Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And what about what you would call "born again" parents? (This should be interesting.)

Clean parents-clean children in Gods sight.

1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

LA

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think I was speaking for the Church in my previous statements, I think I was pretty much speaking for myself. I CAN, however, speak for the Church to say simply that Calvinism is heresy and that their version of predestination is also heresy. But that's a different issue.
When you adopt said username as a crusader for Romanism, it will be assumed you are following Rome's views. Better you preface such infelicitous statements as yours with a qualifier, e.g., "While it is not the teaching of Rome, I believe...." to avoid confusion.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not that I am minding the diversions, perhaps all the anti-Trinitarians could return to their favorite threads and leave this thread to its stated topic?

AMR

popsthebuilder

Not that I am minding the diversions, perhaps all the anti-Trinitarians could return to their favorite threads and leave this thread to its stated topic?

AMR
Of you didn't mind the diversions then you wouldn't have mentioned them.

Non Trinitarians should be able to speak on the topic like anyone else.

GOD's omnipotence and omniscience are attested to in scripture. GOD formed existence as we know it. GOD also ordained the elect according to scripture.

The elect are to be guides to the rest. And though the rest may not be ordained that doesn't mean they are doomed to hell. Why would there be elect if all others are damned anyway? Though we know that all may not be saved due to bondage to sin, we also know that it is the will of GOD for all to be saved. Does the Calvinist doctrine say that whoever isn't elect is damned to hell?

AMR? Nang? ? ??

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

LA

Well, it looks as if you haven't proved ANYTHING again. I wouldn't accept it any other way.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, I suppose it is inane to ask if you have ever presented a single scripture as proof. Anyone who has read you for at least thirty pages knows you prefer unsupported one-line assertions.

Well, that is MY prerogative, is it not? If you can't take the heat, pack your bags and get outta Dodge, Rosie. :wave:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I wish that more "MAD" type of posters would get involved on TOL. The kind that has placed their trust in the Grace Gospel and has been sealed, indwelt, and baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ by The Holy Spirit. Those that realize they have received the guarantee of eternal life and the Righteousness of Christ.

We NEED more of these types on TOL.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There are too many fence sitters, cultists, denominationalist types, agnostics, and phony so-called Christians. The one and only "TRUE Gospel" needs to be preached. Souls need to get saved.

Rosenritter

A living soul. It's redundant to add 'living' in the sense you put it.
It was opposed to being dormant, outside of a vessel.

Therefore, you've made no case at all. Your argument hinges on Jewish custom being wrong, the Church being wrong, and it's all some conspiracy theory in the name of, I dunno, Zeus?

It gets old, these arguments.

If you trust Jewish custom, then Jesus was a "loyal Jew who never claimed to be God."

If you trust "the Church" then I take it you believe that the Pope is God's man on earth, that the sacrament magically changes to Christ's very flesh in your mouth, and that if you pay enough money in indulgences you can purchase the right to sin?

If you disbelieve conspiracy theory, then you also disbelieve Christ, who warned us that many would come in his name, deceiving many. Not to mention that there was a conspiracy to kill Jesus.

I think I'll go with my personal theory that the Bible is correct. That same bible that speaks of living souls and dead souls. Adam, it says, became a living soul when dust was combined with God's breath.

Rosenritter

Well, that is MY prerogative, is it not? If you can't take the heat, pack your bags and get outta Dodge, Rosie. :wave:

You're free to continue to make a fool out of yourself. You demonstrated your honesty (or lack thereof) with that "I refuse to answer any question if you don't answer my new questions I have" then refusing to answer questions regardless.

You're not one to be able to say "Can't take the heat?" very convincingly, Mr. "I cannot answer any question."

beloved57

Arminianism does make God unjust because it teaches that God punishes sinners twice for their sins, those Christ died for are punished in Christ their surety savior and then God punishes them again for their sins if they don't believe, do something! That's double jeopardy and unjust.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, it looks as if you haven't proved ANYTHING again. I wouldn't accept it any other way.

I did not have to. The scriptures speak for themselves.

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

It was and is satans idea that the souls of men do not die,

and satans mouthpieces who repeat it.

LA

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well, let's see. Someone makes a case that your children could be 'reprobate', that under their belief system your own kids could be nothing other than vessels designed for eternal torment and suffering. If you loved your children you'd be incensed at such a monstrous view.

incensed? :nono:

only if i had no self-control

most people, when faced with viewpoints that they find unpleasant have the ability to say "that's nice" and walk away :idunno:

apparently in your world, finding a viewpoint that you disagree with is an opportunity to be incensed and spew profanities

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It was and is satans idea that the souls of men do not die,

and satans mouthpieces who repeat it.

LA

That's probably one of the most INSANE conclusions I've ever had the displeasure of reading. So, you attribute something that only God can decide; to Satan?? Whoa! You're worse off than I thought. And, you added: "and satans mouthpieces who repeat it." Therefore, you repeated it so, you MUST be one of Satan's mouthpieces.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
And what about what you would call "born again" parents? (This should be interesting.)

'Born again' is an abused phrase in non-Catholic sects. The Reformed tradition tends to use the word 'regeneration' to more accurately describe what the Bible means by the words. One's salvation is forensic, meaning it can be seen in the new nature of the person- but these other sects will have one believe it's being an unblemished sheep, which leads to terrible notions such as they do not sin.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So now you're saying that my sister doesn't truly love her children because she's not a 'believer'?

rather, your sister is a bad parent if she's raising her children to be ignorant of Christ's love

would you think her a good parent if she was withholding from her children the bread of life?

Last edited: