Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

marhig

Nowhere in the bible does it say you obey Jesus.

Doesn't it? It's right through the Bible to obey God and it's in the new testament to obey Jesus!

John 14

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

Jesus answered and said unto him, if a man love me, he will keep my words:and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Matthew 7

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock

2 Corinthians 10

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

1 John 2

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1 Peter 1

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Romans 10

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Revelation 22

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are.dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

We have to obey just as Jesus obeyed. He came as a perfect example for us to follow. And to follow him, means to obey God and him!

Rosenritter

Thank you, but that in no way said that we cannot obey the commands of the Christ. It did, within context insinuate that one cannot obey or be justified by the law, but the commands of Christ that you said we cannot obey are not synonymous with the law spoken of in the chapter containing the verse you referenced.

Are there any more? Surely you don't lean on one verse taken out of context.

Right?

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Revelation 22:13-14 KJV
(13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
(14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Can that settle this question please? We can obey the commandments of Christ. In fact, it's stated that its a prerequisite to entering into eternal life, the alternative being the lake of fire.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you believe that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, then why do you need Calvinism?
I do not need Calvinism, Robert. What is referred to as Calvinism accurately describes Scripture; this is what I (and you) need. The Reformation described the very same things as what is now called Calvinism; it is just that many of those now known as Protestants have forgotten this.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Angel4Truth

You never answered, where i asked if you would force someone to love you.
It is disappointing when someone does not take the time to follow the discussion and I then have to go search out proof to the contrary of grand claims along the lines "You never answered..."

I could have just said, "yes I have, go find it", but in your case beloved sister, and owing to all the noise in the thread from the anti-Trinitarian GT that may have drowned out my response ;) I have made the effort:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...e-God-Unjust&p=4819689&viewfull=1#post4819689

Given all the thread noise, it is best to go to one's profile page and select the Quotes tab. Then look for my username wherein it shows I have quoted you with a response. That is how I find my ongoing discussions with another person. In order to keep up with a discussion I find the last thing I quoted in a thread using the Quotes tab, then I go to that post, as it marks my last point of participation, and then proceed to follow whatever may have been posted afterwards in a thread. The Quotes tab in a member's profile page is the best new feature of the site now.

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Grosnick has to sleep sometime. It's not like he can answer every post instantly. Or maybe he's busy trolling another forum. Just wait eight hours and I'm sure he'll respond a dozen times.

I can do nicely without your inane opinions. I don't need YOU to back me up. Know what I mean? Probably not.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
[MENTION=13987]Angel4Truth[/MENTION]

It is disappointing when someone does not take the time to follow the discussion and I then have to go search out proof to the contrary of grand claims along the lines "You never answered..."

I could have just said, "yes I have, go find it", but in your case beloved sister, and owing to all the noise in the thread from the anti-Trinitarian GT that may have drowned out my response ;) I have made the effort:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...e-God-Unjust&p=4819689&viewfull=1#post4819689

AMR

I reposted it 3 times and stated that you hadn't answered, if i posted it again, that would be four, but no need to look, i asked the question again for you.

For the 6th time now, would you want someone to love you that you had to force to love you?

Im still not seeing the answer to that, its yes or no. Thanks :)

marhig

You can't deny Jesus' Deity and be Christian.

Which verse does it say this in, in the Bible? Thanks

This is what non-Trinitarian believers fail to understand. If any of the apostles were here today, they would flat out tell you that he is GOD :doh:

Would they?

Paul

Ephesians 1

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ

2 Corinthians 1

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Again in Ephesians 1

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Philippians 4

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 1:9

Talking about Jesus

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

1 Corinthians 11

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Peter

1 Peter 1

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ

Acts 10

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

James

James 1

James, a servant of God AND of the Lord Jesus Christ

John

2 John 1

Grace be with you, mercy,and peace, from God the Father, AND from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

And Jesus himself!

Mark 10

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

John 17

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

And you can't get much clearer than this (below)

John 20

I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

I must believe what is in the Bible, there is no trinity, no God the son, and it's clear to me that there is one God, and his son Jesus Christ and that Christ Jesus is under subjection to God who is his God also! As shown in the scriptures above. If you want me to I'll find more verses?

I know that there only one true God, and Jesus Christ whom he has sent!

Maybe you can show me where it says God the son in the Bible?

Rosenritter

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Rosenritter
Grosnick has to sleep sometime. It's not like he can answer every post instantly. Or maybe he's busy trolling another forum. Just wait eight hours and I'm sure he'll respond a dozen times.

I can do nicely without your inane opinions. I don't need YOU to back me up. Know what I mean? Probably not.[\quote]

That wasn't exactly backing you up. There's about three different layers of satire in there, and they were all directed at you.

Rosenritter

You can't deny Jesus' Deity and be Christian.

The Muslims still cling to the Old Law because they reject the Trinity, which is what it takes for Jesus to suffice as the Lamb. It makes the entire thing vain when God could have just chosen any person or angel to the cross.

Or none at all :rolleyes:

This is what non-Trinitarian believers fail to understand. If any of the apostles were here today, they would flat out tell you that he is GOD :doh:

Did you just imply that "Trinitarian" is required to believe that Jesus is God?

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For the 6th time now, would you want someone to love you that you had to force to love you?

I thought my given answer was sufficient. My apologies. The matter of what you or I want is not the issue here. We are to be striving to think God's thoughts after Him, not assume our thoughts are God's thoughts through which we may judge who He is, what He wants, or how He should act (Isaiah 55:8).

Your question assumes our emotional lives are mirrors of God's emotional life. This is not true at all. Scripture speaks of love in active terms. The concept of love functions more as a verb than as a noun. Love is a duty—an action we are obliged to perform. God commands us to love our neighbor, to love our spouse, and even to love our enemies. I love (set my preference upon another) exactly whom God made me love, and the objects of my love do the same for me whether they know it or not. Only God's love is free (Hosea 14:4).

AMR

Last edited:

God's Truth

I thought my given answer was sufficient. The matter of what you or I want is not the issue here. We are to be striving to think God's thoughts after Him, not assume our thoughts are God's thoughts through which we may judge who He is, what He wants, or how He should act (Isaiah 55:8).

Your question assumes our emotional lives are mirrors of God's emotional life. This is not true at all.
[FONT=&]Scripture speaks of love in active terms. The concept of love functions more as a [/FONT]verb[FONT=&] than as a [/FONT]noun[FONT=&]. [/FONT]Love is a duty—an action we are obliged to perform[FONT=&]. God [/FONT]commands us[FONT=&] to love our neighbor, to love our spouse, and even to love our enemies. [/FONT]I love (set my preference upon another) exactly whom God made me love, and the objects of my love do the same for me whether they know it or not. Only God's love is free (Hosea 14:4).

AMR

You have a lot of my posts to reply to. Why haven't you done that?

What scripture says God saves people in their state of hating Him?

If no one ever searched for God, why are there scriptures where people searched for God?

If there is only evil in the human heart, then what is God doing searching our hearts?

If God gives us a new heart and then we believe and obey, why does God tell us to repent of our sins?

Show one scripture that says God causes unbelievers to believe.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I thought my given answer was sufficient. My apologies. The matter of what you or I want is not the issue here. We are to be striving to think God's thoughts after Him, not assume our thoughts are God's thoughts through which we may judge who He is, what He wants, or how He should act (Isaiah 55:8).

Your question assumes our emotional lives are mirrors of God's emotional life. This is not true at all.
[FONT=&]Scripture speaks of love in active terms. The concept of love functions more as a [/FONT]verb[FONT=&] than as a [/FONT]noun[FONT=&]. [/FONT]Love is a duty—an action we are obliged to perform[FONT=&]. God [/FONT]commands us[FONT=&] to love our neighbor, to love our spouse, and even to love our enemies. [/FONT]I love (set my preference upon another) exactly whom God made me love, and the objects of my love do the same for me whether they know it or not. Only God's love is free (Hosea 14:4).

AMR

Im curious as to what you define love as being, and you still havent answered my question, unless your answer is that you have no say in who you love or who loves you. How much will do you believe you have?

Define how its possible to greive Gods Spirit, without will or the ability to say no.

Why would God make you sin?

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Im curious as to what you define love as being,
I believe I directly stated this: "setting one's preference upon another"

and you still havent answered my question, unless your answer is that you have no say in who you love or who loves you. How much will do you believe you have?
Again I directly answered you: I love (set my preference upon another) exactly whom God made me love, and the objects of my love do the same for me whether they know it or not. Only God's love is free (Hosea 14:4).

We always choose according to our greatest inclinations at the moment we so choose. This is Scripture's teaching of what we call "free will". Our inclinations arise from the circumstances of our lives and our natures, all of which are ordered out per God's decree. God's decree does no violence to our will, but rather establishes our will to do as we are always inclined to do. Our inclinations are what drives our will. The unbeliever's inclinations are always at enmity with God. The believer's inclinations are for the good, yet suffer from the noetic effects of the fall of Adam, hence we will continue to struggle with sin until perfected our glory. This struggle of the believer grieves the Spirit, but He continues to work within us for we are God's workmanship (Eph. 2:10) and He works within us to will and to do (Philippians 2:13).

Why would God make you sin?
Who has said God does so? Sin is a immoral word, thought, or action made by moral agents. Our will to choose according to our greatest inclinations at the moment we so choose is our own free will, established by God in His decree. I bear the sole responsibility for my sins.

AMR