ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

oatmeal

Been saying this for years here but McLean said it very well today.

Did this McLean character do this?

Does he understand what Jesus said, or is he assuming that he does?

Take for instance the following verse you listed:

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

"sell whatsoever thou hast"

Ok, are you wearing clothes that you "hast"?

Should you sell clothes you are wearing and live the rest of your life naked as a jaybird?

What is the practical application of what Jesus said?

did Peter and Andrew and James and John sell their boats or did they go fishing after the resurrection?

Did Jesus sell all that he owned including the clothes he was wearing and finish his ministry stark naked?

What is Jesus Christ really saying?

I will let you mull that over.

popsthebuilder

... at all.

Let it be known:
GT is a liar, a hypocrite, and a troll. She refuses to discuss things logically, and only asserts her position without providing solid evidence to support such.

Engage her at your own risk.
I bet you won't get banned for saying that.

Uneven playing field.

Bigotry at it's best.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

oatmeal

Do you understand what Jesus or McLean said, or are you assuming that you do?

You're so ignorant of what McLean (and MADs) are talking about that you don't even see why he was asking the questions.

Go check your library so VPW can tell you what to think about this.

Yes, I do understand what McLean wrote, but sadly he does not understand how to apply those truths.

Well, I read the article, but his article misses the point of what Jesus taught.

If we are to sell all that we have, then why bother with Matthew 6:33?

If we take McLean's viewpoint, whatever God adds to us we would be required to sell and give to the poor.

If we have nothing, we are the poor, we have nothing left to give.

We have to have something if we are go give anything.

"It is more blessed to give than to receive" implies that we have something to give.

If we got rid of everything we cannot believe Jesus's words on giving.

So, have sold everything including the computer you are using to reply to me with?

Or are you sitting in a library naked, using their computer?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm not offended friend.

I'm just starting the obvious.

1. Don't call me friend if you aren't a friend of God, the Lord Jesus Christ.

2. No, you're whining about me calling someone out for truly being a hypocritical lying troll. Telling the truth will not get me banned or removed from this thread or forum. If I am wrong about something, I expect to be told so, and then I will attempt to defend my position, or realize that my position is wrong and accept that and then change my position to what is correct.

GT, on the other hand, has been proven wrong multiple times, has refused to accept such correction, and still preaches the same false doctrine. She refuses to answer direct questions (as shown above), claiming them to be "folly" and "dishonest," and always diverting attention away from what is being discussed in an attempt to bring the attention back to her false doctrine. She never admits when she's wrong, she never admits when her position has been shown to be foundationally unsound, and never admits that she even has the possibility of being wrong, and then wrongly calls out other people for believing the Bible when it says something explicitly.

God's Truth

Do you understand what Jesus or McLean said, or are you assuming that you do?

You're so ignorant of what McLean (and MADs) are talking about that you don't even see why he was asking the questions.

Go check your library so VPW can tell you what to think about this.

Jesus gives understanding to those who obey him.

You preach against obeying what Jesus said in the four gospel books.

Can you just clarify to what I am saying?

So you don't believe you have to humble yourself and repent of your sins, as Jesus preaches?

You don't believe that you have to forgive everyone who has sinned against you?

You don't believe that lusting in your heart is adultery?

Just wondering...can you clarify?

popsthebuilder

2. No, you're whining about me calling someone out for truly being a hypocritical lying troll. Telling the truth will not get me banned or removed from this thread or forum. If I am wrong about something, I expect to be told so, and then I will attempt to defend my position, or realize that my position is wrong and accept that and then change my position to what is correct.

GT, on the other hand, has been proven wrong multiple times, has refused to accept such correction, and still preaches the same false doctrine. She refuses to answer direct questions (as shown above), claiming them to be "folly" and "dishonest," and always diverting attention away from what is being discussed in an attempt to bring the attention back to her false doctrine. She never admits when she's wrong, she never admits when her position has been shown to be foundationally unsound, and never admits that she even has the possibility of being wrong, and then wrongly calls out other people for believing the Bible when it says something explicitly.
"Don't call me friend if you aren't a friend of God, the Lord Jesus Christ."

Support your claim.

How is it that you deem me to be not a friend of our Lord GOD the Christ?

popsthebuilder

1 Peter 5: 8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9. Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 10. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 11. To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

(So who thinks this doesn't pertain to them?)

God's Truth

Your mere opinions are no defense for the truth.

God's Truth

1 Peter 5: 8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9. Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 10. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 11. To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

You are right. The people here who have special privileges don't even believe that we have to obey what Peter the apostle to the Jew says.

Danoh

Within the Mid-Acts I hold to (of the three versions of MAD represented on TOL), I would say the same principe or rule of thumb those passages are going on about...applies to us.

It would apply WHERE it is the SAME as a principle within Paul's writings.

At the same time, where it differs IN ITS APPLICATION; that aspect of said principle would not apply.

By the way, for my clarification - (1) how do you know that you ARE saved: what are you basing that on SPECIFICALLY; (2) do you believe you can, or can not lose your salvation - what are you basing that on SPECIFICALLY?

For, absent of clarity on that, the rest of all this back and forth does matter.

"The same principle, different in application" behind the assertion in my two questions to you being the following...

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Thanks in advance,

In memory of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

popsthebuilder

Within the Mid-Acts I hold to (of the three versions of MAD represented on TOL), I would say the same principe or rule of thumb those passages are going on about...applies to us.

At the same time, where it differs IN ITS APPLICATION; that aspect of said principle would not apply.

By the way, for my clarification - (1) how do you know that you ARE saved: what are you basing that on SPECIFICALLY; (2) do you believe you can, or can not lose your salvation - what are you basing that on SPECIFICALLY?

For, absent of clarity on that, the rest of all this back and forth does matter.

"The same principle, different in application" behind the assertion in my two questions to you being the following...

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Thanks in advance,

First;

Thank you for the leveled and somewhat concise response.

I am glad you believe the words ascribed to St. Peter apply to you. I don't believe in robbing Peter to pay Paul. I believe there to be One Gospel and one High Priest and One Creator GOD ALMIGHTY.

As for your questions.

I believe we all are to abide by the command of Christ; love GOD (be faithful to your love), and through extension; love creation.

I was literally saved from self when I received Faith by hearing and believing the Word of GOD. I can post the specifics if need be. I was atheist prior to what happened and will never forget the mercy and Grace shown to me.

I believe we can loose salvation. That we are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling; knowing that once we receive faith through the Word, that there is no further payment for sin but a dread of the judgement to come upon the knowing hypocrite.

Hypocrisy, greed and pride are the enemies of GOD.

Working iniquity is to love pride greed and to knowingly practice hypocrisy though one knows well the law of the Spirit that is written on the hearts and minds of the believer.

peace;

I look forward to your response.

God's Truth

Thanks in advance,

It is not so confusing.

Just obey God and never give up, give out, or give in.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Your mere opinions are no defense for the truth.
None of what you quoted from my post is opinion. Others can verify that what I say is, in fact, fact. All one has to do is look through your posts on all the various threads you have posted on (such as this one and the thread on "The Trinity").

What I said IS truth. And you can't handle it.

If you could, you would respond by admitting that it is possible for you to be wrong, and admitting that you have been shown to be wrong on more than one occasion and repent of your false teachings.

But you won't, because "I, GT, someone who obeys everything Jesus says (but not really, just the things that I want to obey), like to think of what I, GT, teach as 'God's Truth.'"

God's Truth

First;

Thank you for the leveled and somewhat concise response.

I am glad you believe the words ascribed to St. Peter apply to you. I don't believe in robbing Peter to pay Paul. I believe there to be One Gospel and one High Priest and One Creator GOD ALMIGHTY.

As for your questions.

I believe we all are to abide by the command of Christ; love GOD (be faithful to your love), and through extension; love creation.

I was literally saved from self when I received Faith by hearing and believing the Word of GOD. I can post the specifics if need be. I was atheist prior to what happened and will never forget the mercy and Grace shown to me.

I believe we can loose salvation. That we are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling; knowing that once we receive faith through the Word, that there is no further payment for sin but a dread of the judgement to come upon the knowing hypocrite.

Hypocrisy, greed and pride are the enemies of GOD.

Working iniquity is to love pride greed and to knowingly practice hypocrisy though one knows well the law of the Spirit that is written on the hearts and minds of the believer.

peace;

I look forward to your response.

I know you say that you were an atheist, but when you humbled yourself and tried to stop sinning and called on Jesus to help you---that is not being an atheist.