the Father in Salvation, then of the Son, and then the Holy Spirits !

Amen!

False religion hates the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24 which was given
exclusively to all the Election of Grace / Elect of God before the foundation of the world

False religion teaches that the Salvation of the Lord is an offer to all of humanity,
and can only be effectual by an individual's cooperation: by exercising his own will
to choose it for himself by something he does; i.e. a favorable response proven by some action he takes.

They don't believe that Christ's Death gives Life effectually to all whom He died for,
but only possibly, leaving it up to the sinner to make that determination. And so, because they believe
that it's the sinner who is the one who determines whether or not the power of Christ's Death will give life or not,
that's outright denying the Power of God to Save 2 Tim. 3:5!

I still have in my possession, a (false) gospel tract from the very last false church I ever attended,
and which God pulled me out of.

Notice all the works of the flesh going on here.

I call it "the do-it-yourself salvation plan"!

Here it is:

"In a World Filled With Confusion And Uncertainty...How Can I Be Sure?"

1. If you confess with your mouth - the first step is to admit to God that you have fallen short and missed His best for you. You must turn away from running your own life

2. Jesus is Lord - Now you must turn the control of your life over to Jesus Christ , making Him Lord (Master, Ruler, Owner)

3. Believe in your Heart - Accept and have confidence in the truth of what you have just done. You will receive new life and God will come to live in your heart.

4. You will be Saved - This is God's promise when you make the decision to come to Him! Your life will be forever changed and your destination will be sure. You will begin an exciting journey with your Creator! Now the choice is up to you...

My comments on that tract:

1. To confess means to be in agreement with Christ. But before anyone is given New Birth, they are in rebellion against God:

Is. 64:6-7 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf;
and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. And there is none that calleth upon thy name,
that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.

2. 1 Cor. 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed:
and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

3. No one can believe on Christ with a wicked heart:
Jer. 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

But in the New Birth, a person is given a "new heart":

Ezek. 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you:
and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

4. Another Lie of the devil!

Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph. 1:3-7 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all
spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him
before the foundation of the world
, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself,
according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace,
wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood,
the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace

2 Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works,
but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

False religion hates the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24 which was given
exclusively to all the Election of Grace / Elect of God before the foundation of the world

False religion teaches that the Salvation of the Lord is an offer to all of humanity,
and can only be effectual by an individual's cooperation: by exercising his own will
to choose it for himself by something he does; i.e. a favorable response proven by some action he takes.

They don't believe that Christ's Death gives Life effectually to all whom He died for,
but only possibly, leaving it up to the sinner to make that determination. And so, because they believe
that it's the sinner who is the one who determines whether or not the power of Christ's Death will give life or not,
that's outright denying the Power of God to Save 2 Tim. 3:5!

I still have in my possession, a (false) gospel tract from the very last false church I ever attended,
and which God pulled me out of.

Notice all the works of the flesh going on here.

I call it "the do-it-yourself salvation plan"!

Here it is:

My comments on that tract:

1. To confess means to be in agreement with Christ. But before anyone is given New Birth, they are in rebellion against God:

Is. 64:6-7 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf;
and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. And there is none that calleth upon thy name,
that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.

2. 1 Cor. 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed:
and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

3. No one can believe on Christ with a wicked heart:
Jer. 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

But in the New Birth, a person is given a "new heart":

Ezek. 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you:
and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

4. Another Lie of the devil!

Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph. 1:3-7 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all
spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him
before the foundation of the world
, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself,
according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace,
wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood,
the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace

2 Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works,
but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

~~~~~

Good insights!

beloved57

Eternal Life Promised to the Elect before the world began !

Eternal Life Promised to the Elect before the world began !

Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

In Vs 2 here, who did God Promise Eternal Life unto before the World commenced ? For it had to be promised to someone and or someones, and it was Promised to His Elect ! Lets read 1 Jn 2:25

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

The Us here are Believers !

These are also the ones given to Christ in Election Jn 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give[Based upon a Promise] eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

No it was not promised them in their individual persons/beings, but in their Representative Head and Surety on their behalf, Christ Jesus 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2 Tim 1:1

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Last edited:

beloved57

Eternal Life Promised to the Elect before the world began !2

Eternal Life Promised to the Elect before the world began !2

God Promised it[Eternal Life] to Christ and His Seed Chosen in Him, David served as a Type of this Covenantal Promise God made with Christ Ps 89:1-4

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

God is said to have made a covenant with David, His Chosen, David a Type of Christ, and the Covenant I believe is the One Paul mentions here Gal 3:17

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

And this Covenant Promise included to establish to Him a Seed forever [which speaks to eternal life] !

That word establish is the hebrew word kuwn and means:

1. to be firm, be stable, be established
    1. (Niphal)

2. to be set up, be established, be fixed
      1. to be firmly established
      2. to be established, be stable, be secure, be enduring
      3. to be fixed, be securely determined
    3. to be directed aright, be fixed aright, be steadfast (moral sense)
    4. to prepare, be ready
    5. to be prepared, be arranged, be settled

2. (Hiphil)
    1. to establish, set up, accomplish, do, make firm
    2. to fix, make ready, prepare, provide, provide for, furnish
    3. to direct toward (moral sense)
    4. to arrange, order

3. (Hophal)
    1. to be established, be fastened
    2. to be prepared, be ready

4. (Polel)
    1. to set up, establish
    2. to constitute, make
    3. to fix
    4. to direct
  5. (Pulal) to be established, be prepared
  6. (Hithpolel) to be established, be restored
And the word is used in the NT mainly indicating something God will or shall do to believers,

1 Thess 3:2

And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith:

Its also called stablish in the NT :

Rom 16:25

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

1 Thes 3:13

To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

The word means:

1. to make stable, place firmly, set fast, fix
  2. to strengthen, make firm
  3. to render constant, confirm, one's mind
Thats because believers are Christ's Seed, and God Promised to establish them, He does that by the Power of the Gospel !

Rom 16:25

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

This is why to some the Gospel is the Power of God unto Salvation, it is establishing the Seed of Christ or David according to Gods Promise Ps 89:4

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

beloved57

Eternal Life Promised to the Elect before the world began !3

Eternal Life Promised to the Elect before the world began !3

Lets remember that Paul was an Apostle to the Gentiles specifically and was to Teach them the Gospel 1 Tim 2:7

Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

Even Timothy was an Gentile, and Paul says according to his Gospel about Christ:

2 Tim 2:8

8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

And the Church is Christ's Seed, which God Promised to establish in the Covenant He made with David, a Type of Christ Ps 89:1-4

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant [Isa 42:1],

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever[which speaks to eternal life], and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

Also Ps 89:34-36

34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David/Christ.

36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.

John Gill comments on this Vs 36

His seed shall endure for ever,.... This is a confirmation by his oath of what he had before said,Psalm 89:29 which may be understood either of the perseverance of particular believers, of everyone of the spiritual seed of Christ; or of the duration of the church in general, throughout all ages, as before observed; and these being matters of moment and importance, and of which there are sometimes doubts in the minds of the Lord's people about them, and that they may be firmly believed by them, he confirms them with an oath; for God never swears to trivial things; and when he does swear, it is to remove the doubts of his people, and make their minds easy:

In Vs 34, Gods Covenant Promise shall not change, He will not Lie unto David, or his Antitype the Lord Jesus Christ, hence Titus 1:2

This is in confirmation of God's Promise to David/ the Antitype Christ, His Seed will be established forever, which eqates to Eternal Life.

Now these things should also give us to understand that Eternal Life was never going to be possible through Adam, the natural federal head of the Elect, for before the world began it was Promised to Christ and His Seed in the Eternal Covenant which Christ was the Surety of, and this sublime Truth is always in Gods Time revealed to the Faith of God's Elect in Christ ! Titus 1:1-2

This is also a Gospel Truth !

Nanja

Lets remember that Paul was an Apostle to the Gentiles specifically and was to Teach them the Gospel 1 Tim 2:7

Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

Even Timothy was an Gentile, and Paul says according to his Gospel about Christ:

2 Tim 2:8

8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

And the Church is Christ's Seed, which God Promised to establish in the Covenant He made with David, a Type of Christ Ps 89:1-4

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant [Isa 42:1],

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever[which speaks to eternal life], and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

Also Ps 89:34-36

34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David/Christ.

36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.

John Gill comments on this Vs 36

In Vs 34, Gods Covenant Promise shall not change, He will not Lie unto David, or his Antitype the Lord Jesus Christ, hence Titus 1:2

This is in confirmation of God's Promise to David/ the Antitype Christ, His Seed will be established forever, which eqates to Eternal Life.

Now these things should also give us to understand that Eternal Life was never going to be possible through Adam, the natural federal head of the Elect, for before the world began it was Promised to Christ and His Seed in the Eternal Covenant which Christ was the Surety of, and this sublime Truth is always in Gods Time revealed to the Faith of God's Elect in Christ ! Titus 1:1-2

This is also a Gospel Truth !

Thank You for this very instructive and edifying 3 Part study:
Eternal Life Promised to the Elect before the world began

Salvation / Eternal Life is Promised to only the Elect of God, Chosen in Christ before the world began Eph. 1:4-5.

No it was not promised them in their individual persons/beings, but in their represenative Head and Surety on their behalf, Christ Jesus 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2 Tim 1:1

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

It's not possible for anyone outside of the Elect of God to inherit Eternal Life.
Some may think that by their own freewill choice, they can place themselves in Christ,
or can become one who is in Christ by their own act of believing in the flesh Rom. 8:7-8.
But they that are in the flesh are unregenerate. Only the Elect, in time, will be Born of the Spirit
and given Faith Heb. 11:6; of Whom Faith is a fruit and gift of Gal. 5:22; Eph. 2:8.

~~~~~

beloved57

Thank You for this very instructive and edifying 3 Part study:
Eternal Life Promised to the Elect before the world began

Salvation / Eternal Life is Promised to only the Elect of God, Chosen in Christ before the world began Eph. 1:4-5.

It's not possible for anyone outside of the Elect of God to inherit Eternal Life.
Some may think that by their own freewill choice, they can place themselves in Christ,
or can become one who is in Christ by their own act of believing in the flesh Rom. 8:7-8.
But they that are in the flesh are unregenerate. Only the Elect, in time, will be Born of the Spirit
and given Faith Heb. 11:6; of Whom Faith is a fruit and gift of Gal. 5:22; Eph. 2:8.

~~~~~

Glad you were edified!

beloved57

Who are the every of Heb 2:9 ?

Who are the every of Heb 2:9 ?

Heb 2:9

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

The KJV translators added the word man, which is ok, its appropriate, for it was men for whom He tated death for, and it does apply to every man He did actually taste death for, but the every man is every man of the Childre that God had given Him Heb 2:13-14

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

And Vs 14

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death[Vs 9] he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

He took on flesh and blood because the Children He would die for partook of it, and they were the Children given to Him from Vs 13, which also makes them His Seed Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed/Children, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

So He tasted death for every man of His Seed, also His brethren. He tasted death for the Children who in their first natural head adam did transgress Gods Law to begin with, He became like His Children/Brethren that through Death [as a Surety for them] and that death of Heb 2:9 He would destroy him that had the power of death, the devil, which for them would render death by him inoperative, and releases them from spiritual death, then are the children of God manifested that He tasted death for 1 Jn 3:8

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Thats how we also know who the every man of Heb 2:9 is, they whom He tasted death for are delivered from spiritual death and ruin caused by the devil. If anyone whom Christ tasted death for remains in spiritual death, that means the devil rendered Christ's death inoperative, instead of the other way around !

Last edited:

beloved57

Cannot continue in sin !

Cannot continue in sin !

Rom 6:1-4

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

You know what this means ? It means that those Christ died for cannot continue in the sin of unbelief ! To continue in unbelief is the same as to continue in sin, which quite frankly is an impossibility for any Christ died and rose again in behalf of, and heres why:

You see, in the Judgment of God, all for whom He died and rose, died and rose together with Him, because He died in their stead and behalf, and consequently when He arose, they arose along with Him from the dead ; And correspondingly as He was raised from the dead [after dying because of their sins as their Legal Surety] by the Glory of the Father, even so they shall be also, in order to walk in the Newness of Life [by the Glory of the Father], which life is Spiritual and overcomes spiritual death ! This Newness of Life is that renewing of the Holy Ghost written of here Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

And also what Peter says is being begotten again here 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

That word begotten again is the greek word anagennaō:

1. to produce again, be born again, born anew
  2. metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God
To be Born anew or again, from above , This is what Paul means in Rom 6:4

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

The we is everyone Christ died and rose again in behalf of , and that's why they cannot continue in sin and unbelief.

See unbelief is the wage of sin, the fruit of death Rom 6:23

23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Unbelief is the fruit of spiritual death !