Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

I know, when you don't understand something, it's hard to admit it.
It's always easier to rail on the messenger.

So, how could I be twisting what Paul said when I quoted him exactly?

You do know what a nation is, don't you? :think:
You do understand that "Gentiles" is speaking of a large group of people?
Whole nations, even?

If the Gentiles were to reject God, then they would not obtain mercy. The offer would be rescinded. They would go back to being a people without God in the world...."ye in times past have not believed God,"

What has the gentiles being a large group of people have to do with anything?

And it's not just rejecting God when we hear the word, it's also rejecting him once we know him and putting our lives before him!

I know of people who say that they were saved, loved God. Followed Jesus for years. Yet they have now turned away and become atheists and don't believe in God in any way whatsoever, are they still sealed by the Holy Spirit?

I know others who say that are saved but live a life to the contrary, are they still saved and sealed by the Spirit?

I believe that they have turned from God, not God turning from them, he will always be waiting for those who turn away to repent and come back to him. Just like the parable of the prodigal son. But he won't be mocked GD, we can't take God for granted.

Hebrews 3

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, IF we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

If we carry on living by the will of our flesh once we know the living God, then we are crucifying the Lord afresh and we put him to an open shame!

glorydaz

What has the gentiles being a large group of people have to do with anything?

And it's not just rejecting God when we hear the word, it's also rejecting him once we know him and putting our lives before him!

I know of people who say that they were saved, loved God. Followed Jesus for years. Yet they have now turned away and become atheists and don't believe in God in any way whatsoever, are they still sealed by the Holy Spirit?

I know others who say that are saved but live a life to the contrary, are they still saved and sealed by the Spirit?

I believe that they have turned from God, not God turning from them, he will always be waiting for those who turn away to repent and come back to him. Just like the parable of the prodigal son. But he won't be mocked GD, we can't take God for granted.

Hebrews 3

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, IF we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

If we carry on living by the will of our flesh once we know the living God, then we are crucifying the Lord afresh and we put him to an open shame!

No worries, little girl. You can't lose what you don't have.

marhig

Yeah, well you just keep on doubting God, and thinking all those unsaved are the saved that fell away. And you keep listening to God's unTruth. Before you know it, God will give you over to a reprobate mind.....all because you don't listen. Unteachable.

You can't even figure out Romans 1, for crying out loud. :doh:

I'm sorry GD but I can't understand how you can't see that Paul is speaking to the gentiles in Romans 11 when he clearly says he is. And how you believe that those in Romans 1 didn't belong to God, when Paul clearly says they did.

And in both chapters he makes it clear, that if we don't live by the will of God, then we ourselves turn from him. And if we turn from him, then we can't expect to still be blessed and sealed with the Holy Spirit.

There is no such thing as once saved always saved!

marhig

No worries, little girl. You can't lose what you don't have.
Well I know it's the truth, but I'm not here to force it on anyone, I'm just speaking it. I've quoted clearly what is written in the scriptures to show that what I believe is true. And I know that I am to obey the living God and live by his will.

So we will have to agree to disagree.

Ok I'm going now, speak soon God willing.

Truster

Oh yes i do, and it's not living by the way you are teaching, the way is narrow, you teach the broad way!

Do you still carrying on doing things that you know are wrong before God?

Walking the narrow way has got nothing to do with works. Walking in the narrow way is putting into effect the immediate result of finding and then passing through the strait gate. Walking the narrow way is exhibiting the lesson has been learnt. Is being learnt and is the manifestation of this verse, "the just shall live by trust".
The walk is not the reason for living by trust, but the proof of it.

When I'm out in the mountains I usually take ancient routes that others don't go on. I'm often walking very, very narrow paths that are only visible when you are on them. Two meters to the left or right and you can't see the path.

Truster

Yes. They have no fear of God. That's the broad way.

Your fear is one of dread for the retribution you will face for not working and trying to please the Almighty. It's a case of I must, I must, I must and not I will...Everything you do is out of servitude and not done in love and trust.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Your fear is one of dread for the retribution you will face for not working and trying to please the Almighty. It's a case of I must, I must, I must and not I will...Everything you do is out of servitude and not done in love and trust.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

blah, blah...

Truster

Calvinists say it is impossible for a person who is saved to turn away.

They say that person was never saved.

They deny all the scriptures where Jesus warns us.

You seem to think of salvation as the act of regeneration. When in fact salvation has an Alpha and an Omega. In the redeemed Messiah Himself is the Alpha and Omega. This meaning He is all in all to those that trust.

In the first year of my salvation I was reading in Genesis about Noah NIV. I came to a verse that said, "And Elohim said to Noah go into the ark". I was horrified at the very thought of this and put my Bible down. The ark was the only means of salvation and the possibility of Noah being in the ark without Yah Veh Elohim was just a horrifying thought for me. What if I was told to go and do something? I came to the conclusion I would flatly refuse.

I then found a KJV and read, "And Elohim said to Noah come into the ark". My joy reached epic heights and the words, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you', became ingrained in me.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You seem to think of salvation as the act of regeneration. When in fact salvation has an Alpha and an Omega. In the redeemed Messiah Himself is the Alpha and Omega. This meaning He is all in all to those that trust.

In the first year of my salvation I was reading in Genesis about Noah NIV. I came to a verse that said, "And Elohim said to Noah go into the ark". I was horrified at the very thought of this and put my Bible down. The ark was the only means of salvation and the possibility of Noah being in the ark without Yah Veh Elohim was just a horrifying thought for me. What if I was told to go and do something? I came to the conclusion I would flatly refuse.

I then found a KJV and read, "And Elohim said to Noah come into the ark". My joy reached epic heights and the words, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you', became ingrained in me.

You found the way to exalt yourself, misusing the Bible.

Truster

good for you.

But you don't repent of your self glorifing comments.

You cannot see my intentions. You cannot hear my thoughts and you can't understand the words I use. I speak the truth according to the doctrine found in scripture.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of Elohim: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Truster, do you know that Jesus says narrow is the way to life and only a few find it?

Do you know "faith only" Christian like you are the most in Christian community?

Status
Not open for further replies.