ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

God's Truth

None of what you quoted from my post is opinion. Others can verify that what I say is, in fact, fact. All one has to do is look through your posts on all the various threads you have posted on (such as this one and the thread on "The Trinity").

What I said IS truth. And you can't handle it.

If you could, you would respond by admitting that it is possible for you to be wrong, and admitting that you have been shown to be wrong on more than one occasion and repent of your false teachings.

But you won't, because "I, GT, someone who obeys everything Jesus says (but not really, just the things that I want to obey), like to think of what I, GT, teach as 'God's Truth.'"

You are wrong. Let's here you admit it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Except I'm not, at least, not on this. You are a hypocritical lying troll. That is a statement of fact. I'm not going to lie about that.

I have been wrong before, and I can be and am wrong sometimes. But on the statement above, I am not.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Prove me wrong, GT. Answer my question:

Can God do two different things at two different times with two different peoples? Is that within the realm of possible things He can do?

God's Truth

Except I'm not, at least, not on this. You are a hypocritical lying troll. That is a statement of fact. I'm not going to lie about that.

I have been wrong before, and I can be and am wrong sometimes. But on the statement above, I am not.

You are verbally abusive without merit.

God's Truth

Prove me wrong, GT. Answer my question:

Can God do two different things at two different times with two different peoples? Is that within the realm of possible things He can do?

I have told you many times that God is not divided and He did not give two opposing gospels.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have told you many times that God is not divided and He did not give two opposing gospels.
I'm not even talking about gospels, nor am I saying God is divided. I'm talking in general.

For example, could God, with one group of people, tell them to grow crops, and then later, tell a completely different group to build buildings?

Is that something He can do?

God's Truth

I'm not even talking about gospels, nor am I saying God is divided. I'm talking in general.

For example, could God, with one group of people, tell them to grow crops, and then later, tell a completely different group to build buildings?

Is that something He can do?

That question has nothing to do with anything.

God did not give two opposing gospels.

God is not divided.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That question has nothing to do with anything.

God did not give two opposing gospels.

God is not divided.
So you're refusing to answer my clear and direct question about God's abilities?

Thank you for proving me right.

Danoh

First;

Thank you for the leveled and somewhat concise response.

I am glad you believe the words ascribed to St. Peter apply to you. I don't believe in robbing Peter to pay Paul. I believe there to be One Gospel and one High Priest and One Creator GOD ALMIGHTY.

As for your questions.

I believe we all are to abide by the command of Christ; love GOD (be faithful to your love), and through extension; love creation.

I was literally saved from self when I received Faith by hearing and believing the Word of GOD. I can post the specifics if need be. I was atheist prior to what happened and will never forget the mercy and Grace shown to me.

I believe we can loose salvation. That we are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling; knowing that once we receive faith through the Word, that there is no further payment for sin but a dread of the judgement to come upon the knowing hypocrite.

Hypocrisy, greed and pride are the enemies of GOD.

Working iniquity is to love pride greed and to knowingly practice hypocrisy though one knows well the law of the Spirit that is written on the hearts and minds of the believer.

peace;

I look forward to your response.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Where salvation is concerned I view people in light of the Scripture, as one of following:

1 - Lost and unaware they are.

2 - Lost but confused about it otherwise.

3 - Saved and clear on it.

4 - Saved but confused on it otherwise.

Without more specifics from you, from what little you did post in your reply, you appear to me to be either 2, or possibly 3.

I know this much: this passage...

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Is NOT in contradiction TO these...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Other than within your obvious misunderstanding of that passage in Philippians 2.

I won't spit on you for this your obvious mis-fire in your reading of that passage in Philippians; but neither can I agree with you on it.

Why not?

Because what I hold to is that...

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Romans 5: 6-8 towards ya.

popsthebuilder

Where salvation is concerned I view people in light of the Scripture, as one of following:

Without more specifics from you, from what little you did post in your reply, you appear to me to be either 2, or possibly 3.

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Other than within your obvious misunderstanding of that passage in Philippians 2.

I won't spit on you for this your obvious mis-fire in your reading of that passage in Philippians; but neither can I agree with you on it.

Why not?

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Okay, so you understand that being made righteous is not staying the same?

You too must understand that faith is effectual, causing change and one to submit to and do the work of GOD.

good good.

God's Truth

Why not?

Danoh,

Paul was not saying faith and no obey to get saved.

That is outrageous.

We are to obey what Jesus taught when he walked the earth.

Jesus tells us how to get saved.

Paul taught the same thing.

Danoh

Okay, so you understand that being made righteous is not staying the same?

You too must understand that faith is effectual, causing change and one to submit to and do the work of GOD.

good good.

We are NOT on the same page.

You erroneously believe that salvation (in this age of Unmerited Grace) can be lost.

I do NOT.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

The hope (confidence, Rom. 4) of (that) righteousness (which) the Spirit (makes ours) by faith the moment we believe that Christ died for our sins.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

That is...

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

No work you can do is good enough to get you that, and no work you can do is good enough to maintain that.

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Which is what this blessing of Abraham is referring to - the GIFT of righteousness imputed unto the Believer's account...

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. 4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

There is what that "in hope of" refers, not to an uncertainty, but a confident expectation.

4:19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

We now have this same hope, or confident expectation.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

And so on...

In memory NOT of us - NOT of OUR works - BUT of HIS ALONE...

Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Purpose or intent?

3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

And guess what?

3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

In memory then, of Romans 5: 6-8 in each our stead.

oatmeal

Then tell me the point he was making, please.

His conclusion speaks the best.

"You say you are following Jesus yet doing what He instructed four times would be a new thing for you, wouldn’t it?"

He uses the example of selling what you have and giving to the poor, yet I am quite sure that he has not done so either.

Unless Jesus Christ's words there are misunderstood.

After all if someone sold all that they had, that would include the clothes they are wearing? If they sold all that they had, they would be poor and could rightly give themselves the money they received from selling all that they had. Or if they kept the money they would have money left and that would be included in what they had.

did Jesus teach to sell "all" that they have?

No, he did not.

Then what should they sell?

What they don't really need.

popsthebuilder

We are NOT on the same page.

You erroneously believe that salvation (in this age of Unmerited Grace) can be lost.

I do NOT.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

The hope (confidence, Rom. 4) of (that) righteousness (which) the Spirit (makes ours) by faith the moment we believe that Christ died for our sins.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

That is...

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

No work you can do is good enough to get you that, and no work you can do is good enough to maintain that.

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Which is what this blessing of Abraham is referring to - the GIFT of righteousness imputed unto the Believer's account...

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. 4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

There is what that "in hope of" refers, not to an uncertainty, but a confident expectation.

4:19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

We now have this same hope, or confident expectation.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

And so on...

In memory NOT of us - NOT of OUR works - BUT of HIS ALONE...

Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Purpose or intent?

3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

And guess what?

3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

In memory then, of Romans 5: 6-8 in each our stead.
Scripture plainly stated that none knows for sure that they are safe and those who claim such are the farthest from the Truth.

Danoh

Scripture plainly stated that none knows for sure that they are safe and those who claim such are the farthest from the Truth.

That's your reply to someone's having taken the time to think all that through, look up all those passages, reread them to make sure they are relevant to the subject, and post them to you, together with carefully thought out commentary here and there?

You care that little about both your position on this issue and about other's spiritual well-being?

You were better off not posting at all.

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them OUT OF THE SCRIPTURES, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

17:11 These were MORE NOBLE than those in Thessalonica, in that...

1 - they received the word with ALL readiness of mind, and...

2 - searched THE SCRIPTURES DAILY, whether those things were so. 17:12...

3 - THEREFORE many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

In short, do not expect your posts to be taken at YOUR word by this BIBLE BASED Believer.

Regretabbly, Pops...

And in memory of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

God's Truth

That's your reply to someone's having taken the time to think all that through, look up all those passages, reread them to make sure they are relevant to the subject, and post them to you, together with carefully thought out commentary here and there?

You care that little about both your position on this issue and about other's spiritual well-being?

You were better off not posting at all.

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them OUT OF THE SCRIPTURES, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

17:11 These were MORE NOBLE than those in Thessalonica, in that...

1 - they received the word with ALL readiness of mind, and...

2 - searched THE SCRIPTURES DAILY, whether those things were so. 17:12...

3 - THEREFORE many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

In short, do not expect your posts to be taken at YOUR word by this BIBLE BASED Believer.

Regretabbly, Pops...

And in memory of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

You are the one who should be more careful yourself.