ECT Faith + Obedience = Salvation?

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus came and gave the guidelines and rules for the New Covenant.
Jesus is Lord over all and he says his words ARE LIFE and he says if you obey you will have life. That is to everyone.
Here is THE guideline for the new covenant:

Jer 31:31-34 (KJV)
(31:31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This is why you and others try to PERVERT the meaning of "Israel" to suit your incorrect understanding of God's Word.

Shame on you!

glorydaz

Obviously, If GT is saved her being prideful is a "so what" thing, correct? I mean her pride is a non-issue, right? But I wonder, was she prideful before or after she got saved? hmmmm, I wonder? What do you think?

No, I don't think she was prideful before she started preaching her false gospel of works. I think she was lost and without a hope in the world. Now her hope is in keeping commandments....justification by faith has not entered her mind. Therefore, she is still on the wrong side of the cross.

Jerry Shugart

It's why God has offered man the free gift of salvation when he believes in the Lord Jesus Christ. That is real mercy and grace, and that is what He will show in the ages to come.

jsanford believes that it isn't so free because we have to merit for ourselves (and for others) all the graces needed for the attainment of eternal life:

"Since the initiative belongs to God in the order of grace, no one can merit the initial grace of forgiveness and justification, at the beginning of conversion. Moved by the Holy Spirit and by charity, we can then merit for ourselves and for others the graces needed for our sanctification, for the increase of grace and charity, and for the attainment of eternal life. Even temporal goods like health and friendship can be merited in accordance with God's wisdom. These graces and goods are the object of Christian prayer. Prayer attends to the grace we need for meritorious actions" (Catechism of the Catholic Church #2010).​

I guess they are not aware that the Lord Jesus said that those who believe have eternal life:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

glorydaz

Question: If one believes the gospel unto a profession of faith as you do, why the need to repent?

To repent means a change of mind....turning from unbelief to belief is the repentance unto salvation. Some people confuse "godly sorrow" with repentance.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.​

Does the battle with temptation automatically cease upon saying a sinners prayer.

A "sinner's prayer" can mean anything. I've never put much stock in them. But when one is saved, he is created in Christ...a new creature. Sin has no more dominion over him. Temptations will always come, but the "battle" one faces is an unnecessary one once one successfully reckons himself dead to sin. That part can take longer with some than others. It's a matter of asking God to increase our faith. One thing you can trust in is that we are being conformed into the image of the Son...He will perform what He started in us.

I often think of Peter "walking on water" when addressing this issue. Peter was fine until he looked down at the waves, and that's when he started to sink.

What can only sustain that one who desires to "know" God after coming to the cross for His salvation? Who should be the "preacher-teacher" he should listen to after salvation has come to him?

The Spirit within, of course, and the Scripture itself.

Cross Reference

No, I don't think she was prideful before she started preaching her false gospel of works. I think she was lost and without a hope in the world. Now her hope is in keeping commandments....justification by faith has not entered her mind. Therefore, she is still on the wrong side of the cross.

I hear you however, you believe your sins have been justified and you no longer have to be because Jesus did it all thus sheilding you from any penalty for sin. Jesus has forgiven you of your past present and future sins because you cited some type of sinners prayer. Am I wrong about that?

glorydaz

How 'bout he simply "exalts" the Law because it exposes sin for what it is instead of "promoting it" for salvation?

Well, He did magnify it, don't you think? It's even bigger and harder to keep than anyone thought. Jesus said man is judged by the thoughts of his heart not just the deeds done in the body....according to Matt. 5.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If that's true then Jesus didn't die for all sin....only those that fit a certain standard that no man seems to know.

It's why God has offered man the free gift of salvation when he believes in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ died for His elect chosen in Him for redemption before creation. Ephesians 1:4-12

And thus, He does not "freely offer" salvation to all men, but proclaims (Lat: offero) the good news of grace only to those He actually redeemed and calls.

glorydaz

I hear you however, you believe your sins have been justified and you no longer have to be because Jesus did it all thus sheilding you from any penalty for sin. Jesus has forgiven you of your past present and future sins because you cited the sinners prayer. Am I wrong about that?

Well......I know my sins have all been forgiven...past, present, and future. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world....past, present, and future. The only thing separating man from God now is unbelief.

I don't know what you mean by the sinners prayer, but I do know that I was certainly praying when I was saved.

I was up in the loft of our log cabin....having just heard the Gospel preached to me by an old completed Jewish lady up the road. I didn't "cite" anything....I just poured out my heart and the Lord heard me.

God's Truth

I hear you however, you believe your sins have been justified and you no longer have to be because Jesus did it all thus sheilding you from any penalty for sin. Jesus has forgiven you of your past present and future sins because you cited some type of sinners prayer. Am I wrong about that?

You don't even care if she speaks untruths about me. Show me where I do not have faith that Jesus' blood cleans us.

glorydaz

Jesus Christ died for His elect chosen in Him for redemption before creation. Ephesians 1:4-12

And thus, He does not "freely offer" salvation to all men, but proclaims (Lat: offero) the good news of grace only to those He actually redeemed and calls.

That's why so many people call your religion false.

The GOSPEL isn't needed in your world. :nono:

God's Truth

Here is THE guideline for the new covenant:

Jer 31:31-34 (KJV)
(31:31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This is why you and others try to PERVERT the meaning of "Israel" to suit your incorrect understanding of God's Word.

Shame on you!

The covenant will be that Gentiles are included.

Truster

Sins are not justified. Sinners are justified.

God's Truth

Hi and the ACCUSER of the BRETHREN is SATAN himself , in Rev 12:10 and Satan is only ACCUSING Jews as that is SATANS main job is to destroy Jews !!

dan p

The Bible says that Satan ensnares people to do his work. What is Satan's work? Satan's work is to give doctrines from demons, to accuse people and say all kinds of slanderous things to them.

All saved are called brethren.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That's why so many people call your religion false.

The GOSPEL isn't needed in your world. :nono:

What is "needed" in the world, is a 100% efficacious Savior.

Jesus Christ will lose none that the Father gave Him to raise to everlasting life. John 6:39

glorydaz

What is "needed" in the world, is a 100% efficacious Savior.

Jesus Christ will lose none that the Father gave Him to raise to everlasting life. John 6:39

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.