Free Will

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

Joshua 24:15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

2 Samuel 24:12 “Go and tell David, ‘Thus says the Lord: “I offer you three things; choose one of them for yourself, that I may do it to you.”’”

Proverbs 1:28“Then they will call on me, but I will not answer;
They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.
29 Because they hated knowledge
And did not choose the fear of the Lord,
30 They would have none of my counsel
And despised my every rebuke.

Proverbs 3:31 Do not envy the oppressor, And choose none of his ways;

Proverbs 12:26 The righteous should choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray.

Isaiah 7:15 Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good.

That's what I found in about 10 minutes. It will not move you one inch.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Beloved57s actual response to verses like the ones you posted:

giphy.gif

And then the inevitable;

"I see nothing about free will in that."

clefty

Satan didn't give Eve anything! The question doesn't even make any sense.

The whole episode of Adam and Eve being tempted makes no sense unless they had the ability to make their own decisions. God having put the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil in the Garden in the first place makes no sense unless Adam and Eve we capable of eating from it if they chose. Otherwise, neither it's existence nor any command to not eat of it would have been necessary.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Not only were they given the capacity to make their own choice and decision but also their own laws and lies

Eve said Yah said not to even touch the fruit...that was a lie...they were told they could not eat the fruit...

Sadly Man has continued to alter the rules and make up their own ever since...

Eagles Wings

Like I said...

Nang 3:16
I completely agree with her statement. You seem to be a clever person, with some whit. The constant sarcasm and put downs of Nang, keep me from taking you seriously. I have many on ignore for this very reason.

Recently someone called me a liar and did not truly want to consider my position. I have a good boundary for people like that and it is the ignore button.

I find that when an anti-Calvinist asks a question, it is usually not sincere. Your mind is already made up and now the goal is to smear the theology.

I prefer a well organized youtube debate where the subjects are required to be respectful.

So, I don't spend much time here defending Reformed Theology.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I just quoted a scripture and you ran from it. Jn 6:44!

I could easily see how the context of predestination could be drawn from this. I would be more likely to apply this to irresistible grace.

Your assertion is that in "draw" and "no one", it is implying that God only called the saved. But how do you explain that all humanity is born with a sense of God in their heart? Eccles. 3:11

Doesn't this again denote that He draws all, but some simply reject that draw?

If he desires that 2 Pet. 3:9 all should have eternal life, why would he merely call "some". Wouldn't this be a contradiction of the will of God?

beloved57

I could easily see how the context of predestination could be drawn from this. I would be more likely to apply this to irresistible grace.

Your assertion is that in "draw" and "no one", it is implying that God only called the saved. But how do you explain that all humanity is born with a sense of God in their heart? Eccles. 3:11

Doesn't this again denote that He draws all, but some simply reject that draw?

If he desires that 2 Pet. 3:9 all should have eternal life, why would he merely call "some". Wouldn't this be a contradiction of the will of God?

Man by his own freewill can't come to Christ! Jn 6:44

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I completely agree with her statement. You seem to be a clever person, with some whit. The constant sarcasm and put downs of Nang, keep me from taking you seriously. I have many on ignore for this very reason.

Recently someone called me a liar and did not truly want to consider my position. I have a good boundary for people like that and it is the ignore button.

I find that when an anti-Calvinist asks a question, it is usually not sincere. Your mind is already made up and now the goal is to smear the theology.

I prefer a well organized youtube debate where the subjects are required to be respectful.

So, I don't spend much time here defending Reformed Theology.

Eagles Wings,

I step from my veil of whit. Nang is harsh with people and so I communicate in a way that they clearly understand.

If you write me off, I understand. I genuinely have no ill words or sarcasm for you.

God bless you Eagles Wings

Jamie Gigliotti

Man doesn't have a freewill, he can't come to Christ unless the Father draws him Jn 6:44. Now why can't men by their own freewill just choose to come to Christ? Because he CAN'T!

If it was not possible to resist the Holy Spirit, why did Paul warn against it.

Of course God draws us, but it is an interactive experience. As James said, "draw near to God and God will draw near to you"; Jesus said seek and you will find.

The problem is the reformation was so afraid of works salvation that they have gone off the deep end. Choosing to repent, trust God isnt an act of pride or power its the choice to need God, His love, His power, His fellowship. True Humility is chosen and demanded by God.