Free Will

dodge

Free will is a vain thing:

"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?" Psalm 2:1

Imagine a vain thing; what they shall never be able to effect; and if they could, it would do them no good, as they fancy, but great hurt. (MP)

It is not a wise thing to contradict Jesus and what He taught.

Luk 13:34
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Calvinist are accused of being prideful, because of our views on election, Arminians, the truth of the matter is your views on prevenient grace leaves room for boasting. As a Calvinist I can safely say our view is "Who maketh thee to differ from another" (1st Cor 4:7). For us there is only one answer a Sovereign God in the plenitude of his amazing grace. The realization of this humbles us into the dust. It was God's mercy that sought us out when we were " Without CHRIST ". It*was God's Sovereign love which quickened us into newness of life when we were dead in trespasses and sins. So you see Arminians we Calvinist according to our view on election have NO ROOM nor cause for boasting and no ground for self complacency. Rather must we walk softly and penitently before him who has saved us from ourselves......... Can you say the same no, when you say God gave you a choice instead of making you willing in the day of his POWER (Psa 110:3), you left yourself room for a pat on the back...........Calvinism the truth!!!!

dodge

Calvinist are accused of being prideful, because of our views on election, Arminians, the truth of the matter is your views on prevenient grace leaves room for boasting. As a Calvinist I can safely say our view is "Who maketh thee to differ from another" (1st Cor 4:7). For us there is only one answer a Sovereign God in the plenitude of his amazing grace. The realization of this humbles us into the dust. It was God's mercy that sought us out when we were " Without CHRIST ". It*was God's Sovereign love which quickened us into newness of life when we were dead in trespasses and sins. So you see Arminians we Calvinist according to our view on election have NO ROOM nor cause for boasting and no ground for self complacency. Rather must we walk softly and penitently before him who has saved us from ourselves......... Can you say the same no, when you say God gave you a choice instead of making you willing in the day of his POWER (Psa 110:3), you left yourself room for a pat on the back...........Calvinism the truth!!!!

I will stay with what Jesus taught and HE taught you are wrong.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

QUIT TEASING ME !

Epoisses

The big mouth of the old covenant promise-keeper boldly proclaims his righteousness. The only will you have is the ability to sin over and over again. Jesus taught faith and love not the worthless works righteousness of the Dispy Arminian pretenders. "All that the Lord has spoken we will do and be obedient" - the battle cry of all legalists of every age and every generation.

dodge

The big mouth of the old covenant promise-keeper boldly proclaims his righteousness. The only will you have is the ability to sin over and over again. Jesus taught faith and love not the worthless works righteousness of the Dispy Arminian pretenders. "All that the Lord has spoken we will do and be obedient" - the battle cry of all legalists of every age and every generation.

The big mouths make accusations and assumptions that are patently false that they cannot back up with scripture as you are doing.

You cannot find ONE post where I have ever claimed I am righteous NOT ONE.

I see when you cannot refute scripture the attack goes personal. You are nothing more than a troll for LIES.

Jesus' teachings says YOU are a liar and have no clue. You might want to notice that Jesus said He wanted to draw Israel to Himself and "THEY WOULD NOT" hmmm looks like they made their choice even if you reject the truth it changes nothing.

Truster

It is not a wise thing to contradict Jesus and what He taught.

They "would not" because the Father did not call them.

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day".

dodge

They "would not" because the Father did not call them.

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day".

Scripture is clear Jesus taught they WOULD NOT come to Him even though HE wanted them to.

Truster

Scripture is clear Jesus taught they WOULD NOT come to Him even though HE wanted them to.

The scripture is clear. They could not come, because the Father did not draw them:

beloved57

Does it say anywhere in that scripture that man has a freewill ?

God's Truth

The scripture is clear. They could not come, because the Father did not draw them:

God did NOT draw the CUT OFF JEWS WHILE Jesus was on earth because God wanted only those who already belonged to Him to be saved!!!

When Jesus was lifted up then all can come to him, even the Jews who were cut off as long as they do not persist in unbelief!!!

Truster

God did NOT draw the CUT OFF JEWS WHILE Jesus was on earth because God wanted only those who already belonged to Him to be saved!!!

When Jesus was lifted up then all can come to him, even the Jews who were cut off as long as they do not persist in unbelief!!!

You really are enjoying the broad way...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

*Jesus answered and said, “This voice did not come because of Me, but for your sake. *Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. *And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” *This He said, signifying by what death He would die. - John 12:30-33 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John12:30-33&version=NKJV

Does it say anywhere in that scripture that man has a freewill ?

Yes, but you've put me on ignore, because you don't want to hear the verses from the Bible that say it.

Psalm 54:6 and Psalm 119:108. Maybe someone else can share these verses with you. Any takers?

Truster

*Jesus answered and said, “This voice did not come because of Me, but for your sake. *Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. *And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” *This He said, signifying by what death He would die. - John 12:30-33 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John12:30-33&version=NKJV

Yes, but you've put me on ignore, because you don't to hear the verses from the Bible that say it.

Psalm 54:6 and Psalm 119:108. Maybe someone else can share these verses with you. Any takers?

I'm putting you on ignore as well. Because there is nothing that you have to say that I want to hear. And because there is nothing I say that you can hear.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm putting you on ignore as well. Because there is nothing that you have to say that I want to hear. And because there is nothing I say that you can hear.

Good. Close your heart to God and His word like a good little Calvinist.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Some verses for you...

*Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge,But he who hates correction is stupid.*The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,But he who heeds counsel is wise.*A fool’s wrath is known at once,But a prudent man covers shame.*He who speaks truth declares righteousness,But a false witness, deceit. - Proverbs 12:1,15-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs12:1,15-17&version=NKJV

*A wise son heeds his father’s instruction,But a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.*He who despises the word will be destroyed,But he who fears the commandment will be rewarded.*Every prudent man acts with knowledge,But a fool lays open his folly.*He who spares his rod hates his son,But he who loves him disciplines him promptly. - Proverbs 13:1,13,16,24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs13:1,13,16,24&version=NKJV

*In the mouth of a fool is a rod of pride,But the lips of the wise will preserve them.*A faithful witness does not lie,But a false witness will utter lies.*A scoffer seeks wisdom and does not find it,But knowledge is easy to him who understands.*Go from the presence of a foolish man,When you do not perceive in him the lips of knowledge.*The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way,But the folly of fools is deceit.*A wise man fears and departs from evil,But a fool rages and is self-confident.*The crown of the wise is their riches,But the foolishness of fools is folly.*A true witness delivers souls,But a deceitful witness speaks lies. - Proverbs 14:3,5-8,16,24-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs14:3,5-8,16,24-25&version=NKJV

*The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly,But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness.*A fool despises his father’s instruction,But he who receives correction is prudent.*The lips of the wise disperse knowledge,But the heart of the fool does not do so.*A scoffer does not love one who corrects him,Nor will he go to the wise.*The heart of him who has understanding seeks knowledge,But the mouth of fools feeds on foolishness.*He who disdains instruction despises his own soul,But he who heeds rebuke gets understanding. - Proverbs 15:2,5,7,12,14,32 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs15:2,5,7,12,14,32&version=NKJV

dodge

That is NOT what Jesus said in:

Truster

That is NOT what Jesus said in:

But He said that in Luke, because the Father had not allowed them to come.

dodge

But He said that in Luke, because the Father had not allowed them to come.

What difference does it make where Jesus said it ? That does not change the truth of what Jesus said right ?

Jesus said HE would have had they come to Him and they would not ! NO matter how, when ,or where you place Jesus' statement it is still what happened and is the truth.

Jesus never said the Father would not allow them re-read what Jesus said he said," and YOU would not".

Truster

What difference does it make where Jesus said it ? That does not change the truth of what Jesus said right ?

Jesus said HE would have had they come to Him and they would not ! NO matter how, when ,or where you place Jesus' statement it is still what happened and is the truth.

The call to mankind is this: And the times of this ignorance Elohim winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

All men are required to repent, but none can unless granted repentance. Jerusalem could not repent and come, because they had not been granted repentance.