Faith and the Spirit Come By Hearing and Believing the Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
Christ has already saved all sinners, Robert. And that saving act gave us all spiritual life (John 6:51) with which to repent and believe.

Yes, AFTER having been made spiritually alive. NOT BEFORE, as you teach. Repentance is overcoming the evil of impenitence. Believing is overcoming the evil of unbelief. Attached to Christ Who is our life (Col 3:4), we have His Power to overcome evil (Phil 4:13). And overcomers will NOT be blotted out from the book of life.

We are made spiritually alive by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2 also Romans 10:17.

Samie

We are made spiritually alive by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2 also Romans 10:17.
And we're back to square one: Can the dead hear & believe? Looks like NOTHING in those verses speak of being made spiritually alive.

Again, God made us alive TOGETHER with Christ when He resurrected (Eph 2:4-6; Col 2:13). AFTER we are made spiritually alive, only then can we hear and believe.

To be spiritually dead is to be apart from Christ. And apart from Him, Christ said we can do NOTHING. So how can we hear and believe while spiritually dead being yet apart from Christ?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sam, you're leaving out an intricate part of the salvation process, humanities free-will. If you're a Calvinist (which seems to be the case) then, I understand where you're coming from. Calvinists don't believe in humanities free-will. However, there is a myriad of examples of humanities free-will in the Old and New Testament. Calvinists have been indoctrinated to not see those examples, however.

Samie

Sam, you're leaving out an intricate part of the salvation process, humanities free-will.
I don't leave free-will out. We are admonished to Overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21). We can either decide to be overcome by evil or overcome evil with good. That is precisely exercising free-will. And only overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life.
If you're a Calvinist (which seems to be the case) then, I understand where you're coming from. Calvinists don't believe in humanities free-will. However, there is a myriad of examples of humanities free-will in the Old and New Testament. Calvinists have been indoctrinated to not see those examples, however.
I am not a Calvinist. Calvinists don't believe in blotting out of names. They even suspect the existence of the book of life.

Neither am I an Arminian. Arminians believe in a general, but conditional, atonement.

Again, I believe in a general, unconditional, unlimited and actual atonement.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's not what that says.
Here is salvation in a nutshell - first the gospel of our salvation 1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV and 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Romans 10:13 KJV and

Romans 10:17 KJV -

Then by hearing, trusting and believing we (BOC) have salvation that cannot be lost - Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV -

It's all because Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Colossians 1:20 KJV -

beloved57

Here is salvation in a nutshell - first the gospel of our salvation 1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV and 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Romans 10:13 KJV and

Romans 10:17 KJV -

Then by hearing, trusting and believing we (BOC) have salvation that cannot be lost - Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV -

It's all because Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Colossians 1:20 KJV -

Anyone teaching and or agreeing with anyone teaching salvation by works, by what a person does, is a false teacher, an apostate !