False and Foolish Doctrines and Religions

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Do you pray to Mary? I'll be back later to hear your response. By the way, being water baptized doesn't make you a member of the Body of Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Then you really have no business spouting opinions about what supposedly constitutes "Catholic doctrine," do you. Clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I provided you with the link to the entire Catechism online. Go ahead and locate your friend's doctrinal claims, and cite the paragraphs here on TOL. Otherwise, you're just talking out of your shorts. Post your proof.

Post #136

This is a forum. I need not oblige you. You're not the owner of this forum. Mind your own business and stop barking orders. You sound a wee bit mentally disturbed and on the fringe. Are you in control of yourself or must I notify the authorites about your behavior? :kookoo: :rotfl:

Silent Hunter

It works Great for me.
The thousands of posts throughout TOL where that hasn't been anything approaching effective would tend to be overwhelming evidence you are deluding yourself.

You would have to find out for yourself. I will tell you how.
Let me guess, you'll do it by quoting bible verses at me? Right?

They would have to be careful. [/
The same as you've been careful in contrast to how everyone you disagree with regarding christian theology hasn't been careful? My irony detector is brand new and you have to go and break it. Rats!

What doesn't?
Do you even bother to read what you post?
People do not want to give up what some man and or woman taught them.
And you don't see the irony? Really?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Silent Hunter

Without the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ and justification by faith apart from the works of the law there can be no understanding. Jesus is the heart and the center of the Bible and without him and his Gospel the Bible is nothing more than a Christian Torah.
I've read through this thread and it has led me to one inescapable conclusion...
When it comes to religion people are prone to believe some of the weirdest most bizarre doctrines that there is.
Bob, I just had my irony meter fixed from the last post and you go and break it again! Drat!

God's Truth

The thousands of posts throughout TOL where that hasn't been anything approaching effective would tend to be overwhelming evidence you are deluding yourself.

Let me guess, you'll do it by quoting bible verses at me? Right?

The same as you've been careful in contrast to how everyone you disagree with regarding christian theology hasn't been careful? My irony detector is brand new and you have to go and break it. Rats!

Do you even bother to read what you post?And you don't see the irony? Really?

Even if no one will listen to what I am telling them WHAT JESUS SAYS to do to know the truth...I AM BEING BLESSED IMMENSELY BY GOD FOR DOING SO.

SonOfCaleb

Which of the following statements, then, do you dispute, and why:

The Church which by the close of the 1st century A.D. was already commonly known as as "the Catholic Church" was in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D.

Jesus while the head of the Christian Congregation never founded any congregations or so called 'Churches' -using Catholic nomenclature. His Apostles were responsible for the estbalishment of the Congregations that arose in Jerusalem, Antioch, Corinth, Ephesus etc.

The word Catholic or Universal was NEVER used by any of the early Christians to describe the early Congregations or Ecclesia. The Bible doesnt support this fallacy anywhere in the holy scriptures of Jesus establishing the RCC. And there's not a shred of secular evidence that supports this spurious notion of the Catholic Church being the first 'Church'. In fact the word Catholic wasn't used until the early 2nd Century.

Pointing to the personal sins of some Catholics in history no more negates the Christ-endowed status of the Catholic Church than would complaining about the personal sins of the apostles themselves---yes, they were all sinners---somehow be able to negate Christ's one historic Church during the Apostolic Era.

The Church remains, however, that one historic Church established by Jesus Christ and built up by the apostles and bishops chosen by Christ to guide and teach the faithful in his own name and by his very authority.[/LIST]

These two points are effectively the same as your previous point which i've already addressed. Both are false dichotomys based on your incorrect pretext of Jesus being the alledged founder of the Catholic Church. Im afraid your belief in Jesus establishing your Church is nothing more than fabled Catholic tradition. And you won't find a single passage in ANY Bible that supports this dogma.

Silent Hunter

Even if no one will listen to what I am telling them WHAT JESUS SAYS to do to know the truth...I AM BEING BLESSED IMMENSELY BY GOD FOR DOING SO.
When it comes to religion people are prone to believe some of the weirdest most bizarre doctrines that there is..
That you fail to understand how this applies to everyone else but not you speaks volumes.

Silent Hunter

After 45 years of reading the Bible, I pretty much know in what and in whom I believe.
Certainly that's what you believe but if you think you have the "correct" beliefs why is it that so many other so-called "christians" disagree with you? Would no true christian have beliefs opposed to your own? Would these not true christians consider you a "true christian"?

Are you really an atheist?
Are you really a true christian?

Robert Pate

Banned
Certainly that's what you believe but if you think you have the "correct" beliefs why is it that so many other so-called "christians" disagree with you? Would no true christian have beliefs opposed to your own? Would these not true christians consider you a "true christian"?

Are you really a true christian?

I am a bonafide true believer in Jesus Christ. The New Testament witness is so strong that one would have to be the worlds biggest fool to say that it is not true.

Silent Hunter

I am a bonafide true believer in Jesus Christ.[/]I have absolutely no doubt that you consider yourself to be a "true believer". Without again trying to change the subject, explain why you are a "true believer" and someone like Cruciform, who has beliefs opposed to your own, equally supported by "scripture", isn't.

The New Testament witness is so strong that one would have to be the worlds biggest fool to say that it is not true.
The way you wrote this it appears that you are saying that the new testament verifies that you are a "true believer" and I am inclined to think that this was not your intent.

If someone comes to you claiming that their religion's main character performed miracles and had these claims supported by their religious text would you believe them? Why are their religious claims false and bizzare and yours aren't? Please don't break my irony meter again, I just got it fixed from the last time.

God's Truth

That you fail to understand how this applies to everyone else but not you speaks volumes.

Who are you to say what I fail to understand?
How do you EVER get that I said it does NOT apply to me?!
You thinking you are above all and even God speaks volumes.

Last edited:

God's Truth

I am a bonafide true believer in Jesus Christ.[/]I have absolutely no doubt that you consider yourself to be a "true believer". Without again trying to change the subject, explain why you are a "true believer" and someone like Cruciform, who has beliefs opposed to your own, equally supported by "scripture", isn't.

The way you wrote this it appears that you are saying that the new testament verifies that you are a "true believer" and I am inclined to think that this was not your intent.

If someone comes to you claiming that their religion's main character performed miracles and had these claims supported by their religious text would you believe them? Why are their religious claims false and bizzare and yours aren't? Please don't break my irony meter again, I just got it fixed from the last time.

What don't you get about there being a way to find out if your beliefs are true or not?