Free Will

beloved57

As can you :) - we are each sharing our 'understanding', 'knowledge' or 'insight' presently possessed, articulating such as we know how. I continue to share my perspectives which I feel are touching on important points regarding 'free will', its implications, extensions and import. I'm also open to reconsider my viewpoints and have them 'modified' or 'adjusted' if better understanding or knowledge is forthcoming, are you? - this includes both intellectual and spiritual understanding, wisdom and foresight. - knowledge and revelation is progressive, unless you already have complete and absolute knowledge of anything, and at present the only Being that has such, is 'God' ;)

Again,...we are merely comparing one's understanding of 'God' with another understanding :sherlock: - if we are students of truth, we are ever available to become 'learned' on any given subject, open to continuous revelation.

This passage used as a 'polemic' device here does not pertain to the subject at hand, but is a general description from Paul on religious life in Christ in general. Our specific topic concerning 'free will' is more complex, despite your favor of using Paul's writings to support your particular 'theology' ;) Elsewhwere as we have seen, the Orthodox Jewish position does not so much favor your particularities, much less the concept of 'original sin' which is played by Christian theologians to emphasize their assumed need of being 'redeemed' therefrom. It might be more profitable for discussion sake to address your own particular understanding and definition of 'free will', and here I use this term general to refer to 'freedom of choice'. While the term 'free will' can have its confused connotations, its popular nuance here will suffice to use in our dialogue. Obviously 'free will' while indicating a measure or degree of actual 'freedom of choice' in any given event, also includes the consideration that such 'liberties' are naturally limited or constrained within any given situational-context where different influences may pertain. Debate usually is on the particular points of actual freedom, factors that influence choice and how these relate to divine decree or providence.

To reiterate, are you assuming the 'double predestination' view that souls are pre-ordained by a decree at some point in eternity past, to be either 'saved' or 'unsaved', and that there is nothing whatsoever a soul can do to choose against what was predestined or pre-ordained by decree at that point in eternity past? (in this case to either 'salvation' or 'damnation')? If so this violates the essential proposition of God's very nature as Love, and his will that all be saved, giving the opportunity of salvation and eternal life for all who so would choose to respond to Love's call. The very assumption of what Calvinists refer to as 'Preterition' (the passing over sinner's left to their own devices, iniquity and damnation, to run its own course with no saving grace given, being 'ommitted'(being passed over) not included in his divine will).... discounts and impugns the very character of Deity. This 'version' of 'God' is selfish, arbitrary, egotistical, partial, divided and self-aggrandizing. Such a 'belief' is repugnant to reason, insane to logic, and diametrically opposed to Love. It is further unreasonable or absurd to believe that this 'God' actually CHOOSES to damn thousands of souls to hellfire, to somehow make his love or greatness...more glorious! This is the epitome of retarded logic, to say nothing of religious insanity. - and that's just for starters.....

RC Sproul attempts to show a more refined Reformed Theology position here, separating it from 'hyper-calvinism', as if to present it as more 'sanitized' or justified,....since the softer Reformed position does all it can not to lay the cause of man's damnation on God himself. Unfortunately,....by 'Preterition', God is passing by thousands of souls, not choosing to save them, withdrawing his grace from them. Just letting them DIE, allowing them to perish, not extending one iota of help or relief (totally abandoning them). This is the case, no matter what 'version' of 'Calvinism' or 'Reformed Theology' you espouse. If any contest this, feel free to expound. It was noted earlier by AMR that his brand of Calvinism differs from the more 'hyper' or 'heretical' form of Calvinism espoused by b57 and Nanja. Whether you 'hyper' season the stew, or just 'soft boil' it in the Calvinist kitchen,....by 'Preterition'...God is 'passing over'(abandoning) thousands of souls, choosing not to save them, when in His omnipotence....He COULD extend to them the grace to be saved, at least the opportunity. Even this he refuses. The nature and character of such a 'God' speaks for itself. - and a scary, heartless, monster of a 'god' is what you have.

Now show me a scripture that says man has a freewill. Man can't come to Christ without being drawn by the Father Jn 6:44

Nanja

So you essentially believe God is talking through you right now?

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

I believe that all man's words are predestined.

God's Will is Sovereign over all people.

Prov. 16:1
The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

popsthebuilder

You are deceived.

God's Word is clear that there's no such thing as freewill of man!

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

If you can't see that you are not of God!

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
Silly thing....Who said I deny the will of GOD or its force upon GOD's creation?

Now please justify how you can conceive to know that it isn't GOD's will for us to have freedom of choice

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

You will see how serious I am in the day of Judgment!
I wouldn't be too worried if I where you though since you admit to actually being make a fool by others. Your ignorance will not be weighed against you, and your misdirextion, being the result of the deception of another, will prove heavy for them, and hopefully not you. May the mercy and direction of GOD be shown to us all by GOD's time and choosing and our turning towards and walking along that way lain out by the Christ of GOD.

Peace

popsthebuilder

You better hope God saves u before that day!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
Hope is little compared to faith and blessed obidience but frankly and honestly, I don't seek out and strive to abide by the will of GOD for any attainment, here in the sight of man, or in the hereafter. That would be greed and I know greed and pride to be the sources of evil, and the words of the Christ reiterate it.

God's Truth

Hope is little compared to faith and blessed obidience but frankly and honestly, I don't seek out and strive to abide by the will of GOD for any attainment, here in the sight of man, or in the hereafter. That would be greed and I know greed and pride to be the sources of evil, and the words of the Christ reiterate it.

It is never ever wrong to obey Jesus.

There is not a right way and a wrong way to obey.

beloved57

Like I said, you better hope God saves u before that day t

popsthebuilder

See you then!

We may not be able to see one another friend.

By the way I believe in what I think is called annihilationism of sorts.

Regardless, I hope you return to GOD; the source and creator of all life and existence. I would even be willing to not attain such that you might. Think of the edification, peace, and unity that would flourish if we actually followed the teachings of the Christ as opposed to insinuating that, in your righteous opinion, another is damned to hellfire.

Don't worry. I don't actually expect you to understand a lick of what I'm saying.

Just so you know; I wouldn't mind being wrong in this particular case

peace

beloved57

We may not be able to see one another friend.

By the way I believe in what I think is called annihilationism of sorts.

Regardless, I hope you return to GOD; the source and creator of all life and existence. I would even be willing to not attain such that you might. Think of the edification, peace, and unity that would flourish if we actually followed the teachings of the Christ as opposed to insinuating that, in your righteous opinion, another is damned to hellfire.

Don't worry. I don't actually expect you to understand a lick of what I'm saying.

Just so you know; I wouldn't mind being wrong in this particular case

peace

I don't care what you believe, I know you don't believe in the God and Christ i believe in, so I will see you at the judgment!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Freedom of CHOICE is given by Love.........

Freedom of CHOICE is given by Love.........

Now show me a scripture that says man has a freewill. Man can't come to Christ without being drawn by the Father Jn 6:44

I've responded to a good number of your "show me the scripture" responses, and I think many of the points there, many particulars deserve consideration, if not a more expanded discussion :) I will let my last post here (The 'God' who passes you over) speak for itself, and my previous ones here and elsewhere also speak for themselves. Posts serve as their own testimonies. Heed the logos of the Spirit. You're free to engage the content of my previous posts to foster a discussion, instead of ask for 'scriptures', many which have been given which you have not responded to. These clearly show that 'God' gives man the freedom to CHOOSE. - And consider the very character of 'God' to actually gives us such freedom, showing the valued potential of our being, and all that we can become, by its rightful use. (and that's the key).

We've also already been over the 'response-ability' of man, that is God-given,...wherein a soul may respond in any given number of ways to a particular situation, choosing among various options. That man has any genuine measure of freedom, is that which actually makes him responsible! - and able to engage in a 'covenantal relationship' (partnership) with 'God' or any other personality, is predicated upon our very freedom to do so, and enter into community, covenant,...a co-operation. This freedom to choose, is essential to one's very existence, and the very co-creative venture of power that enables the God-Man partnership in Creation, to continue, evolve, progress, unfold, become perfected/expanded,...and this goes on forever, into the ages, into eternity. In 'God', there is no end. This potentialized response-ability and creativity in the Spirit, is infinite in scope and possibilities. This is because Love itself is INFINITE.....and therefore the co-creatve potentials and possibilities with-in LOVE have no end....only endless cycles and dispensations, being the generations of 'God'. The Spirit is LIFE, this is what is engaged in 'co-creation'. The very operation of will, engaging the freedom to choose, ENABLES all the potentials and possibilities of Creation TO BE. Once you 'assume' man's has no freedom, you quench the very prospect of life and shut down the protocols of ventured creation. You essentially annul and disavow the very will of God!

beloved57

I've responded to a good number of your "show me the scripture" responses, and I think many of the points there, many particulars deserve consideration, if not a more expanded discussion :) I will let my last post here (The 'God' who passes you over) speak for itself, and my previous ones here and elsewhere also speak for themselves. Posts serve as their own testimonies. Heed the logos of the Spirit. You're free to engage the content of my previous posts to foster a discussion, instead of ask for 'scriptures', many which have been given which you have not responded to. These clearly show that 'God' gives man the freedom to CHOOSE. - And consider the very character of 'God' to actually gives us such freedom, showing the valued potential of our being, and all that we can become, by its rightful use. (and that's the key).

We've also already been over the 'response-ability' of man, that is God-given,...wherein a soul may respond in any given number of ways to a particular situation, choosing among various options. That man has any genuine measure of freedom, is that which actually makes him responsible! - and able to engage in a 'covenantal relationship' (partnership) with 'God' or any other personality, is predicated upon our very freedom to do so, and enter into community, covenant,...a co-operation. This freedom to choose, is essential to one's very existence, and the very co-creative venture of power that enables the God-Man partnership in Creation, to continue, evolve, progress, unfold, become perfected/expanded,...and this goes on forever, into the ages, into eternity. In 'God', there is no end. This potentialized response-ability and creativity in the Spirit, is infinite in scope and possibilities. This is because Love itself is INFINITE.....and therefore the co-creatve potentials and possibilities with-in LOVE have no end....only endless cycles and dispensations, being the generations of 'God'. The Spirit is LIFE, this is what is engaged in 'co-creation'. The very operation of will, engaging the freedom to choose, ENABLES all the potentials and possibilities of Creation TO BE. Once you 'assume' man's has no freedom, you quench the very prospect of life and shut down the protocols of ventured creation. You essentially annul and disavow the very will of God!

Ok good .Now show me a scripture that says man has a freewill! Men in the flesh cant please God Rom 8:8

Nanja

Silly thing....Who said I deny the will of GOD or its force upon GOD's creation?

Now please justify how you can conceive to know that it isn't GOD's will for us to have freedom of choice

There is no scripture that says man has a freewill.

God does all things according to His Will Dan. 4:35; Eph. 1:11.

Whatever God wants to do, He does!

Job 23:13-14
But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

popsthebuilder

I don't care what you believe, I know you don't believe in the God and Christ i believe in, so I will see you at the judgment!

Wow...Lack of reading comprehension much?

What I was saying is that according to the traditional interpretations of man; heaven and hell are separated by a vast expanse. That is why I said we may not see one another.

And if you think you will go to heaven with spite in your soul and the want of the twisted pleasure of watching someone else burn for eternity then you might actually see me in hell.

Wake up friend. I'm not your enemy, You are.

I'm done talking to you. I donot wish to contend for no good reason and am not too excited about arguing with a .... you

Consider yourself the winner or whatever, I'm done with you for now.

Sincerely, peace

popsthebuilder

There is no scripture that says man has a freewill.

God does all things according to His Will Dan. 4:35; Eph. 1:11.

Whatever God wants to do, He does!

Job 23:13-14
But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.
Again; why assume that it is God's will for us to not have freedom of choice? What scripture says that God didn't give us freedom to choose?

Please show the scripture that says it is the will of God for man to act like plant in terms of freedom.

beloved57

Wow...Lack of reading comprehension much?

What I was saying is that according to the traditional interpretations of man; heaven and hell are separated by a vast expanse. That is why I said we may not see one another.

And if you think you will go to heaven with spite in your soul and the want of the twisted pleasure of watching someone else burn for eternity then you might actually see me in hell.

Wake up friend. I'm not your enemy, You are.

I'm done talking to you. I donot wish to contend for no good reason and am not too excited about arguing with a .... you

Consider yourself the winner or whatever, I'm done with you for now.

Sincerely, peace

Look, I don't care about that. See you at the judgment!