Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Steko, glorydaze, and Tambora go against me for saying repent means to repent of SINS.
Scripture goes against your made up definition of "repented".

If you have repented, it means you are no longer sinning.

Jeremiah 18:10 KJV
(10) If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

Exodus 32:14 KJV
(14) And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

GT's teaching - repented means stopped sinning.
GT's teaching - GOD stopped sinning.

What a mess!

God's Truth

Scripture goes against your made up definition of "repented".

Jeremiah 18:10 KJV
(10) If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

Exodus 32:14 KJV
(14) And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

GT's teaching - repented means stopped sinning.
GT's teaching - GOD stopped sinning.

What a mess!

You are not telling the truth.

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent,forgive them.

Luke 17:4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land wherethey are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Revelation 2:5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

Truster

You are not telling the truth.

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent,forgive them.

Luke 17:4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land wherethey are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Revelation 2:5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

You are not receiving the truth.

ClimateSanity

Jesus doesn't save people who do not repent of their sins. I preach that all the time, but then you have Truster who cannot get past the shackles Satan has on him and he stays in one place not able to move.

Jesus does NOT save people who do not repent of their sins.

We have to obey Jesus to get saved and to stay saved.
Obey what?

Sent from my XT1254 using TOL mobile app

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, I know, I get your little tricky and damaging twist to the truth. What don't you get that if anyone does sin they should not, but if they do, then they are to confess and repent of it?

Then why do you keep teaching this same lie over and over?

If you have repented, it means you are no longer sinning.

Here's GOD repenting again.

Psalms 106:45 KJV
(45) And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.

GT's version:
(45) And he remembered for them his covenant, and stopped sinning according to the multitude of his mercies.

Stop the lying, GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.