Faith and the Spirit Come By Hearing and Believing the Gospel

Samie

Hearing comes first. Nothing happens until you hear the Gospel. When you hear what Christ has done to save you and you believe it and have faith in it, it is then and only then that God gives you the Holy Spirit. God must see you as saved and in Christ before he gives you the Holy Spirit.

This is what Paul meant when he wrote Romans 10:17.
I think there's a need for you to explain how a man while yet spiritually dead is able to hear and believe the gospel.

Christ Himself said that apart from Him, man can do NOTHING (John 15:5). Yet here you are teaching that while NOT in Christ, man can do SOMETHING - he can hear and believe the gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I think there's a need for you to explain how a man while yet spiritually dead is able to hear and believe the gospel.

Christ Himself said that apart from Him, man can do NOTHING (John 15:5). Yet here you are teaching that while NOT in Christ, man can do SOMETHING - he can hear and believe the gospel.

Context is everything. The book of John was written to/for the lost sheep of the House of Israel. It wasn't written to the Gentiles.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why will sin be imputed in the Judgment?

In the judgment people will either be found in Christ or outside of Christ. It will be a judgment of believers and unbelievers. Those that are found to be outside of Christ will have their sins imputed to them and they will be condemned. Those that are in Christ will have the righteousness of Christ imputed to them. Romans 4:5-9.

Robert Pate

Banned

On the day of Pentecost thousands of unbelieving Jews, some of who had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:36, heard the Gospel, believed the Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41,

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In the judgment people will either be found in Christ or outside of Christ. It will be a judgment of believers and unbelievers. Those that are found to be outside of Christ will have their sins imputed to them and they will be condemned. Those that are in Christ will have the righteousness of Christ imputed to them. Romans 4:5-9.

You obviously don't understand the penalty for unrepented sin.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No it doesn't. It just means one is the first one born.

Paul taught that Jesus is the firstborn of the dead.

And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead... (Colossians 1:18)​

Do you believe others will be born of the Spirit as Jesus said?

brewmama

Paul taught that Jesus is the firstborn of the dead.
And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead... (Colossians 1:18)​

Do you believe others will be born of the Spirit as Jesus said?

Yes, but that's beside the point. All I'm saying is that "firstborn" does not necessarily mean that others follow.

Samie

On the day of Pentecost thousands of unbelieving Jews, some of who had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:36, heard the Gospel, believed the Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41,
That does not explain how people while dead can hear and believe the gospel. On the other hand, the fact that people were able to hear and believe is proof enough that they are spiritually alive, having been made alive TOGETHER with Christ in His resurrection.

Samie

Context is everything. The book of John was written to/for the lost sheep of the House of Israel. It wasn't written to the Gentiles.
I don't think so. In the book of John, Jesus said that God so loved the world. Are the Gentiles NOT among those in the world? If they are (and they are!), then the book of John is written for all humans in the world, and that includes the Gentiles, too!

Robert Pate

Banned
That does not explain how people while dead can hear and believe the gospel. On the other hand, the fact that people were able to hear and believe is proof enough that they are spiritually alive, having been made alive TOGETHER with Christ in His resurrection.

There is life in the Gospel message. Hebrews 4:12.

Dead men hear, believe and are born again, 1 Peter 1:23.

Robert Pate

Banned
What if someone doesnt believe that God imputes previously forgiven and destroyed sins back to people? Does that mean that they dont believe the Gospel? An unbeliever? Void of the Holy Spirit?

No, The main thing is that a person has faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
This verse does not say how the dead can hear. If one can hear, then he is alive. He does not hear so he can be alive.

This verse proves my point that people were made alive together with Christ when He resurrected.

No one is made alive in Christ until they receive him as their savior, John 5:24.

Samie

No one is made alive in Christ until they receive him as their savior, John 5:24.
This verse does not say how the dead can hear. In fact, it tells us that people are already alive PRIOR to their believing and hearing.
NKJ John 5:24 " Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

The verse says that he who hears and believes "has passed" NOT "will pass" from death to life.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, but that's beside the point. All I'm saying is that "firstborn" does not necessarily mean that others follow.

By definition firstborn means eldest.

Why do you believe Jesus is the only son of God rather than the firstborn of the dead?