False and Foolish Doctrines and Religions

Robert Pate

Banned
Rather, a very few of the local churches that were founded by Jesus Christ are listed in Revelation 1:11. Try again.

Fact is the Catholic church is NOT one of the churches. As a matter of fact the Catholic church is not even mentioned in the New Testament. Don't you find that a bit strange?

Cruciform

Croc certainly is proud of his church, even though they:

1) Actively place idols in their churches.
False statement.

2) Pray to Mary and the saints.
According to the Church's apostolic teaching.

3) Believe in unbiblical realms such as Purgatory and Limbo.
False statement.

4) Believe there are minor and major sins.

5) Worship a man.(The Pope)...
False statement.

...and call him, "Father."

6) Confess their sins to a Priest.

7) Have a works-based belief system.
False statement.

8) Won't allow their clergy to marry.
False statement.

9) Move known pedophiles around to other
churches.
Non-doctrinal statement.

10.Preach water baptism.

11.Reject the Grace Gospel.
False statement.

Not a very good score, is it. Merely reflects GM's basic ignorance of Catholic beliefs and practices.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
False statement.

False statement.

False statement.

False statement.

False statement.

Non-doctrinal statement.

False statement.

Not a very good score, is it. Merely reflects GM's basic ignorance of Catholic beliefs and practices.

Just another Catholic trying to remain in denial.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey, Cruc, so you have NO idols in your church? You don't worship the Pope? You don't believe in Purgatory or Limbo? In that case, you're not much of a Catholic.

Cruciform

Hey, Cruc, so you have NO idols in your church? You don't worship the Pope? You don't believe in Purgatory or Limbo? In that case, you're not much of a Catholic.
Once again, you place your vast ignorance of Catholic teaching on public display. I'm embarrassed for you, friend. :doh:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This ex-Catholic I know not only spent many years as a Catholic but was part of a Catholic missionary family that was sent to Africa in the name of the Catholic church and they also met with "higher ups" in Rome itself.

Cruciform

Now your acting somewhat like an imbecile. No offense intended. I happen to like/respect complete Imbeciles like yourself.
If the Catholic Church teaches it---has EVER taught it---it will be in the Catechism. If your friend is correct, then you should be able to cite the Catechism on the subject. Let's have it, then. Post your proof.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You might ask: "Why is he calling me an imbecile?" The answer is simple, only an imbecile would ask a non-Catholic such as myself to quote Catholic doctrine. That makes no sense at all.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If the Catholic Church teaches it---has EVER taught it---it will be in the Catechism. If your friend is correct, then you should be able to cite the Catechism on the subject. Let's have it, then. Post your proof.

I'm not a Catholic. I asked you if you were a member of the Body of Christ? I've yet to hear an answer?

Cruciform

...only an imbecile would ask a non-Catholic such as myself to quote Catholic doctrine. That makes no sense at all.[/I]
Then you really have no business spouting opinions about what supposedly constitutes "Catholic doctrine," do you. Clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I provided you with the link to the entire Catechism online. Go ahead and locate your friend's doctrinal claims, and cite the paragraphs here on TOL. Otherwise, you're just talking out of your shorts. Post your proof.

Post #136