Forced Vaccination is Wrong

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
My answer to those questions are in the thread.

Title: Forced vaccination is wrong. The OP writer has spent many posts explaining that keeping children out of public scbool who are not vaccinated is forcing the parents to vaccinate against their will and ultimately usurps their role as parent in this instance. The chosen title seems to summarize that quite nicely. Where is the misleading? I don't see it.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Title: Forced vaccination is wrong. The OP writer has spent many posts explaining that keeping children out of public scbool who are not vaccinated is forcing the parents to vaccinate against their will and ultimately usurps their role as parent in this instance. The chosen title seems to summarize that quite nicely. Where is the misleading? I don't see it.
Go back and start reading at post 1. This thread is only about 50 pages long, so in a few short hours you should be up to date on everybodys arguments.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Title: Forced vaccination is wrong. The OP writer has spent many posts explaining that keeping children out of public scbool

Public schools. Where other parents also send *their* children. School districts follow policies for a reason. You don't have to agree. IF one doesn't wish to comply, they do not have to utilize the public school.

who are not vaccinated is forcing the parents to vaccinate against their will and ultimately usurps their role as parent in this instance.

While the OTHER parents who abide by the rules are having their own children put at risk by these non vaccinated children thanks to the parents. You do understand that parents do not get to decide what risk they are allowed to put other children under, right?

The chosen title seems to summarize that quite nicely. Where is the misleading? I don't see it.

There was no force. The child did NOT receive the vaccination. The author of this thread does not like the fact the school district is requiring vaccinations in order to attend.

The parents are making the decision to not have their child attend. To play it off as anything else is a farce.

1PeaceMaker

A child posted the topic of the OP?

The starter of this thread is a mother of 7. (me)

The OP is written by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.

My only comment was a simple question - can we agree that forced vaccination is wrong?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
The starter of this thread is a mother of 7. (me)

The OP is written by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.

My only comment was a simple question - can we agree that forced vaccination is wrong?
50 pages and 737 posts later, the answer is, obviously, no.

1PeaceMaker

School districts follow policies for a reason.

And that reason is always correct, right? :chuckle:

While the OTHER parents who abide by the rules are having their own children put at risk by these non vaccinated children thanks to the parents. You do understand that parents do not get to decide what risk they are allowed to put other children under, right?
While you are saying that, you are selfishly and vainly trying to get "herd immunity" for your child, above the health risks to my child from your medical fanaticism.

There was no force. The child did NOT receive the vaccination. The author of this thread does not like the fact the school district is requiring vaccinations in order to attend.

It's one thing if you have a choice of vaccinated school or not. It's another when you are shutting kids out because their parents are trying to protect their health. Not every parent can excel or please their children with homeschool and in Cali the regulations threaten homeschooled children also. You keep ignoring that!

The parents are making the decision to not have their child attend. To play it off as anything else is a farce.

You haven't been paying attention at all.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You seem to have missed my reply in post #701, which is the rebuttal I earlier referred to.
Post #701 is meaningless. You asked if we could all agree that forced vaccination is wrong. Given that there is no agreement on how the force should be defined for this conversation, the answer is still no. We cannot all agree with you. Isn't that obvious to you at this point?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So that means you support the government takeover of medicine and consider anyone who doesn't want that weird?

The link I posted was about *your* source and has nothing whatsoever to do what you just asked me.

Your *source* also reported this ...

Leprosy error

In a 2005 article published in the Journal, Madeleine Cosman argued that illegal immigrants were carriers of disease, and that immigrants and "anchor babies" were launching a "stealthy assault on [American] medicine."[56] In the article, Cosman claimed that "Suddenly, in the past 3 years America has more than 7,000 cases of leprosy" because of illegal aliens.[56] The journal's leprosy claim was cited and repeated by Lou Dobbs as evidence of the dangers of illegal immigration.[53][57]

Publicly available statistics show that the 7,000 cases of leprosy occurred during the past 30 years, not the past three as Cosman claimed.[58] James L. Krahenbuhl, director of the U.S. government's leprosy program, stated that there had been no significant increase in leprosy cases, and that "It [leprosy] is not a public health problem—that’s the bottom line."[57] National Public Radio reported that the Journal article "had footnotes that did not readily support allegations linking a recent rise in leprosy rates to illegal immigrants."[53] The article's erroneous leprosy claim was pointed out by 60 Minutes,[59] National Public Radio,[53] and the New York Times[57] but has not been corrected by the Journal.[56]

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
While you are saying that, you are selfishly and vainly trying to get "herd immunity" for your child, above the health risks to my child from your medical fanaticism.
While you are saying that, you are selfishly and vainly trying to refuse reasonable precautions for your child, above the health risks to my child from your medical ignorance.

1PeaceMaker

The link I posted was about *your* source and has nothing whatsoever to do what you just asked me.

Your *source* also reported this ...

Leprosy error

In a 2005 article published in the Journal, Madeleine Cosman argued that illegal immigrants were carriers of disease, and that immigrants and "anchor babies" were launching a "stealthy assault on [American] medicine."[56] In the article, Cosman claimed that "Suddenly, in the past 3 years America has more than 7,000 cases of leprosy" because of illegal aliens.[56] The journal's leprosy claim was cited and repeated by Lou Dobbs as evidence of the dangers of illegal immigration.[53][57]

Publicly available statistics show that the 7,000 cases of leprosy occurred during the past 30 years, not the past three as Cosman claimed.[58] James L. Krahenbuhl, director of the U.S. government's leprosy program, stated that there had been no significant increase in leprosy cases, and that "It [leprosy] is not a public health problem—that’s the bottom line."[57] National Public Radio reported that the Journal article "had footnotes that did not readily support allegations linking a recent rise in leprosy rates to illegal immigrants."[53] The article's erroneous leprosy claim was pointed out by 60 Minutes,[59] National Public Radio,[53] and the New York Times[57] but has not been corrected by the Journal.[56]

STOP THE PRESSES! A fallible doctor.

Rusha's doctors are never malicious (she's never met one, ask her) and never make a mistake, like saying 3 years instead of 30. Interesting that 7,000 communicable cases of leprosy are NOT a public health problem, but 150 Disneyland cases are! LOLOLOL

ETA I'm not saying this was Rusha's doctor. I'm saying her doc wouldn't make such a silly mistake. Hers being perfect and all. :rolleyes:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The use of large font doesn't make your claim any less hysterical or more accurate ...

It's one thing if you have a choice of vaccinated school or not. It's another when you are shutting kids out because their parents are trying to protect their health. Not every parent can excel or please their children with homeschool and in Cali the regulations threaten homeschooled children also. You keep ignoring that!

I don't buy this "trying to protect their" health as a legitimate excuse when it dangerously disregards the health of ALL the other school children.

You haven't been paying attention at all.

Of course I have. What's next ... a parent is opposed to their child wearing shoes to school, so the district is FORCING the child to stay off the grounds with their bare feet?

That's how ludicrous your use of the word "force" is ...

1PeaceMaker

While you are saying that, you are selfishly and vainly trying to refuse reasonable precautions for your child, above the health risks to my child from your medical ignorance.

Says the man who owns and rides horses and puts his daughters on them.

And I don't put your kids at risk. Your kids would never see mine in town spreading communicable diseases. Yours may or may not be killed by a horse.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
STOP THE PRESSES! A fallible doctor.

Rusha's doctors are never malicious (she's never met one, ask her) and never make a mistake, like saying 3 years instead of 30. Interesting that 7,000 communicable cases of leprosy are NOT a public health problem, but 150 Disneyland cases are! LOLOLOL

This just goes to show how blatantly dishonest you continue to be. That article I posted is about doctors who support YOUR viewpoint.

Not mine. Yours. Keep grasping.

1PeaceMaker

The use of large font doesn't make your claim any less hysterical or more accurate ...

Nor does it make it less accurate, but I will find it again easily due to it's large font when I want to remind you. Every time you use that stupid argument it will come back. :p

I don't buy this "trying to protect their" health as a legitimate excuse when it dangerously disregards the health of ALL the other school children.

It does not! My kids would stay home when sick. I wouldn't wait until it was obvious they had measles if they were exposed. Their prodromal period would be spent at home. That's not asking too much when measles, etc, barely shows up at our local level.

Of course I have. What's next ... a parent is opposed to their child wearing shoes to school, so the district is FORCING the child to stay off the grounds with their bare feet?

Forcing a child to wear clothing, and that's what it is... is not offensive nor is it forcing medical procedures on them. It does not harm or kill a child to be properly dressed. Let's stick to examples of activities we all repeatedly admit are risky or invasive.

1PeaceMaker

That article I posted is about doctors who support YOUR viewpoint.

Yes, and I obviously understood that and kept consistent to that.

I said yours were considered by you to be infallible. You are like a little kid catching a grownup making a simple, mundane mistake and getting all hopped up about it.

Not mine. Yours. Keep grasping.

And this is where you prove my point. Now I also have the reinforced impression you think your doctors really are infallible.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nor does it make it less accurate, but I will find it again easily due to it's large font when I want to remind you. Every time you use that stupid argument it will come back. :p

And I will just take note of your continued desperation ... :chuckle:

It does not! My kids would stay home when sick. I wouldn't wait until it was obvious they had measles if they were exposed. Their prodromal period would be spent at home. That's not asking too much when measles, etc, barely shows up at our local level.

You wouldn't know until AFTER they exposed others ...

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/meas.pdf

The incubation period of measles, from exposure to
prodrome averages 10–12 days. From exposure to rash onset
averages 14 days (range, 7–18 days)

Forcing a child to wear clothing, and that's what it is... is not offensive nor is it forcing medical procedures on them. It does not harm or kill a child to be properly dressed. Let's stick to examples of activities we all repeatedly admit are risky or invasive.

That wasn't the argument. Any parent and child could argue that they should not be forced to wear or be prohibited from wearing something. The school does not need to make special rules based on the baseless whims of parents.

The fact is you do not care whether or not the non-vax children are a health risks to others.