Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Arthur Brain

I am not going to engage the topic as it is beyond the bounds of orthodoxy.

I responded to you on the matter of reconciliation on two separate occasions. If you are seeking to use the topic as a means for universalism, again, I do not engage the entrenched on contrary matters of orthodoxy. Please review the linked content I have provided about the topic of annihilationism.

Usually, only didactic Scripture is self-explanatory. The rest require exegetical effort.

AMR

Er, you're not entrenched yourself?

:AMR:

Arthur Brain

If Calvinism is true, whether my children are raised according to scripture has nothing to do with their salvation. And if Calvinism is true, whether my children are raised according to scripture or not has nothing to do with my will, it was decreed from before the beginning of the world. If they aren't raised according to scripture it's God's fault for he knew and planned it all according to his will. If they are damned then the credit also goes to God for that as well, for he would have it no other way.

Exactly. If your kids haven't been chosen to be part of this 'elect' then it would make no difference whether you read the bible to them every day or let them play 'grand theft auto' until their brains melted. No matter how much you loved and cared for them it wouldn't matter ultimately because they were already destined to rot at the sovereign will of God.

Still, at least if people's kids are reprobates you'll be helping to load burning coals on their heads by witnessing to them...

:plain:

Arthur Brain

It seems universal reconciliation is being put off as if not biblical so I would like to go over some of it.

Colossians 1: -15-16-17-18-19-20

Colossians: 1. 15. Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17. And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20. And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

1 Corinthians: 15. 21. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

1 Corinthians: 15. 51. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Ephesians: 1. 9. Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10. That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

1 Timothy: 2. 1. I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2. For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6. Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy: 4. 9. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. 10. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. 11. These things command and teach.

I thinks that's enough for now.

As far as annihilationism is concerned; I referenced this link as simple showing mistranslated or misinterpreted texts isn't going to do it justice, especially since some think I don't know what I'm talking about.

Here's the link http://reknew.org/2008/01/the-case-for-annihilationism/

Pretty interesting, even to Calvinists surely.

At least those without bias and misplaced pride. (not saying any here are that way, just compelling evidence in my opinion.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

It is compelling. What's more it depicts a god who has more power and love than one who creates, wills things to happen but can't fulfill that will, or one who deliberately creates beings with the purpose of sending them somewhere to eternally rot IMO.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Er, you're not entrenched yourself?
I am quite entrenched when it comes to matters of Christian orthodoxy if and until the case can be made that such matters are not warranted from Scripture.

Beware the minority opinion. It tickles the itching ears and appeals to one's pride thinking that one has discovered some new truths heretofore unexamined by the church militant. There really isn't something new under the sun, despite one's pride in thinking so.

So feel free to take my own advice and not engage me directly. ;)

AMR

Brother Ducky

TulipBee has already determined that I am not among this secret elect. Although you claim that Calvinists do not believe they can know who is elect and who is not, in practicality Calvinists usually believe that Calvinists are among the elect, and non-Calvinists (whom they call Arminians) are not.

My observation is that non-Calvinists are a lot more likely to condemn those who do not agree with them to the fires of Hell than Calvinists. We might think you are incorrect regarding predestination, but most would not hold that one's view is a matter of salvation. Couple of exceptions, but you should not judge the many by the few.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
BroDuck, The problem is, Calvinists follow "Another gospel," believe in false doctrine, and don't seem to worship the God of the Bible. Calvinists follow after a "man-made" god created by Calvin and his ilk.

Brother Ducky

The Lake of Fire will be the eternal place of punishment for those whose names are not written in the Lamb's book of life and rejected God's only salvation which was through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Salvation was available to those who are condemned, however, they didn't receive it through faith.

If you don't like my analogy, create your own, but, I'm sure you get the gist.

To draw a very simple analogy: A company pays for the Health Insurance of all its employees, however, some will not take advantage of the free insurance, for whatever the reason. The insurance was there for them, but, they never accepted its availability.

So Hell is populated with sinless people?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So Hell is populated with sinless people?

Like I already explained to you (you really need to try and keep up as AMR says) Christ made available forgiveness of sins, eternal life and the righteousness of Jesus Christ to those who hear the Gospel and place their faith in Christ as their Savior. The sins of all humanity were paid for. However, only those who place their faith in Christ will reap the benefits. Understand?

Arthur Brain

I am quite entrenched when it comes to matters of Christian orthodoxy if and until the case can be made that such matters are not warranted from Scripture.

Beware the minority opinion. It tickles the itching ears and appeals to one's pride thinking that one has discovered some new truths heretofore unexamined by the church militant. There really isn't something new under the sun, despite one's pride in thinking so.

So feel free to take my own advice and not engage me directly. ;)

AMR

The irony in this is all you've done is show your own pride. Your rigid adherence to your reformed theology blinds you to anything outside of it. Pride had nothing whatsoever to do with it when I starting questioning doctrines of 'hell', absolutely nothing. Life would have been a fair bit easier at the time if I'd just blindly accepted it and ignored the pangs of my conscience FYI.

That you won't even entertain anything outside of "orthodoxy" (and btw, Calvinism is hardly the majority view in the church) then your own stubbornness is your obstacle.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The irony in this is all you've done is show your own pride. Your rigid adherence to your reformed theology blinds you to anything outside of it. Pride had nothing whatsoever to do with it when I starting questioning doctrines of 'hell', absolutely nothing. Life would have been a fair bit easier at the time if I'd just blindly accepted it and ignored the pangs of my conscience FYI.

That you won't even entertain anything outside of "orthodoxy" (and btw, Calvinism is hardly the majority view in the church) then your own stubbornness is your obstacle.

You're quite right. Calvinism isn't accepted by all who call themselves Christians.

Brother Ducky

Like I already explained to you (you really need to try and keep up as AMR says) Christ made available forgiveness of sins, eternal life and the righteousness of Jesus Christ to those who hear the Gospel and place their faith in Christ as their Savior. The sins of all humanity were paid for. However, only those who place their faith in Christ will reap the benefits. Understand?

Some here insist that Christ has taken all sin onto himself.

Most of those would also insist that some will go to hell.

The question remains: Is hell populated with sinless people?
Seems to be a simple yes or no kind of a question to me.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Some here insist that Christ has taken all sin onto himself.

Most of those would also insist that some will go to hell.

The question remains: Is hell populated with sinless people?
Seems to be a simple yes or no kind of a question to me.

I've explained it to the best of my ability, the understanding of it is up to you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Every man, woman, and child that ever lived on planet earth had their sins paid for at the cross 2000 years ago. However, in order to reap the benefits of that "Sacrifice" one must place ALL their faith in Christ as their Savior. There's a choice to be made. (A decision in everyone's life) God demands faith, He always has. (Both Old and New Testament) It's always been of faith. If one rejects God's offer of eternal life, forgiveness of sins, and the righteousness of Christ, then, they will not reap the benefits of Christ's death and resurrection. Remember, Abraham (A Gentile) believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness. Genesis 15:6 "And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness." So, from Genesis on, it's always been by faith. Where does one acquire faith? Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." If you desire faith you'll find it in the written word of God.