excellent example of MADism:

heir

TOL Subscriber
I thought you said you believed Paul?!

Paul is the minister of the New Covenant! LOLLOLLOL

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
ssssssssssssssssss

That's not the new covenant.

2 Corinthians 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

2 Corinthians 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

2 Corinthians 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

It's the ministration of righteousness/ the righteousness of God without the law revealed in the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16-17 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It (the righteousness of God) is unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). Get saved and you'll have a clue.

God's Truth

ssssssssssssssssss

That's not the new covenant.

2 Corinthians 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

2 Corinthians 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

2 Corinthians 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

It's the ministration of righteousness/ the righteousness of God without the law revealed in the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16-17 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It (the righteousness of God) is unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). Get saved and you'll have a clue.

You didn't disprove anything.

In fact, Paul SAYS PLAINLY that he is a minister of a New Covenant AND HE quotes Jesus speaking of the New Covenant in which he is the minister! lol

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

john w

Hall of Fame
You didn't disprove anything.

In fact, Paul SAYS PLAINLY that he is a minister of a New Covenant AND HE quotes Jesus speaking of the New Covenant in which he is the minister! lol

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

Jesus died for all sins that you repent of.

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.....

RBBI

I don't understand your argument here. You do know that the words "covenant, testament, and will" are all the same word, right???

Jerry Shugart

I don't understand your argument here. You do know that the words "covenant, testament, and will" are all the same word, right???

Both words are translated from the same Greek word (diatheke ) but a Covenant is not the same things as a Testament. The "Testament" referred to is the Last Will and Testament of the Lord Jesus and that testament is the 'good news" or "gospel" of Christ.

Jerry Shugart

In fact, Paul SAYS PLAINLY that he is a minister of a New Covenant AND HE quotes Jesus speaking of the New Covenant in which he is the minister!

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament (diatheke); not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life"
(2 Cor.3:6; KJV).​

When we look at the words describing the New Diatheke (the spirit giveth life ) we can understand that the ministry in question is preaching the gospel. That is the ministry which Paul speaks of here:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God"
(Acts 20:24).​

John Calvin certainly understood that Paul was speaking of the ministry to preach the gospel, writing the following:

"'Not of the letter but of the spirit'...There is, however, no doubt, that by the term 'letter,' he means the Old Testament, as by the term 'spirit' he means the gospel; for, after having called himself a 'minister of the New Testament,' he immediately adds, by way of exposition, that he is a 'minister of the spirit,' and contrasts the letter with the spirit" [emphasis added] (John Calvin, Commentary on Corinthians - Volume 2, Christian Classics Ethereal Library).​

In the Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary we read the following remarks on 2 Corinthians 3:6:

"spirit giveth life--The spirit of the Gospel when brought home to the heart by the Holy Spirit, gives new spiritual life to a man (Ro 6:4, 11)" (emphasis added) (Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary, Commentary at 2 Corinthians 3:6).

Therefore, we can understand that when Paul uses the word diatheke at 2 Corinthians 3:6 the meaning of that word is the "gospel."

God's Truth

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament (diatheke); not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life"
(2 Cor.3:6; KJV).​

When we look at the words describing the New Diatheke (the spirit giveth life ) we can understand that the ministry in question is preaching the gospel. That is the ministry which Paul speaks of here:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God"
(Acts 20:24).​

John Calvin certainly understood that Paul was speaking of the ministry to preach the gospel, writing the following:

"'Not of the letter but of the spirit'...There is, however, no doubt, that by the term 'letter,' he means the Old Testament, as by the term 'spirit' he means the gospel; for, after having called himself a 'minister of the New Testament,' he immediately adds, by way of exposition, that he is a 'minister of the spirit,' and contrasts the letter with the spirit" [emphasis added] (John Calvin, Commentary on Corinthians - Volume 2, Christian Classics Ethereal Library).​

In the Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary we read the following remarks on 2 Corinthians 3:6:

"spirit giveth life--The spirit of the Gospel when brought home to the heart by the Holy Spirit, gives new spiritual life to a man (Ro 6:4, 11)" (emphasis added) (Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary, Commentary at 2 Corinthians 3:6).

Therefore, we can understand that when Paul uses the word diatheke at 2 Corinthians 3:6 the meaning of that word is the "gospel."

Did you post because you agree?

It is the same gospel that Jesus preached.

God's Truth

Both words are translated from the same Greek word (diatheke ) but a Covenant is not the same things as a Testament. The "Testament" referred to is the Last Will and Testament of the Lord Jesus and that testament is the 'good news" or "gospel" of Christ.

The New Testament means the New Covenant.

The Old Testament means Old Covenant.

clefty

Made up:

1 Peter 1 KJV

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,...

John 7
35 Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

James 1
1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

All this stretching distortion and twisting to imply that when Peter said better to not have heard the holy commandment at all than to fall away from it...he was referring to Jews...and thus by comparing them to dogs returning to its vomit you would have him mean that Jews return to the Law as if it was vomit...

Nice work...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

yes the good news is that God has established a new covenant based on better promises.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
All this stretching distortion and twisting to imply that when Peter said better to not have heard the holy commandment and than to fall away from it...he was referring to Jews...and thus by comparing them to dogs returning to its vomit you would have him mean that Jews return to the Law as if it was vomit...

Nice work...

Nice sound byte, as I gave you chapter and verse, in which to soak your head, to whom the Hebrew epistle, Peter espistles, was written, oand what do we get from you?In coherent babbling, muttering, grunts, snorts, emotional drulings, and irrelevancy.

Sit, as you are beginning to bore me, like most of TOL...My evidence? You are here on TOL for almost 3 years, 2000 posts, and your page..

This page has had 48* visits

Make that 49-I just visited your dust town.

john w

Hall of Fame
Just because Judas preached the gospel and was bad does not mean the gospel is bad and or different.

Catch that drunken,demonic, incoherent mumbling, TOL? The Galatians 1 preverter asserts that Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, which is made up, and a satanic assertion

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Catch that drunken,demonic, incoherent mumbling, TOL? The Galatians 1 preverter asserts that Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, which is made up, and a satanic assertion

Hi Judas,

Judas and John preached the good news that the Kingdom of God would soon come.

Men were pressing into it--

Luk 16:16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.

LA