ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

God's Truth

Gen 50:17 So shall ye say unto Joseph, Forgive, I pray thee now, the trespass of thy brethren, and their sin; for they did unto thee evil: and now, we pray thee, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of thy father. And Joseph wept when they spake unto him.
Gen 50:18 And his brethren also went and fell down before his face; and they said, Behold, we be thy servants.
Gen 50:19 And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?
Gen 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

How do you get that those scriptures nullify the scripture that says when Jesus comes again it will NOT be to BEAR SIN.

God's Truth

Why? If you were obeying Jesus before you were saved, there was no need to be saved.

That does not make sense. If I want all the sins I ever did to be washed away,...if I want Jesus to live in my heart,...if I want to have the Helper and Comforter,...if I want Jesus to intervene for me,...then I have to be washed with his blood.

Jerry Shugart

Wow, that was ignorant. We ALL have to believe that Jesus is the Christ.

You overlook the fact that the Bible teaches that those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, receive life by being born of God when they believe that truth:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1,4,5).​

Those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, are saved apart from believing that the Lord Jesus died for our sins.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

That does not make sense. If I want all the sins I ever did to be washed away,...if I want Jesus to live in my heart,...if I want to have the Helper and Comforter,...if I want Jesus to intervene for me,...then I have to be washed with his blood.

You said you obeyed Jesus before you could be saved.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
How do you get that those scriptures nullify the scripture that says when Jesus comes again it will NOT be to BEAR SIN.

Well.....I really didn't think you'd get it.

You continue to say that, but I know of know one in this forum that believes that the Lord Jesus is coming again to bear sin. Actually....I don't know anybody anywhere that believes that.

God's Truth

Well.....I really didn't think you'd get it.

You continue to say that, but I know of know one in this forum that believes that the Lord Jesus is coming again to bear sin. Actually....I don't know anybody anywhere that believes that.

Then why would you ever get that the Jesus will live on the earth with the Jews who reject him?

SaulToPaul 2

I humbled myself as a child. I admitted I was a sinner. I repented of my sins. I forgave others who have sinned against me. I called on Jesus to help me.

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Do you believe that you can "lose" your salvation?

God's Truth

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isaiah does not speak against obeying Jesus.

As for being as Christ that is what God wants for us.

Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Colossians 3:10
and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.