Eliminating Dispensationalism

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's a good start.

I too was a Dispensationalist for 25 years.

Dispensationalism is a false teaching that didn't exist before John Nelson Darby invented it in 1830.
Shalom.

I was about 25 when I objected to a sermon on Matthew 5:17-20.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, that is why you believe the law of Moses is still in place (every jot and tittle)?

Driving Israel to jealousy.

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Unlike the preterists the dispensationalists are not able to trick their mind into believing that these things have already happened:

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved...Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness"
(2 Pet.3:10-11, 13).​

The word "elements" doesn't mean what you think it means:

(Galatians 4:3) Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

(Galatians 4:9) But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Driving Israel to jealousy.

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.

That doesn't solve your Matt 5 problem.

Matt 5 makes it clear that the Law of Moses is in place until the heavens and earth pass away.

So, that leaves you two choices:

1) The law is still in place
2) The heavens and earth passed away, and the law is no longer in place

musterion

Shalom.

I did not refer to myself as a dispie. I am trying to understand you.

You said you were a dispensationalist. I call them (myself) dispie for short. It's just to save on typing.

Jesus died for you that your sins would be forgiven and that you would be granted the free gift of eternal life.

Be clear here. What exactly were you told to do about His death? How were you told to obtain forgiveness of your sins and get eternal life?

john w

Hall of Fame
Dispensationalism is a false teaching that didn't exist before John Nelson Darby invented it in 1830.
That is a lie, you habitual liar.

" That's not my argument.
I have never said that dispensationalism was "wrong" because of how old it was. I specifically said that no one taught about Christ coming back twice before Darby did."-Tet.

I never said it was wrong for how old it is.”-Tet.

"No matter how hard you try, you can't take away the fact that dispensationalism was invented by John Nelson Darby in the mid 1800's...Why are most dispensationalists afraid and/or embarrassed to acknowledge that Darby invented what they believe?"-Deceiver Tet.

"My argument is that if there is not one single trace of something for 1,800+ years by anyone, then it was invented.”-Tet.

"... Deep down you know that your belief system has only been around for not even 50 years, and that it was "developed" by men..."-con artist Partial Preterist Soddy Tet.

"...Your false teachings of men is a false teaching since there is not one trace of it in the first three centuries. None of the early church fathers taught your theory, its only about 50 years old."-con artist Partial Preterist Soddy Tet.

"MAD didn't exist until the mid 1800's"-con artist Partial Preterist Soddy Tet."

You filtly little liar...Craigie, the weasel, the habitual liar of TOL, and deceiver. He will not address this above, on record, lie-he is so obsessed with MAD, and has a "man" crush on me, he will lie on any subject.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You said you were a dispensationalist. I call them (myself) dispie for short. It's just to save on typing.

Be clear here. What exactly were you told to do about His death? How were you told to obtain forgiveness of your sins and get eternal life?
Shalom.

I can give you an answer, but I do not know what you are talking about. That is, I do not know who your "they" is. I do not know who, if anyone, told me how to be saved or get eternal life. Have you confessed your sins to God and Jesus as Lord?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's a good start.

I too was a Dispensationalist for 25 years.

Shalom.

Unless it was the opinion of the early church or something else. I do not believe that it was.

Shalom.

Jacob