Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Hypocritical like the pacifist who temporarily takes up a gun to protect his family from a psychotic maniac.

Else find the quote where Nang claims that no woman should ever vote in any circumstance whatsoever. You're just twisting her words. :yawn:

You already posted what she said that women shouldn't vote. Yet she does, if i didn't think women should do something, then i wouldnt do it.

If she thinks they shouldn't vote, and she does it anyway, shes a hypocrite any way you slice it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No I didn't, and no she didn't. But your reading comprehension is abysmal, so why am I still trying to have a conversation with you? :think:

Beats me why you are, since most people know that saying something is wrong then doing it anyway, means one is a hypocrite.

Maybe you dont know what hypocrite means or you have an alternative motive for your sad defense of something indefensible - even a child can see the hypocrisy in what she said then admits doing.

You can go now :)

zippy2006

Beats me why you are, since most people know that saying something is wrong then doing it anyway, means one is a hypocrite.

Would you say it's wrong to shoot human beings with lethal weapons? Would doing so to protect your family make you a hypocrite?

Would you say it's wrong to wipe out large numbers of animals by poisoning them? Would doing so to rid your house of ants, bees, or other pests make you a hypocrite?

Would you say it's wrong to cut open someone's head and cut into their brain? Would doing so for the purpose of brain surgery make you a hypocrite?

Again, you're just being intentionally difficult in order to paint Nang in a bad light. You don't wish to understand, you only wish to accuse. Feel free to look up W.D. Ross' ethical system known as Presumptivism or the theory of prima facie duties.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Would you say it's wrong to shoot human beings with lethal weapons? Would doing so to protect your family make you a hypocrite?

Would you say it's wrong to wipe out large numbers of animals by poisoning them? Would doing so to rid your house of ants, bees, or other pests make you a hypocrite?

Would you say it's wrong to cut open someone's head and cut into their brain? Would doing so for the purpose of brain surgery make you a hypocrite?

Again, you're just being intentionally difficult in order to paint Nang in a bad light. You don't wish to understand, you only wish to accuse. Feel free to look up W.D. Ross' ethical system known as Presumptivism or the theory of prima facie duties.

Im sorry, i could have sword you were lamenting speaking with me, why are you still doing it? Are you a hypocrite like nang too?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I am. You act like a child. You don't wish to have conversation, you only wish to condemn. Do you know the etymology of "Satan"?

To ensure that the insufficiency of your claim is well-known.

There you go again. :yawn:

No I didn't, and no she didn't. But your reading comprehension is abysmal, so why am I still trying to have a conversation with you? :think:

Let me know when you are finished deciding why you are still trying to have a conversation with me, you're kind of slow deciding the matter.

Maybe thats why you dont know what "hypocrite" means. :think:

BTW yes you can have the last word :angel:

Arthur Brain

So, if you strongly object to a movement that brought about your right to actually have a say, and the right to express yourself that you utilize down the line that's in no way hypocritical is it?

Yeah okay zips. I'm sure there's some deeply profound philosophical argument that would support that notion...

:plain:

zippy2006

Let me know...

Brilliant! You "got me"! Just like you "got Nang." Congratulations. :second: Are you fulfilled now?

No need to engage in rational communication. No need to present something reasonable, to try to actually understand what someone is trying to say. All you have to do is walk around searching for the opportunity to say, "Gotcha!" It reminds me of the teenager who walks around doing nothing but rebelling and pointing out how stupid everyone and everything is. Yet they presumably grow up at some point.

Arthur Brain

Asked and answered, here and here.

No, they weren't answered, because to answer the topic would have required some objective and prudent thought instead of this crap. Nang maintains that feminism came about through a primarily sexual source for liberation. Not the case. Secondly, justifying such rights in the present and taking advantage of them, while erroneously castigating those who actually fought for women to have a voice is what if not hypocrisy?

Arthur Brain

Brilliant! You "got me"! Just like you "got Nang." Congratulations. :second: Are you fulfilled now?

No need to engage in rational communication. No need to present something reasonable, to try to actually understand what someone is trying to say. All you have to do is walk around searching for the opportunity to say, "Gotcha!" It reminds me of the teenager who walks around doing nothing but rebelling and pointing out how stupid everyone and everything is. Yet they presumably grow up at some point.

The irony is you won't even realize just how much you've described yourself...at least until a few years time maybe when hopefully your hang ups and issues have subsided somewhat.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No, they weren't answered, because to answer the topic would have required some objective and prudent thought instead of this crap. Nang maintains that feminism came about through a primarily sexual source for liberation. Not the case. Secondly, justifying such rights in the present and taking advantage of them, while erroneously castigating those who actually fought for women to have a voice is what if not hypocrisy?

Illogical.

Just because I believe feminism is wicked, means I must be silent and voice no opinions?

Bah

glorydaz

And you would be right. I was there during the early movement and sex had nothing to do with it. Some people just see sex wherever they look. It's such a big part of their mind-set.

The feminist movement started because women were treated like second class citizens....slaves in many cases....not even allowed to voice their opinion without being told to "Get back in the kitchen." Like most other movements, it went too far. Nothing new there.

Arthur Brain

Illogical.

Just because I believe feminism is wicked, means I must be silent and voice no opinions?

Bah

What's illogical is your bizarre notion that those who fought for a voice for women to start with were lesbians, or 'predominantly so', and then bang on about how such is 'wicked' even though the suffragette movement provided you with a voice which in times past you wouldn't have even had.

:doh:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What's illogical is your bizarre notion that those who fought for a voice for women to start with were lesbians, or 'predominantly so', and then bang on about how such is 'wicked' even though the suffragette movement provided you with a voice which in times past you wouldn't have even had.

And, isn't it interesting that; it takes 6 grown men to carry
a man to his grave however, it only takes one woman, to
put him there?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

So there would be no Internet nor TOL if it weren't for the feminist Suffrage movement?

That is humorous . . . :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

And you would be right. I was there during the early movement and sex had nothing to do with it. Some people just see sex wherever they look. It's such a big part of their mind-set.

The feminist movement started because women were treated like second class citizens....slaves in many cases....not even allowed to voice their opinion without being told to "Get back in the kitchen." Like most other movements, it went too far. Nothing new there.

It's only ignoramuses or misogynistic patriarch farts that would bemoan women having the right to have an equal voice and rights quite frankly. Some seem to see sex or militant attitudes any time the subject is even brought up...

Status
Not open for further replies.