Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Luther and Calvin held to infant baptism- the only one's who do not are fundies who mostly find no problem nonetheless with baptizing twelve year olds, as if it's really appropriate even then according to their ideology :wave2:

There's only one baptism today and that is when the Holy Spirit baptizes a believer into the Body of Christ.

marhig

Yet the Christ can still be the Alpha (first born) and the Omega( the final judge of all) without being considered the coeternal utter fullness of GOD and man.

The Holy Spirit that filled the Christ, Jesus was the first creation and all other creation was of that spirit which is GOD. GOD also appointed the Christ as the final judge and that same spirit is the Omega.

Is that nonsense or deemed heretical by the orthodox Christian?

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
Pops that's a great post, :) I have more to say about that, but I totally agree with you, I'm cleaning. And my phone keeps beeping so I'll have to put it on silent, or I'll never be off here :-D

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There's only one baptism today and that is when the Holy Spirit baptizes a believer into the Body of Christ.

Which the Holy Spirit does through water baptism, so I guess that sort of narrows it down a bit where the Spirit is working :plain:

You all go through your life indifferent about your neighbors, spoiled by vanity, and suffer major cognitive dissonance when it comes to patriotism and religion. I think that you all are the reason why God kept His people away in the first place, and didn't magically happen by and say it is all now warranted.

MADism is precariously placed in convenience- you all are going to just be whisked away from danger and never mind that the danger is in part caused by your own follies..

It's MADness :plain:

Rosenritter

I have to disagree, to me when Paul says that God is the head of Christ, he means just that, and when Jesus says that God is his God, he means just that, and when the apostles say that God is the God of Jesus Christ they means just that.

But, I wouldn't judge another person regardless, only God can judge any of us.

If there was someone who believed in the trinity, yet their heart was wrong and they loved their life in the flesh, putting themselves first before God. Then you had someone else who doesn't believe in the trinity. But is humble, has truly repented, follows Jesus, has faith and loves God with all their heart, living to do his will. Which one would be more justified before God? (Also it's the same vice versa).

Then take all those from all denominations who, through Christ have faith, who are walking in the spirit, who are truly living by the will of God and love him from their hearts, those who are trying to deny themselves and are turning from sin and obeying God and Christ, and you have the body of Christ. They are those who the have the spirit of Christ in and through them who are worshipping God in spirit and truth, who are doers of the word not hearers only. It's not what denomination we are in, it's the heart that counts.

I believe that God looks at the heart and he knows who are truly his.

1 John 4

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Romans 10

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved

Acts 16

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

1 John 5

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

I believe in all the above verses, nowhere in the Bible does it say that i must believe that Jesus is God, or That I must believe in the trinity to belong to God.

And I do believe that Jesus is the Christ, and that he is the son of God and I believe in my heart that God has raised him from the dead.

Jesus said life eternal is this, to know the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom he has sent. And I believe him and i do know them, and I believe that God will judge me on what I have heard and by what I do in relation to that, and in how treat others and in how I live before him.

I can agree with that. Above all things, love is first and most important, more important than doctrine. Paul says as much to the Corinthians. But to know God you must know Jesus Christ whom he has sent, and the significance of that is that to know Christ is to truly know God. If you cannot somehow make the obvious connection, like the way the DC universe can't quite figure out that Superman is Clark Kent, I believe that is forgivable. It does say that all sins can be forgiven, save blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Mat 12:31-32 KJV
(31) Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
(32) And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Is an honest mistake as of who the Son of Man was (and is, and is to come) blasphemy? Is it accusation of the undeniable power and being of God and assigning it to devils? I don't think that it is. But I'm not appealing on the basis of "subscribe or be tortured" but rather on the love of truth.

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@popsthebuilder

If I have questions would it be naive of me to even come to you for unbiased answers or would I be better off using Google?
I have always made it my habit to answer honestly asked questions. Feel free to ask. Google is not the optimum means at all.

AMR

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Which the Holy Spirit does through water baptism, so I guess that sort of narrows it down a bit where the Spirit is working :plain:

You all go through your life indifferent about your neighbors, spoiled by vanity, and suffer major cognitive dissonance when it comes to patriotism and religion. I think that you all are the reason why God kept His people away in the first place, and didn't magically happen by and say it is all now warranted.

MADism is precariously placed in convenience- you all are going to just be whisked away from danger and never mind that the danger is in part caused by your own follies..

It's MADness :plain:

:chuckle:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Watch your language.

'Damn' is not profanity. I thought we were all adults.
But then again, raptures are straight out of Neverland :idunno:

Stop acting like a hurt school girl- you all have made a thousand threads bashing Calvinism with all manners of shameless dishonesty and consistent 'pea shooting' everything one can muster.

The least one could do is actually acknowledge the points of a post, and you all can't even do that- you all labor under purposeful ignorance, and it got old a long time ago with all that malarkey that comes out of your mouths on the side.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Stop acting like a hurt school girl- you all have made a thousand threads bashing Calvinism with all manners of shameless dishonesty and consistent 'pea shooting' everything one can muster.

The least one could do is actually acknowledge the points of a post, and you all can't even do that- you all labor under purposeful ignorance, and it got old a long time ago with all that malarkey that comes out of your mouths on the side.
1 John 2:2 KJV -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, it is pretty funny watching the very most vain people on the planet have such a ridiculously convenient idea of their salvation :rolleyes:

I'm right there laughing with you.
You're a woman hater that has a more convenient form of salvation. The totally false idea of being chosen and basically shaming Christ's work for all people. :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

:chuckle:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You're a woman hater that has a more convenient form of salvation. The totally false idea of being chosen and basically shaming Christ's work for all people. :chuckle:

'Woman hater' :chuckle:
I'm 28 years old, and am less affected by the current state of liberal bias then others in their 40's. No doubt, it has a lot to do with men advocating feminist philosophy as a way to adore their wife.

Which is diametrically opposed to anything biblical. I find it particularly odd that men are pretty much being controlled by college students, as that is where you all's Stockholm's syndrome comes from- young girls making you submit to what they want :AMR:

And
You show how much you grossly misunderstand Calvinism, because EVERY Christian is confident in being of the elect. What Calvinism teaches is that it is ultimately God who brings people within His grace, not the other way around.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm going to prove to you that Jesus is God. This will be more than a mere biblical argument, it will be a biblical PROOF.
We'll then see where your rejection of Jesus' diety is rooted....

The bible CLEARLY states that Jesus created the Universe and everything in it.

Colossians 1:15 He [Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For BY Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

John 1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own[d] did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Isaiah 45:Truly You are God, who hide Yourself,
O God of Israel, the Savior!
16 They shall be ashamed
And also disgraced, all of them;
They shall go in confusion together,
Who are makers of idols.
17 But Israel shall be saved by the Lord
With an everlasting salvation;
You shall not be ashamed or disgraced
Forever and ever.

18 For thus says the Lord,
Who created the heavens,
Who is God,
Who formed the earth and made it,
Who has established it,
Who did not create it in vain,
Who formed it to be inhabited:
“I am the Lord, and there is no other.

The bible teaches two undeniable things...

1. That God created the universe.
2. That Jesus created the universe.

If Jesus is the Creator, He is God. Like it or lump it.
If you deny it, its for reasons other than an allegiance to God's word and a willingness to submit yourself to its clear teaching.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Rev.chs 4 and 5 prove you wrong.

as does Heb.ch s 1 and 2.

You are reading something into the text which is not there.

LA