Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Don't get me wrong, AMR is articulate, intelligent, well-learned, and totally serving "Another gospel and another god." Sigh--

I don't have to prove it, however, I do have to believe it.

I disagree that AMR preaches another gospel. The differences are that he believes it unavailable to everyone. The method and nature of salvation (the gospel of salvation) however is the same.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The Holy Spirit guides us to the Gospel, however, the choice is ours to accept or reject the Gospel. Because of our Free will.

Which is what i said, we would never seek the truth if we were not first convicted of our sin and need for Christ via the Spirit of God.

John 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin and need for salvation“Concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged” John 16:9–11.

See this article which explains this issue well: http://www.gotquestions.org/convict-world-sin-righteousness-judgment.html

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Here's a question for everyone (no matter what doctrine you hold) .....

Is it possible for a saved person to teach/preach anything contrary to the true meaning of scripture?

That's a very good question. Right off hand, I'd say it's possible for a saved person to misunderstand a verse of Scripture, however, they wouldn't be preaching /teaching something contrary to the Gospel and all its necessary fundamentals. I've found verses in the Old and New Testament that I didn't understand. So, if I didn't have a clear understanding of it, I wouldn't teach my opinion as dogmatic. I'd have to say: I think it means or it may mean? It would be totally speculative on my part.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Which is what i said, we would never seek the truth if we were not first convicted of our sin and need for Christ via the Spirit of God.

John 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin and need for salvation“Concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged” John 16:9–11.

See this article which explains this issue well: http://www.gotquestions.org/convict-world-sin-righteousness-judgment.html

When I was 12 years old I asked my Mom if we were going to go to Hell? We weren't a religious family. Within a few months or so after asking that question, our family was introduced to the Grace Gospel and all of us got saved. I think the Holy Spirit put that question in my mind. I was seeking and I found.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's a very good question. Right off hand, I'd say it's possible for a saved person to misunderstand a verse of Scripture, however, they wouldn't be preaching /teaching something contrary to the Gospel and all its necessary fundamentals. I've found verses in the Old and New Testament that I didn't understand. So, if I didn't have a clear understanding of it, I wouldn't teach my opinion as dogmatic. I'd have to say: I think it means or it may mean? It would be totally speculative on my part.
Hold on to that answer.
I'm gonna make a poll thread about it to see what most here think.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
14192719_10207277828250790_4760660522576095915_n.jpg

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
We don't always have that assured feeling but we are prone to walking according to what we see and feel (even after being saved). I believe...help Thou my unbelief.

It's worse than just missing a feeling. The fact is you do not know with certainty that you're saved at all until you pass through the Pearly Gates.

And it isn't that you're prone to walk according to what you see and feel, you're forced to do so because your doctrine says that salvation is an arbitrarily decided process that you had absolutely nothing to do with and have no way of knowing anything about. There's nothing at all for you to go on except what you see and feel.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's worse than just missing a feeling. The fact is you do not know with certainty that you're saved at all until you pass through the Pearly Gates.

And it isn't that you're prone to walk according to what you see and feel, you're forced to do so because your doctrine says that salvation is an arbitrarily decided process that you had absolutely nothing to do with and have no way of knowing anything about. There's nothing at all for you to go on except what you see and feel.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Good post