ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewmama

When the cross is preached to you followed by a question, you go off on a tangent and start calling me thoughtless and go on and on about works. I can only assume you think the cross is foolishness to you 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV. Those of us who believe it to be the power of God testify it as such!

Oh I see. You are the only one allowed to post Scripture. You don't like it when other people do. And your question is thoughtless because you actually seem to think that people who believe and have faith in Jesus and strive to follow his admonishments and commands to do good, are condemned for it! You never answered, how stupid do you have to be to think that?

john w

Hall of Fame
My trust lies in Christ to be sure. I also trust in the Church though, because as Paul himself pointed out, (another thing y'all ignore) "1 Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."

Respective members of the body of Christ are "the church," in this dispensation.

No scripture in this dispensation instructs you to believe, trust in the church....i.e., me, other members of his body. The church is described as a pillar. What does a pillar do? Supports. With me? Hang in there... I know that is quite deep. The church merely supports the already established, objective truth of scripture, but is not the source of objective truth. Believe the book.....Don't trust us....."Check out what anyone says," per Acts 17:11 KJV.

I nominate this post as POTLTM(Post Of The Last Ten Minutes).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They're about to have a complete mental/emotional breakdown.

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Rom 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Rom 3:14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Rom 3:15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Rom 3:16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
Rom 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:
Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Rom 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Rom 3:14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Rom 3:15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Rom 3:16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
Rom 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:
Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

What are you trying to say?

andyc

But theirs sound absolutely identical to yours. No one can tell them apart, not even a charismatic. So you really do believe that of all God's gifts, He allows Satan to perfectly duplicate what you think is the miraculous gift of tongues? Really? Is your idea of God really that stupid?

Ask Paul. He spoke in tongues more than anyone at Corinth.
Here is what you obviously do not understand about tongues. The sounds a person makes, is nothing but flesh. The sound means absolutely nothing. God doesn't listen to what is being said, and somehow interprets intelligible words from babble.

Paul said, "if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays". Spirits do not posses a mouth or a brain. And so it is not the sound that God interprets, but the language of the spirit.

It amuses me to watch you discredit what you do not even understand.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
All the Darby Followers are angry.

Looks like the return of Little Johnny W the Dance Director has got them all fired up.

Yet, not one MADist has answered my question.

Name one thing that Christ Jesus said that was a mystery kept secret since the foundation of the world?

(Matt 13:35 KJV) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It amuses me to watch you discredit what you do not even understand.

What's even more amusing is that mystery boy (aka musterion) calls himself "musterion", but has no idea about the mysteries of the kingdom.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
All the Darby Followers are angry.

Looks like the return of Little Johnny W the Dance Director has got them all fired up.

Yet, not one MADist has answered my question.

Name one thing that Christ Jesus said that was a mystery kept secret since the foundation of the world?

(Matt 13:35 KJV) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

You really take the cake. TeT believes Christ already returned in AD70.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
MADists claim to follow Paul, but at the same time don't believe what Paul said.

Paul said there were others in Christ before he was.

Paul said he preached the faith he once tried to destroy.

MAD is a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.