Eliminating Dispensationalism

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What is "the Day of the Lord"?
What is "the Time of Jacob's Trouble"?
Shalom.

I do not know. You have two questions here. How people relate them to each other CAN be or bring trouble.

Many scriptures refer to or speak of the day of the LORD. Do they all refer to the same thing? I have been to Ecola Bible School, in Cannon Beach, Oregon, and also this has come up afterward. There was a class I took where we talked about the day of the LORD. I do not have my notes.

Also, with the time of Jacob's trouble, I also do not know.

The ideas that we have about these are wrong if they are not correct.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

Okay. I hope that you will understand and change your view, or not have one, if you are persuaded. But I am not trying to persuade you. The point is that I recognize that you can change and that you are not locked into what you are thinking, maybe not even ever. When you say "we" you include others with you, which makes things extremely more difficult for you.

Shalom.

Jacob

No, that "we" are all the members of the body of Christ. We are those saved by Grace through faith. We are those who have believed and accepted the free Gift God has offered to all men. It's a Gift. While the wages of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life. Man can search and search and try to keep all the laws, he can work and work and try to please God....all to no avail. Because, if man does not receive the Gift God has freely offered, he rejects God's Mercy. He rejects God's Grace. He doesn't believe what the Gospel has made clear. You can't say you haven't heard it. You have. You've been told over and over again. You just think it can't possibly be that easy.

Your biggest problem is accepting the fact that our Lord Jesus Christ is God. That He is the only Saviour any man will ever have. That He created all things. God came down from heaven and dwelt among us...He went to the cross so that we could have life. You can't claim He is a lesser God...not the High God. Until you see that, you'll miss the truth of the Gospel entirely.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, that "we" are all the members of the body of Christ. We are those saved by Grace through faith. We are those who have believed and accepted the free Gift God has offered to all men. It's a Gift. While the wages of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life. Man can search and search and try to keep all the laws, he can work and work and try to please God....all to no avail. Because, if man does not receive the Gift God has freely offered, he rejects God's Mercy. He rejects God's Grace. He doesn't believe what the Gospel has made clear. You can't say you haven't heard it. You have. You've been told over and over again. You just think it can't possibly be that easy.

Your biggest problem is accepting the fact that our Lord Jesus Christ is God. That He is the only Saviour any man will ever have. That He created all things. God came down from heaven and dwelt among us...He went to the cross so that we could have life. You can't claim He is a lesser God...not the High God. Until you see that, you'll miss the truth of the Gospel entirely.
Shalom.

I cannot accept what you are saying, either your position or stance or what you are here against, taking a stand against.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Many scriptures refer to or speak of the day of the LORD. Do they all refer to the same thing? The ideas that we have about these are wrong if they are not correct.

Shalom.

Jacob
That depends on whether you believe the Holy Spirit wrote the Tanakh. And further, that the Holy Spirit is wise in what He wrote. Additionally, that this "wisdom" leads the reader to follow certain key words and phrases for the reader to follow. An example would be the "day of the LORD".

Perhaps you don't have access to a concordance that can search for words and phrases?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That depends on whether you believe the Holy Spirit wrote the Tanakh. And further, that the Holy Spirit is wise in what He wrote. Additionally, that this "wisdom" leads the reader to follow certain key words and phrases for the reader to follow. An example would be the "day of the LORD".

Perhaps you don't have access to a concordance that can search for words and phrases?
Shalom.

No. I have done that before. The way that a person sees a particular verse may not always be the same.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Shalom.

No. I have done that before. The way that a person sees a particular verse may not always be the same.

Shalom.

Jacob

Do you believe that the Holy Spirit reveals things to believers through His Tanakh?
Have you copied every verse on the topic "day of the LORD" for comparison and
collated them together to get an overall "picture" concerning this "day of the LORD" event?

Interplanner

Tonight I heard the Bible Project (the graphic/animated summaries) on the kingdom of God from Isaiah to Luke. It was pretty good. The expectation is that something like God reigning from Jerusalem would come, but obviously in another sense in what Jesus said when it came.

One odd bit: the cynical crowning with thorns and the lifting Christ up on the crossbar was called the enthronement. Paradoxical, yes, but I don't know why they did the crucifixion when the resurrection is called the enthronement in Acts 2:30+ and is a bit of a happier outcome. And it is said to be what David foresaw on his throne.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Tonight I heard the Bible Project (the graphic/animated summaries) on the kingdom of God from Isaiah to Luke. It was pretty good. The expectation is that something like God reigning from Jerusalem would come, but obviously in another sense in what Jesus said when it came.

One odd bit: the cynical crowning with thorns and the lifting Christ up on the crossbar was called the enthronement. Paradoxical, yes, but I don't know why they did the crucifixion when the resurrection is called the enthronement in Acts 2:30+ and is a bit of a happier outcome. And it is said to be what David foresaw on his throne.

Both wrong!

beameup

There are numerous "the Day of the Lord" in the Bible.

Each one is judgement.

Care to characterize them for us... like a "timeline" or related circumstances?
A Boolean search would work quite well for you to better explain to us
THE Day of the LORD [YHWH]

musterion

So long

I cannot understand what you are saying, either you are trying to say something, or you are just pretending to say something.

So long

Resembles trolling, doesn't it.

Converses...feeds out line...converses some more...more line...gets put in a corner, suddenly goes dumb, suddenly has no idea what you have been saying. Then...reset line, start over...repeat process...

Shalom...blessings...good day...all the same.

Yet he, like others, insists he was a dispie once upon a time without being able to say much about it, like the others.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Shalom.

Thank you for your response. You are correct that I am dealing with something that I have already rejected. That is, Dispensationalism.

Shalom.

Jacob

This is the sort of unresponsive stupidity that landed you on my ignore list several months ago. What kind of conversation is possible if this is how you're going to respond?

You're clearly not interested in any real examination of your beliefs and I coulbn't care less what you reject or how or why.

Good bye.

This entire website is turning out to be a waste of my time. Almost no one has one ounce of intellectual honesty.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tet's only argument.

E. W. Bullinger invented...Bullinger

E.W. Bullinger...John Nelson Darby....Darby...Darby and Bullinger ...Darbyites and Bullingerites

Darby and Bullinger.

Darby and Bullinger

Darby and Bullinger.

Darby and Bullinger

Darby and/or Bullinger
...Darby....Darby

Darby and Bullinger...Darby's and Bullinger's ...Darby and Bullinger.

John Nelson Darby/E. W. Bullinger

John Nelson Darby and E. W. Bullinger... Darby/Bullinger

E. W. Bullinger... Bullinger ...Bullinger's ...Bullinger

John Nelson Darby and E. W. Bullinger... Bullinger ...Darby and Bullinger...Darby and Bullinger.

Darby and Bullinger...Darby and Bullinger

John Nelson Darby/ E.W. Bullinger ...Darby & Bullinger

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Care to characterize them for us... like a "timeline" or related circumstances?
A Boolean search would work quite well for you to better explain to us
THE Day of the LORD [YHWH]

(Isaiah 13:6) Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

In the above verse, the Day of the Lord refers to the judgement against Babylon that took place in the 7th century BC.

The judgement against Babylon was carried out by the Medes.

In Isaiah 34 the Day of the Lord is judgment against Edom. In Jer 46 the Day of the Lord is judgment against Egypt.

However, most Day of the Lord's refer to the judgment against Judaea that took place in 70AD that was carried out by the Romans.

beameup

(Isaiah 13:6) Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

In the above verse, the Day of the Lord refers to the judgement against Babylon that took place in the 7th century BC.

The judgement against Babylon was carried out by the Medes.

In Isaiah 34 the Day of the Lord is judgment against Edom. In Jer 46 the Day of the Lord is judgment against Egypt.

However, most Day of the Lord's refer to the judgment against Judaea that took place in 70AD that was carried out by the Romans.

How very 4th century "Catholic" of you.
I forgot, was it Augustine or Origen that "cooked-up" preterism?

Constantine would have seriously disapproved of "literalism" as he was THE Holy Roman Emperor of God's Kingdom on Earth.