Eliminating Dispensationalism

ClimateSanity

Shalom.

I am listening to the radio. I am prepared for the Sabbath already. It sounds like you make fun of people who obey God's commands. You should stop doing that, and repent to God about it, and enjoy obeying God's commands, as He made them to glorify Himself and for our good. Enjoy the Sabbath. Do not delight in sinning.

Shalom.

Jacob
Obeying God isn't about following a list of commands that you don't even understand.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Shalom.

I do not know why you say this.

I read, study, observe, and teach Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

Because it doesn't respond to what I said.

Don't bother. There's no evidence you're capable of engaging in the only discussion I'm willing to have with you and I'm not going to waste any more of my time with trying.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Don't bother. There's no evidence you're capable of engaging in the only discussion I'm willing to have with you and I'm not going to waste any more of my time with trying.
Shalom.

I do not know what discussion you are talking about. Do not fear not wasting your time. You do not need to post at all. God bless you for your time.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

I am listening to the radio. I am prepared for the Sabbath already. It sounds like you make fun of people who obey God's commands. You should stop doing that, and repent to God about it, and enjoy obeying God's commands, as He made them to glorify Himself and for our good. Enjoy the Sabbath. Do not delight in sinning.

Shalom.

Jacob

You, who willingly put yourself under the yoke of bondage, have no business judging me, as I have been delivered from the law. You have fallen into the same trap the Pharisees were under...the sin of pride....that is what the law does to those who claim they adhere to it.

glorydaz

Shalom.

Correct. You should obey God's commands, and if you do not understand you should learn or ask.

Shalom.

Jacob

When you became a Jew, you fell into the same trap as the Pharisees fell into. Ignorance of God's righteousness..and the temptation to seek it through their own efforts. Enjoy your Sabbath and all the preparations you had to undertake to keep it. Thank God you are not like those other men. :chew:

Romans 10:1-3
Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
When you became a Jew, you fell into the same trap as the Pharisees fell into. Ignorance of God's righteousness..and the temptation to seek it through their own efforts. Enjoy your Sabbath and all the preparations you had to undertake to keep it. Thank God you are not like those other men. :chew:

Romans 10:1-3
Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

You're startin' to sound like Peter.

What will this man do?

;)

beameup

Shalom.

I do not know where you are coming up with what you are saying. The scriptures that you referenced here have either the word stewardship or administration, not dispensation as the dispensationalist would like. See the New American Standard Bible. Even so, the word dispensation would not imply or infer dispensationalism as some might have suggested.

Paul taught oikonomia, are you suggesting that Paul was teaching false doctrine?

Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: - Ephesians 2:11-12

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. - Ephesians 2:13

That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. - Ephesians 2:7

Some examples:
Past - "in time past"
Present - "but now"
Future - "in the ages to come"

musterion

The whole thread, esp. the title, is just argument bait. Hopefully now everyone will know to ignore this troll permanently.

musterion

From a comment on master Trolling tactics.

And constantly tell them they’re making no sense.

Except in that context, the person recommends it as a way to make undesirable people on the internet stop talking to you.

But "Jacob" starts these inflammatory threads, then uses that tactic.

Then when you really did ignore him, he started bombarding you with private messages until he got banned.

He's either a very patient and deliberate jerk, or he's very sick in the head.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

So that chick looks for opportunities to play dumb in her interactions with men and then uses those occasions as proof that men treat women like they're stupid.

I wonder how fast she'd be to pretend like she doesn't understand what confirmation bias is?

And, in keeping with the reason you posted the link, I wonder if Jacob understands what confirmation bias is and, if so, how to combat it.

Clete

musterion

So that chick looks for opportunities to play dumb in her interactions with men and then uses those occasions as proof that men treat women like they're stupid.

I wonder how fast she'd be to pretend like she doesn't understand what confirmation bias is?

I wonder how long she's been single.

And, in keeping with the reason you posted the link, I wonder if Jacob understands what confirmation bias is and, if so, how to combat it.

Clete

I bet he's aware of much more than he lets on.