DO YOU SIN

Truster

I know a man who tends his heart* like he tends his lawn. Just as he despises weeds encroaching on his tended grass so he hates sin encroaching on his tended heart. He treats his lawn with selective weedkiller twice a year and every morning looks out the window at the lawn. If there is a single weed he will treat it and the weed will die.
He treats his heart in the same manner, but the weeds of his heart are more varied and more cunning. No sooner is one dead, but another pops up. The only way to deal with the weeds of the heart is to kill the root and there is only one treatment that is guaranteed to work.

heart* not the blood pump

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You just said you used to sin before you knew what sin is. Correct?

In my earlier days I had no idea what sin is. After I learned I was baptized for the remission of sin and provided the power through God's Spirit to overcome sin.

No big deal, that power is available to anyone.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." (Paul)

Truster

In my earlier days I had no idea what sin is. After I learned I was baptized for the remission of sin and provided the power through God's Spirit to overcome sin.

No big deal, that power is available to anyone.

You are not saved and therefore in sin, under law and under wrath.

Truster

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." (Paul)

You are not in Messiah and therefore the promise is not yours.

ClimateSanity

I can speak about the scriptures without you knowing any of my personal business.
Every time you speak ignorantly about scriptures and Lord sin over people in an attempt to gain control over them, I will demand you provide evidence from your life. Heck, I don't even demand that. All I ask is that you even give a fictional account to illustrate you know what you are talking about. You won't even do that because you are full of self righteous hot air that is based upon a wicked interpretation of Scripture.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
YES OR NO?

I sin.

Shalom.

I have sinned (in my life). It may still be possible to sin after being born again, born of God, but the one who is born of God does not sin. Does this mean that he or I do not sin, do not practice sin, do not commit sin, do not participate in sin, or all of the above?

Sin is transgression of the law.

Shalom.

Jacob