Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

Apple7

Get some new material...

Get some new material...

Why should any Christian feel compelled to believe in the Trinity?
The word is not found anywhere in the Bible. It is a theological short-cut devised by later theologians.

Its right next to the word 'monad'.

StanJ

You are inserting your own assumption. Where did Jesus say He is God or He and His father make one God?

Read them meshak and learn. If you can't see, I can't make you. You either believe what the scriptures say and apprehend the real Jesus, or you don't. It's very simple.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have given them to you countless times meshak...and NEVER have you been able to refute them, just like you continue to do now.

You have being giving out without Jesus' clear word.

It is your own salvation, not Jesus'.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
This is a useless argument that is constantly refuted here and your know it. I personally have refuted it to you.
None of God's Omni attributes are verbalized in the Bible either, so why do you believe them?

Again, I am not refuted. The word "Trinity" is a theological term. You are unable to separate facts from faith it seems.

The word is not in the Bible. I know you might wish it was, but we all have to start in the same place: what is exactly IN the verse?

Trinity is not there. You are trying to add to the Word.

StanJ

Why should any Christian feel compelled to believe in the Trinity?
The word is not found anywhere in the Bible. It is a theological short-cut devised by later theologians.

Do you not believe in the OMNI attributes of God? Those words are not found either, but their principles are, just as the Triune nature of God IS.

Apple7

There is ONLY one real Jesus meshak...if one does not accept the real thing then one cannot be saved. It's pretty simple.

Jesus said: I and the Father are one.
Jesus said: If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

:up:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Read them meshak and learn. If you can't see, I can't make you. You either believe what the scriptures say and apprehend the real Jesus, or you don't. It's very simple.

It is clear that you cannot see Jesus' clear of "I cannot do anything on my own" or "My Father is greater than I" or....

there are many, many Jesus' own word that you are dismissing.

Your Lord is not Jesus. It is your own doctrines.

StanJ

Again, I am not refuted. The word "Trinity" is a theological term. You are unable to separate facts from faith it seems.
The word is not in the Bible. I know you might wish it was, but we all have to start in the same place: what is exactly IN the verse?
Trinity is not there. You are trying to add to the Word.

Many words are not found in the Bible, but that is not the point. You either have faith and accept what the Bible DOES say or you don't. In your case, you DON'T. You also avoid my direct question about the OMNI attributes of God. What is that?

StanJ

It is clear that you cannot see Jesus' clear of "I cannot do anything on my own" or "My Father is greater than I" or....
there are many, many Jesus' own word that you are dismissing.
Your Lord is not Jesus. It is your own doctrines.

and if you had the Holy Spirit residing in you, you would know that those words are from Jesus Himself and refer to God IN Him.
Not being able to apprehend the hypostatic nature of Jesus, is your short coming meshak, not mine.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
and if you had the Holy Spirit residing in you, you would know that those words are from Jesus Himself and refer to God IN Him.
Not being able to apprehend the hypostatic nature of Jesus, is your short coming meshak, not mine.

If you had a Holy Spirit in you, you honor Jesus' own word.

You are dancing around your man-made doctrine.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is a grave sin to spread false gospel without Jesus' own word.

Jesus' salvation is not complicated like most Trinitarians are making out to be.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Do you not believe in the OMNI attributes of God? Those words are not found either, but their principles are, just as the Triune nature of God IS.
Anything beyond the words of Jesus of Nazareth is theology, not history.

Jesus could have cared less about any triune nature of the divine.

God is called eagle, an old woman, a potter, a rock, a storm, a cloud and many many other metaphors. I have not seen the term "OMNI" attributes as a biblical metaphor. So I have to conclude the phrase is theological as well.

StanJ

If you had a Holy Spirit in you, you honor Jesus' own word.
You are dancing around your man-made doctrine.

and as usual you deflect and AVOID dealing with the real issue of what Jesus does say.

You pick and choose what you will accept and what you ignore. That is the true sign of a cult.

StanJ

Anything beyond the words of Jesus of Nazareth is theology, not history.
Jesus could have cared less about any triune nature of the divine.

God is called eagle, an old woman, a potter, a rock, a storm, a cloud and many many other metaphors. I have not seen the term "OMNI" attributes as a biblical metaphor. So I have to conclude the phrase is theological as well.

So you only accept the words of Jesus in the Bible? The red words?

Where does Jesus say he could care less?

Apparently you don't understand the difference between metaphor and literal?
You have never heard of Omnipresence, Omnipotence or Omniscient?