Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

beloved57

The pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand !

The pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand !

Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Very many deny this truth, don't believe it. Yes they say they do, but they really don't, like Paul says 2 Tim 3:5

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Acknowledging Truth is godliness Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Now the word pleasure in our text in Isa 53:10 is the word chephets and means:

delight, pleasure

a) delight

b) desire, longing

c) the good pleasure

d) that in which one takes delight

It means will as in here Prov 21:1

The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

The king’s heart is in Yahweh’s hand like the watercourses.
He turns it wherever he desires.

Now from scripture, what is the pleasure of the Lord, His Purpose that is in the Hand of Christ in this instance ?

Its for whatever aim or purpose the Lord had, That is God the Father, in His Son being put to grief, and His soul being made an Offering for sin.

The Father's Purpose for this was that those He was put to grief for, made an Offering for, was so that they might Live Spiritually through Him 1 Jn 4:9

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that[purpose/in order that] we might live [spiritually] through him.

Now it can be said that all whom the Father purposed to Live Spiritually through His Son being made an Sin Offering in their behalf, if they do not all come to Live Spiritually, then the Pleasure of the Lord did not prosper in His Hand.

It was God's pleasure that for all whom Christ died, they should be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth 1 Tim 2:4-6

4 Who will have all men to be saved[Live Spiritually], and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

This giving Himself a ransom here, answers to the being put to grief and making His Soul an Offering for Sin here Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Now if all He gave Himself a ransom for or His soul was made an offering for sin in behalf of, if they are not all saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth, as it is clearly the Lord's[The Father] pleasure, will, desire to be done, then clearly the Pleasure of the Father did not prosper in His Hand . No, the issue was not successful, it did not prosper, it did not effect the desired results.

Now let it be understood, that anyone out of the whole World, that God desires to be saved and to come into the knowledge of the Truth, is not, the Fault must lie in the One whom God sent to get the Job done; And who might that be according to scripture ?

Lets see Jn 3:17

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that [in order that] the world through him might be saved.

Now who did God send according to this scripture to save the World He wanted to be saved ? That His Work to do !

Cp Jn 3:17 with 1 Jn 4:9

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Now, is the World here that God wants to be saved through Christ the same people God wants to be saved in 1 Tim 2:4 ?

Lets look at another scripture who it is clearly told us who God expects to Save that which was Lost ! Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Now does the Pleasure of the Lord prosper in the Son of man hands ? Is He successful in both seeking and saving that which was Lost ? Yes or No ?

One more Jn 6:39-40

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

So please understand the gravity of claiming that Christ died to save all men without exception and Yet realizing all men without exception shall not be saved Matt 25:41; Matt 7:23, so in essence that is calling Christ a failure and saying that the pleasure of the Lord did not prosper in His Hand, which conclusion is against Christ !

Iwannaknow

BANNED
Banned
Yadda-yadda-yadda...

Beloved57 What's makes you so horribly afraid that you might have a choice in the process of your salvation? What are you doing that you feel you might actually be accountable for? Because this relentless issue you have with the thought that one as yourself might actually be accountable for something begs the question.

What issue would you have with those who believe in choosing Christ everyday by acting upon their faith led by the Holy Spirit, as opposed to someone who feels no need to act upon faith because they believe that's a work of the flesh because you believe you've already been chosen by a one-time confession.

I think you're hiding something dire about yourself.

Iwannaknow

BANNED
Banned
iwana

Lets rehearse the points in post 661 that you evaded.

No...let's not. Tell us what you're doing that you're afraid you might be accountable for. These relentless threads and posts of yours indicate to me that something else is going on with you... I really don't want to know what it is, but by the novels you've written here protesting the fact that we are accountable for our words and deeds...only leads me to one possible conclusion in your case. You're looking for confirmation that what you're doing is okay with God.

Iwannaknow

BANNED
Banned
If anyone asks me, I'd say that belief Calvinism is the sinners paradise in that one can simply go on sinning without recompense. And although they might preach against sin...believe they're still not accountable for it, which doesn't teach and encourage to abstain from sin, but to sin all the more because of grace.

I think I have more respect for an atheist in this regard...for it's better to believe in nothing than to believe that Christ encourages sin by His grace. In the end...I think an atheist less guilty.

beloved57

No...let's not. Tell us what you're doing that you're afraid you might be accountable for. These relentless threads and posts of yours indicate to me that something else is going on with you... I really don't want to know what it is, but by the novels you've written here protesting the fact that we are accountable for our words and deeds...only leads me to one possible conclusion in your case. You're looking for confirmation that what you're doing is okay with God.

Lets rehearse the points in post 661 that you evaded.

beloved57

If it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

If it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Matt 24:24

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; iinsomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Its impossible for God's Believing Elect to be deceived by false teachings and gospels, after conversion, because they are sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise, and they are sealed in their forehead, this happens upon believing the Testimony of the Gospel of their Salvation Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

This sealing is by the Spirit and does affect the Mind of the sealed one, which is what the forehead symbolizes Rev 7:3

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

All True Believers become Servants of God !

Rev 9:4

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

This sealing prevents the Believing Child of God from being carried about by every wind of false doctrine Eph 4:14

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

John means the same here 1 Jn 2:20,27

20 But ye have an unction/anointing from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

This unction and or anointing is the guarantee of the Teaching of the Holy Spirit.

This anointing they are having is a present tense indicative, they are continually having it and Vs 27 tells us why, because its abiding in them. That word abiding means its staying, remaining, continues.

Its what Jesus promised to the Church Jn 14:16

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

The Holy Spirit will be constantly with the Church to aid them. One of the ways the Spirit comforts the Believer is by the Scriptures of Truth Rom 15:4

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

That the Spirit, Sealing, and Anointing are all interrelated is seen here by Paul's words 2 Cor 1:21-22

21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;

22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

The sealing of the Spirit is in our Hearts if we are Believers.

Now thats why Jesus can say of the converted Sheep Jn 10:4-5

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Now understand, If an genuine Believer, sealed by the Spirit forever, if they begin to follow the voice of a stranger [false teaching] other than Christ's voice and the Truth as is in Him Eph 4:21, then they were deceived from the Truth, which contradicts the Truth of which Christ just stated, that the voice of a stranger they will not follow !

Now listen, All who teach that a converted Sheep of Christ, who has believed the Truth of the Gospel of His Salvation Eph 1:13, and was sealed unto the day of redemption, if you teach he can then fall away into deception and lies like here 1 Tim 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Be it known they are calling Jesus Christ a Liar, Read again Jn 10:5

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

And here Matt 24:24

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Because that's what happening in 1 Tim 4:1, those are being deceived by seducing spirits and doctrines of devil, false gospels.

beloved57

Matt 7:15-16 Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Matt 7:15-16 Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Matt 7:15-16

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Jesus here is speaking to True Believers, His Sheep, and informs them that they shall know know False Prophets, who are disguised as True Prophets or Servants of God, or wolves in Sheep clothing, Like what Paul describes here 2 Cor 11:14-15

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Who John describes here Rev 13:11

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Or these by Paul again 2 Tim 3:5

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

But Jesus declares that His True Sheep shall know them by their fruit, meaning the fruit of their message, their voice of deception. Remember what Jesus said here Jn 10:4-5

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

They know something is amis with their Testimony of Salvation and of Christ. They will try their spirits 1 Jn 4:1

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

If what they hear is not of God, its the voice of a stranger !

There are many varieties of strangers or false teachings, but in the final analysis, they all with one united voice make Salvation to be dependent by their works, or doings, or by the will of man [freewill], that make it be by something man must do, which means Christ's Death in and of itself saved no one they say !! So that's how the Sheep know them, by their Salvation by works religion ! It always caters to the will of man having the final say and closing the deal on ones Salvation, so they hear the dragons voice of Rev 13:11!

beloved57

Christ Death actually saves !

Christ Death actually saves !

One of the greatest blasphemies in our times is that lie, that the death of Christ in and of itself saves no one ! Yet that is/was the very means by which He was going to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21 !

This blasphemy is largely due to the atrocious ambition of men wanting to ascribe Salvation to some degree more or less to the will of man: However to deny Christ's death of its inherent saving efficacy, for all whom He did die, is denying Him to be their Saviour, which is opposing to Christ.

Many make this denial by appealing to such scriptures as Rom 5:10

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Twisting that to suggest that it means, that people are not saved by His Death since it says here that they are saved by His Life , so they could not have been saved by His Death, but how absurd is that ?

The intentional oversight here is that His Life here in Rom 5:10 is but Himself living to ensure the application of the saving merits of His Death, and in order to that, He himself was saved out of His Death for them, as Jesus prayed to be saved out of His Death Heb 5:7

7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

That is to save Him out of the state of Death ! He was not praying to not have to die, for that was His Purpose for coming into the world, but that He would after dying, be saved out of it, by His Resurrection from the dead, and by this He prayed according to His Fathers Will for Him, for it was predicted that God would not suffer Him to see corruption Ps 16:9-10
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

And Peter on the day of pentecost did apply this scripture to Christ's Resurrection Acts 2:25-31

25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

And Paul referenced this scripture and applied it to Christ's Resurrection Acts 13:35

35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Read the entire context this verse is found Acts 13:23-35, and Vs 23 informs us that at His Resurrection He is declared to be Saviour Acts 13:23

23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Thats because His Resurrection declares that His Death saved those He died for, or else why would He be called a Saviour !

A Saviour is not one who is potentially a Saviour, but One who actually saves sinners from their sins. Jesus upon His Resurrection had saved those He came to seek and to Save of which was Lost Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

beloved57

Christ Death actually saves ! 2

Christ Death actually saves ! 2

So it is, those He died for shall be saved by His Life, because He lives to apply the saving merit of His Redeeming Death, for His Death alone redeems from destruction Ps 103:4

4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with loving kindness and tender mercies;

He does this by making intercession for them. As High Priest of His People,He must be Faithful to the things pertaining to God for them Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

And in order to His Faithfulness, He made Himself a sin offering for them, and as the High Priest did on the day of atonement when he entered the Holy of Holies with the Blood Sacrifice in the presence of God for them He was offered for, so does Christ as their Great High Priest, enter into the greater Holy Place in God's Presence for those He died Heb 9:11-12

11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

This is true for all whom He died whether they are presently believers or not, His Blood Vs 12 was still shed for them !

His Blood is an ever reminder of His Sacrifice for them in the very presence of God, on all whom He was sent to make propitiation for. Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation[propitiation] for the sins of the people.

1 Jn 2:2

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

That means Christ's Blood is ever in the Presence of God for this world as a reminder of Christ's Sacrifice and Christ intercession for it.

1 Jn 4:9-10

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

And by Him still being the High Priest of all He died for, He makes Intercession for all of them that the merits of His Redeeming Death be applied to them, which is the Will of God Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

That word give is the greek word charizomai:

I show favor to, (b) I pardon, forgive, (c) I show kindness.

to give graciously, give freely, bestow:

So Christ prays or intercedes for the bestowal of all the blessings of Grace that comes with His being made a Sacrifice for them, thats merely part of His function as a Faithful High Priest for them He died for !

This is the same as the typical High Priest did for the children of Israel when he would appear in the presence of God for them in the Holy of Holies with the typical blood, and he would have all the names of the children of Israel on his breastplate Ex 28:29

And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the Lord continually.

As such, all for whom Christ died, His Blood is a continual memorial before the Lord in His Presence !

Iwannaknow

BANNED
Banned
You people who believe this doctrine seem to have this relentless ability to literally flood a post with scripture that doesn't reconcile with itself to the point where it's overwhelming to some to attempt to point out all that is wrong with it.

I can do that with one or two scriptures here...

Ephesians 4:30...which proves that only a believer is able to grieve or blaspheme the Holy Spirit and fall from grace as Paul says here...Galatians 5:4

1 Timothy 4:1 John 15:1-2 All of the branches IN HIM that do not bear fruit are "cut off and burned". There's no returning from the ashes...they're lost for good.

beloved57

iwanna

You people who believe this doctrine seem to have this relentless ability to literally flood a post with scripture that doesn't reconcile with itself to the point where it's overwhelming to some to attempt to point out all that is wrong with it.

Rehearse the points I made in posts 669 and 670 ! Lets see if you understand my points instead of evading them !

beloved57

Christ Death actually saves ! 3

Christ Death actually saves ! 3

However Christ and His Blood and its merits produces much more results and greater effects than that of the Aaronic High Priesthood or that of Levi, the typical Priesthoods. We know this by scriptures like Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Here it is clearly stated one of the effects of the Blood of Christ alone, that it produces converting effects, it brings Salvation by bringing the ones His Blood was shed for into the Spiritual Service of the Living God.

That word serve is the greek word latreuō and means:

to serve for hire

2) to serve, minister to, either to the gods or men and used alike of slaves and freemen

a) in the NT, to render religious service or homage, to worship

b) to perform sacred services, to offer gifts, to worship God in the observance of the rites instituted for his worship

1) of priests, to officiate, to discharge the sacred office

What this means is that by His Blood, as one of its effects, it makes those it was shed for a Kingdom of Priests unto God, like it is stated here Rev 1:5-6

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

This Spiritual Service of Royal Priesthood 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Is being attributed to the sole effect of the Blood of Christ in both Heb 9:14 and Rev 1:5-6 and to include Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Now this is clearly evidence, proof, that Christ's Death alone saves, and converts those He died for. The fact that His Blood does this, it goes without saying that His Blood also produces Faith in them to be able to perform their spiritual service of priesthood ! For they cannot serve the Living God without Faith as it is stated the Blood of Christ effects Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

So understand whats being said here, its clearly being taught by the writer of Heb 9:14 that Christ's Blood produces converting effects, it brings Salvation and brings the people it was shed for into Spiritual Service [latreuō] unto the Living God !

beloved57

Christ Death actually saves ! 4

Christ Death actually saves ! 4

So understand whats being said here, its clearly being taught by the writer of Heb 9:14 that Christ's Blood produces converting effects, it brings Salvation and brings the people it was shed for into Spiritual Service [latreuō] unto the Living God !

Thats what the godly Zachariah meant here Lk 1:67-75

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Notice the word serve here, its the same word the Hebrews writer uses in Heb 9:14, the greek word latreuō:

to serve for hire

2) to serve, minister to, either to the gods or men and used alike of slaves and freemen

a) in the NT, to render religious service or homage, to worship

b) to perform sacred services, to offer gifts, to worship God in the observance of the rites instituted for his worship

1) of priests, to officiate, to discharge the sacred office

It gives deliverance from the hands of our enemies [spiritual], which one such enemy is unbelief Heb 3:12

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Not until then can one embrace the Gospel, because in a undelivered lost state ones mind is blinded by the enemy, the god of this world, that we should believe not 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

And all men without exception are born in a lost state spiritually by nature !

So when one does believe the Gospel, its but an evidence that the saving merits of Christ's death has been applied to that one, in answer to Christ's Intercession for them in the presence of God !

So those [Reconciled ones by the death of Christ while they are being enemies Rom 5:10] shall be [a promise] saved by His Life [resurrection and intercession Rom 8:34] and Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

This scripture Heb 7:25 is the fulfillment of the Promise i n Rom 5:10b

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Because He ever liveth in the presence of God for them making intercession for the application of His Redemptive death for them, that it may deliver them from their enemies that they may serve the Living God !

beloved57

Deny's the Power thereof !

Deny's the Power thereof !

2 Tim 3:5

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

What does this mean ? Paul here is describing the characters of apostate religionists, who hold to a form of godliness, but denies it's Power, particularly the Blood of Christ and its Saving Effects or Power.

How many of us sing this Song:

Would you be free from the burden of
sin?
There's pow'r in the blood, pow'r in the
blood;
Would you o'er evil a victory win?
There's wonderful pow'r in the blood.

####Chorus:

There is pow'r, pow'r,
Wonder-working pow'r
In the blood of the Lamb;
There is pow'r, pow'r,
Wonder-working pow'r
In the precious blood of the Lamb.

Would you be free from your passion
and pride?
blood;
Come for a cleansing to Calvary's tide;

####

Would you be whiter, much whiter than
snow?
blood;
Sin stains are lost in it's life giving flow;

####

Would you do service for Jesus your
King?
blood;
Would you live daily His praises to sing?

Yet I would venture to say that 99.99% of those who faithfully sing this song in their worship services, would deny the power and efficacy of Christ's Blood alone that is actually converts t to God from sin and shame, all those it was shed for !

For Christ's Blood is efficacious in its power to redeem and to convert, for those it was shed for, it redeemed them out of something and into another or something else, for instance it redeems them from a vain conversation [or manner of life] as Per 1 Peter 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

It can read Ye know [spiritual knowing] that ye were redeemed from your vain conversation with the precious blood of the Lamb !

That word from is the greek prep ek:

out of, from, by, away from

You see that ? Peter is stating that the Blood of Christ redeemed them out of a vain manner of Life ! By the Precious Blood of the Lamb, Precious blood to redeem a precious soul Christ died for Ps 49:8

8 (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever)

Redemption is something the Blood performs, not offer or makes available, but performs Lk 1:68-75

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

And it redeems them into something else, into the Service of the Living God Rev 5:9-10

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Notice carefully what is said ! First it is said " Thou hast redeemed us" and then " and made us "

Redeemed and made, both accomplished by the Blood !

Heb 9:14

Notice that the Blood of Christ is totally active here in purging the conscience from [away from] dead works [vain manner of life] and to serve the Living God !

But I am positive that most in religion today deny this Truth of the power of the Blood and teach that millions whom Christ shed His Blood for shall go to hell because of something they did not do ! From such Turn away !

beloved57

The World of 2 Cor 5:19 !

The World of 2 Cor 5:19 !

2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

This World of 2 Cor 5:19 cannot begin to be everyone without exception, simply because this world is being saved by the death of Christ. Thats right, here reconciling means being saved, thats what being saved is all about, being brought out of an state of lostness and alienation from God. Men by nature are lost and alienated from God or the life of God Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

The word alienated here is the greek word apallotrioō:

) to alienate, estrange

2) to be shut out from one's fellowship and intimacy

The lost and alienated are shut out from the Life of God, denoting they have no fellowship with Him, No intimacy.

Now, What God has done, not what He made available, not what He has offered or made possible, But what He accomplished through the Work of Christ, He reversed that alienation, that lostness of His People, and through Christ reconciled them to Himself, resulting in them having a Life of Intimacy and Fellowship with Him.

All those of the World of 2 Cor 5:19, every last member of it, shall be called into the Fellowship of God and His Son the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 1:9

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Jn 1:3

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

In fact, the appeal in 2 Cor 5:20 is nothing less than that Effectual Call to the reconciled, unto Fellowship as per 1 Cor 1:9

2 Cor 5:20

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God

God here through the Apostles s calling the reconciled world to Himself into fellowship. The word beseech here is the greek word parakaleō and means:

to call to one's side, call for, summon

2) to address, speak to, (call to, call upon), which may be done in the way of exhortation, entreaty, comfort, instruction, etc.

Now this word is made of two greek words one of which is kaleō:

to call

a) to call aloud, utter in a loud voice

b) to invite

2) to call i.e. to name, by name

Its the same word used here 1 Cor 1:9

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

The other word is para which means:

from, of at, by, besides, near

So God is calling to Himself, to Call near to Himself into Fellowship and Intimacy those of the World in 2 Cor 5:19.

He can do that because of what Christ's Death has done, no sin now alienates them from Him, their slate is clean, no trespasses are charged against them.

Also, the Apostles here in 2 Cor 5:20 are praying :

to ask, beg

a) the thing asked for

b) to pray, make supplications

In Christ's stead or Representatives, in other words, this is what Christ Himself in Heaven Intercedes for.

This is what was promised that Christ would do as the risen Son Ps 2:7

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

This word ask is the hebrew word sha'al :

to ask, enquire, borrow, beg

So the Apostles are being Christ's Representatives on Earth, carrying out what He himself intercedes for in Heaven at the Right Hand of God. Rom 8:34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Thats what Ps 2:7 points to. He is at the Right Hand of God after being begotten by the Resurrection.

Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Finally, the very scripture tells us that Christ's Death alone reconciled this world, or saved it from alienation here Col 1:21-22

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Thats Salvation, thats being Saved,out of a lost alienated stated into fellowship with God, How ? "In the body of his flesh through death"

So folks the world of 2 Cor 5:19 is a Saved Reconciled World through Jesus Christ. And we know all men without exception are not saved !

beloved57

The World of 2 Cor 5:19 ! cont

The World of 2 Cor 5:19 ! cont

This is a Saved World in 2 Cor 5:19 because its already saved from the penalty of its sins, we know this because they are not charged to them, says so in the verse 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Jesus shall save His People from their sins Matt 1:21 to include first and foremost from the Penalty of them. Its impossible for anyone in this world to die in their sins John 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

No one in this world of 2 Cor 5:19 has any sins to die in ! That includes unbelief, because thats one of the sins not laid to their charge or imputed to them.

The word trespass is the greek word paraptōma and means:

to fall beside or near something

2) a lapse or deviation from truth and uprightness

a) a sin, misdeed

to fall beside a person or thing

2) to slip aside

a) to deviate from the right path, turn aside, wander

b) to error

c) to fall away (from the true faith): from worship of Jehovah

The same word used in Heb 6:6

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Also Heb 4:11

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

So Unbelief is one of the many trespasses not charged to this world. In fact this World is forgiven of all trespasses of which unbelief is part of. Col 2:13

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Now, if unbelief is not included in the all trespasses, then scripture is a lie !

So this World of 2 Cor 5:19 does not have any trespasses charged to it, and has no reason for any of its members to be punished for sin, hence its saved from the penally of all its sins !

beloved57

The World of 2 Cor 5:19 ! cont 3

The World of 2 Cor 5:19 ! cont 3

So, for the World in 2 Cor 5:19, no punishment is due to their sins, their trespasses to include unbelief; So not one of them of that specific world can be in danger of of this Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Because they have no sins die in !

So also this World in 2 Cor 5:19 is a world that has been Justified from all things as indicated here Acts 13:39

And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Meaning Justified from all their sins, which the Law of moses could not do. See Heb 7-9

Justified in Acts 13:39 literally means 'To be declared innocent and absolved from the charges or imputation of sin.

And thats exactly what Paul declares to be the case for the World of 2 Cor 5:19, its an absolved world, declared innocent world, because of Christ.

Its a acquitted world ! God's will not to impute sin, is His will not to punish them for sin, which is a constituent part of Justification Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

And for these same men to be said to have no guile, which all men have by nature. Guile is deceit, an the human heart is described as this Jer 17:9

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

So it is that God views those men whom He does not impute sin unto as in Christ, who had no guile ! 1 Pet 2:22

Who did no sin, neither was guile[craft,deceit] found in his mouth:

Thats how God views the citizens of that World in 2 Cor 5:19 ! Its a Justified, declared Righteous World, free from sin in God's Sight !

beloved57

Jn 3:21 Faith and Repentance are Works !

Jn 3:21 Faith and Repentance are Works !

Jn 3:21

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds[works] may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

That Faith and Repentance are works of men is seen clearly by this scripture. Doing what is right or true here is coming to the Light, which is coming to Jesus, who said once Jn 12:36

While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Also He said Jn 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jn 9:5

As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Now the word cometh in Jn 3:21 is the greek word erchomai and means:

I come, go.

The word is used here in Jn 6:45

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

This denotes to commit oneself to the instruction of Jesus and enter into fellowship with him.

Its the word Jesus uses here Jn 5:40

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

In these scriptures clearly coming to Christ is equivalent to believing on Him for Salvation, obeying His Voice.

However John writes in Jn 3:21 that when one does come, that it makes evident that their deeds [in coming] have been wrought in God; In other words, their deeds or works that have been wrought or produced of God are Faith and Repentance, but its their deeds they do. When they are wrought or produced in us by the Spirit of God, they are works of righteousness done by us like here Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:5 can very well read: Not because of our God given Faith and Repentance which we have done [by coming], but purely by the mercy of New Birth /Regeneration He saved us.

You see man has no part in his New Birth, he is totally passive therein, just as he was in his natural birth.

So those who insist that God saved them BECAUSE they believed, repented, came to Christ [Jn 5:40], or called on His Name, or received a gift offered, and on and on, then you believe you were saved because of your works of righteousness, or your well doing, or good works you have done, and thats a false salvation, a salvation by works which the scripture denies and does not teach, for Salvation is by Grace through Faith, NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast or even have an opportunity to boast !

beloved57

The Gift is given not offered !

The Gift is given not offered !

Jn 6:33

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The Gift of God is Eternal Life is a Gift that is given, through Jesus Christ Our Lord.

The meaning is that Eternal Life through Christ or in Christ is given to all those for whom He died and satisfied both God's Law and Justice, and now its as though they have never sinned, and since its like that, they are given a new life, eternal life in fact, as a Gift. The word Gift is the greek word didómi and means to:

I offer, give; I put, place.

Now understand something, its not a Gift that God offers people for acceptance or rejection, but its a Gift that is applied to or given to People, which is a difference. First of all something merely offered to someone is not giving them a Gift, but an offer, its not yours until you take it into your possession, however the Gift of Eternal Life does not require its recipient to take it as an offer, but it is actually given them by a New Birth, hence they receive it that way as a Gift, the Gift is Eternal Life, A New Generation from above, or as Christ says in Jn 6:33, its life being given to the World, and its life by a New Generation.

For example, mans physical life is given to him by God as a Gift, yes physical life and its enjoyment is the Gift of God Ecc 5:18

Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion.

Job 10:12

Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.

John Gill writes on this verse out of Job:

Thou hast granted me life and favour,.... Or "lives" (q); natural life; both in the womb, where and when he was quickened, and at his birth, when he was brought into the world, and began to live in it; the rational soul may be intended, by which he lived; which, when created and infused into man, and united to his body, he becomes a living man; it is the presence of that which causes life, and the absence or removal of that which causes death; and this is a "grant" or gift from God, who gives to all his creatures life and breath, and all things; see Job 33:4; and is a "favour" also; a mercy, the chief of mercies; it is more than meat; yea, all a man has he will give for his life: besides this, Job had a spiritual life, a principle of it implanted in him; God had quickened him when dead in trespasses and sins; the spirit of life from Christ had entered into him, and he was become a living spiritual man: this likewise was a "grant" from God, a free grace gift of his; it is he that gives the living water, and gives it freely, or it would not be grace; for it is a "favour" which flows from the free grace and good will of God; it is owing to the great love wherewith he loves men that he quickens them; his time is a time of love, and so of life; and eternal life is the consequent of this, and is inseparably connected with it; and Job had an interest in it, a right unto it, and a meetness for it; he bad knowledge of it, faith in it, and hope of enjoying it, and knew that after death he should live this life; see Job 19:26; and this is a gift of God through Christ, owing to his good pleasure, the fruit of his favour and loving kindness: though by "favour" may be meant something distinct from life; either the care of him in the womb, and the taking of him out from thence, which are sometimes observed as singular mercies and favours; see Psalm 22:9; or the beauty and comeliness of his body, such as was on Moses, David, and others; see Proverbs 31:30; or rather it intends in general all the temporal blessings of life, food and raiment, every thing necessary for the comfort and support of life; and which are all mercies and favours, and what men are undeserving of; and especially spiritual blessings, or the blessings of grace; and the word here used is often used for grace and mercy, and may signify the several graces of the Spirit bestowed in regeneration, as faith, hope, love, &c. which are all the gifts of God, and the effects of his favour and good will; as also the blessings of, justifying, pardoning, and adopting grace; all which Job was favoured with, as well as with supplies of grace from time to time, and the fresh discoveries of the favour and loving kindness of God to him, which is better than life:

The Point being, Our Natural Lives God Granted or Gave us by Natural Generation, and it was not something merely offered to us or made available.