Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

beloved57

Christ came to seek and save that which was lost Luke 19:10.

However, Christ being God is also the Spirit; hence the Spirit of Christ Rom. 8:9.

~~~~~
Either would be appropriate, but I would say it is the Spirit in Christ name. The first parable would fit Christ as the seeking Shepherd and the last one the Father.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

beloved57

What is this breastplate of Righteousness ?

Eph 6:14

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Lets remember whom Paul is writing to. Its the Chosen ones in Christ the Beloved Eph 1:3-4

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

And God hath made Him to be unto us Righteousness 1 Cor 1:30

3But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Christ's Obedience to the Law is our Righteousness Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

This is the saints breastplate of Righteousness. They walk in the Gospel Knowledge of this, that they have Righteousness in the Lord, as it is written Isa 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

This is the elects heritage. That word heritage means: possession, property, inheritance

Remember the saints in Eph 1 are said to have an inheritance obtained Eph 1:11

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Part of that inheritance they obtained in Him whom they had been chosen Vs 4 is their righteousness being of the Lord Isa 54:17 !

This is the breastplate of Righteousness for the saints.

The word heritage in Isa 54:17 also means Gift as the nasb translates it here Ps 127:3

Behold, children are a gift of the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.

So the Righteousness the saints have as an inheritance is a free gift Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift [of righteousness] came upon all men unto justification of life.

Now its a free gift because its imputed freely to us because of Christ's Obedience !

beloved57

This breastplate of Righteousness is also Salvation !

This free gift of Righteousness as ones heritage from the Lord is also their Salvation !

Prov 11:4

Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.

There's no second death in store for them Christ makes Righteous. It is written of some Rev 20:13-14

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death

None for whom Christ died can be of this number !

Because by His obedience unto death for them, they inherit righteousness Rom 5:19 and this Righteousness becomes their robe and garment of Salvation Isa 61:10

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

The garments of salvation and the robe of righteousness are one and the same. Righteousness equals Salvation !

Salvation from the wrath to come 1 Thess 1:10

And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
Because through Him we have been appointed to Salvation 1 Thess 1:9

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

That word obtain peripoiésis means:

acquiring, obtaining, possessing, possession, ownership.

Its the same idea as when its said that righteousness is an heritage Isa 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Which word means:

possession, property, inheritance

So those whom Christ's obedience made Righteous Rom 5:19, they are automatically saved from the wrath to come which is Salvation 1 Thess 5:9

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

1 Thess 1:10

And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

How did He deliver them ? By His Obedience Rom 5:19 !

beloved57

For God to condemn anyone Christ died for is to be unjust !

However God cannot and will not condemn the Just because its against His Divine standard of Righteousness so much so its written here Prov 17:15

He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the Lord.

Its an abomination to the Lord to do that !

But yet all for whom Christ died are made Just. Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now by His Obedience, meaning His obedience unto death Phil 2:8, many are made righteous. That word righteous is the greek word , the adjectivedikaios which means: Just 33 times in the NT

So in essence Rom 5:19 can read Rom 5:19

1For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made Just.

Now if they are made Just solely by the obedience of one, it would be an abomination for them to be under condemnation by God as these are Jn 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

These unbelievers who are condemned already cannot possibly be anyone Christ died for and made Just ! If they are, God is Unjust and committing an abomination, He would be sinning against His own standard of Righteousness which is Prov 17:15

He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the Lord.

Yet this is exactly what false teachers are guilty of who teach that Christ died for all without exception, to include them that are condemned in unbelief !

beloved57

Returning to God !

Returning to God, which is an aspect of repentance, is premised upon having been redeemed by Christ, and having had
by Christ's blood our sins/transgressions blotted out as a thick cloud Isa 44:22

I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions,
and, as a cloud, thy sins:
return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

The redemption in and through Christ's Blood brings forgiveness Eph 1:7

7 in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Also the NT fulfillment of Isa 44:22 is found here Col 2:13-14

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Remember God is speaking to His Elect in Isa 44:22 as well as in Col 2:12-13 ; Col 3:12

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13 forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Nanja

Returning to God !

Returning to God, which is an aspect of repentance, is premised upon having been redeemed by Christ, and having had
by Christ's blood our sins/transgressions blotted out as a thick cloud
Isa 44:22

I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions,
and, as a cloud, thy sins:
return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

The redemption in and through Christ's Blood brings forgiveness Eph 1:7

7 in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Also the NT fulfillment of Isa 44:22 is found here Col 2:13-14

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Remember God is speaking to His Elect in Isa 44:22 as well as in Col 2:12-13 ; Col 3:12

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13 forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Returning to God is the same as being reconciled (katallassō) to God. And it's certainly not attainable by a person's own freewill choice. But reconciliation was accomplished solely by Christ's Blood / Death exclusively in behalf of His Elect World.

2 Cor. 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Rom. 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

The Elect of God were always in a state of being in Favor with Him, even while they were enemies, so they never were under God's wrath at all Rom. 8:1, even from Everlasting, for their sins were imputed to their Surety Head instead Heb. 7:22, 13:20; Is. 53:6: Made Righteous / Justified in Christ 2 Cor. 5:21; and so very Blessed Rom. 4:8! :)

~~~~~

beloved57

Returning to God is the same as being reconciled (katallassō) to God. And it's certainly not attainable by a person's own freewill choice. But reconciliation was accomplished solely by Christ's Blood / Death exclusively in behalf of His Elect World.

2 Cor. 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Rom. 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

The Elect of God were always in a state of being in Favor with Him, even while they were enemies, so they never were under God's wrath at all Rom. 8:1, even from Everlasting, for their sins were imputed to their Surety Head instead Heb. 7:22, 13:20; Is. 53:6: Made Righteous / Justified in Christ 2 Cor. 5:21; and so very Blessed Rom. 4:8! :)

~~~~~
Absolutely. And false religion teaches that forgiveness is conditioned on repentance, whereas repentance is conditioned on already having been forgiven for all transgressions.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Nanja

Absolutely. And false religion teaches that forgiveness is conditioned on repentance, whereas repentance is conditioned on already having been forgiven for all transgressions.

They do!

But, the scriptures show that Forgiveness of sins was Given by God John 3:27 exclusively to His Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-7; 2 Tim. 1:9, the Chosen Seed Is. 45:17 before the foundation of the world Acts 5:31, jew or Gentile Acts. 11:18.

Yet false religion always incorporates some action they do to cooperate in the salvation process, such as performing their own repentance / faith, etc. while in the flesh in a futile attempt Rom. 8:8 to make themselves right with God, which is idolatry!

~~~~~

beloved57

They do!

But, the scriptures show that Forgiveness of sins was Given by God John 3:27 exclusively to His Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-7; 2 Tim. 1:9, the Chosen Seed Is. 45:17 before the foundation of the world Acts 5:31, jew or Gentile Acts. 11:18.

Yet false religion always incorporates some action they do to cooperate in the salvation process, such as performing their own repentance / faith, etc. while in the flesh in a futile attempt Rom. 8:8 to make themselves right with God, which is idolatry!

~~~~~
Amen!

Epoisses

Human beings are created in the image of God therefore we do have some form of free will. To eliminate free will like heretical determinists changes humans into robots who are downloaded with the save program or deleted with the hell programming. Your doctrine makes God into Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.

beloved57

Human beings are created in the image of God therefore we do have some form of free will. To eliminate free will like heretical determinists changes humans into robots who are downloaded with the save program or deleted with the hell programming. Your doctrine makes God into Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.
Rabbit trail comment

Nanja

Mankind has not been give a freewill to do as he chooses.

On the contrary, scripture declares that God does with mankind as He Chooses, according to HIS WILL!

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

~~~~~

beloved57

On the contrary, scripture declares that God does with mankind as He Chooses, according to HIS WILL!

And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

~~~~~
Amen Sister!

Epoisses

~~~~~

False. Calvinists do not come to Christ but to the false prophet.

And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. John 5:40