ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

dodge

And YOU simply ignore ALL of the various uses of "the gospel OF ..."!

I think that you've got something backwards there....

You've still never made a decent explanation of how the 12 could preach the gospel of the kingdom for almost THREE YEARS and YET not even know that Christ would DIE for our sins!

Isn't Christ's death for US the most IMPORTANT part of the gospel of the grace of God? Paul said that it was.

P.S. John 3:16 says nothing of His death, but you read it into it anyway (something that you claim we do to the scripture).

For God gave His only begotten Son = it is there you just cannot see it.

The death was payment while the resurrection was PROOF that He was who He said He was. NO the death is not the most important ALL of the DBR is. Everybody dies NOT everybody after 3 days walks out of the grave.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
1Pe 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
That doesn't prove anything. You're not even attempting to compare anything. No wonder you don't see the contrast; you never compare.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
For God gave His only begotten Son = it is there you just cannot see it.

The death was payment while the resurrection was PROOF that He was who He said He was. NO the death is not the most important ALL of the DBR is. Everybody dies NOT everybody after 3 days walks out of the grave.
And who understood it?

heir

TOL Subscriber
In no way was it Paul's Gospel ! It was , is, and will always be Jesus' Gospel that was given to ALL the Apostles.
The gospel which was preached of Paul is not after man, neither did he receive it of man, neither was he taught it, but but by the revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). It is Paul's gospel (Romans 2:16 KJV, Romans 16:25 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:8 KJV)! Paul was committed a dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Gospel of Grace is the ONLY Gospel unless like Paul says you have been moved to another gospel, which of course the other gospel was no gospel at all.
Why do people constantly miss the point of Galatians 1:8-9 KJV? The key is "unto you". Galatians 1:8 KJV But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

It by no means says or means there is only one gospel in the Bible! Get it through your thick head!

dodge

Prove they are the same.

According to Paul there is only "one" Gospel.

Gal 1:6
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Paul never preached any other Gospel than the Grace of Christ nor did any of the Apostles teach any Gospel other than Grace.

dodge

Why do people constantly miss the point of Galatians 1:8-9 KJV? The key is "unto you". Galatians 1:8 KJV But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

It by no means says or means there is only one gospel in the Bible! Get it through your thick head!

What other Gospel do you believe there is or was other than Grace ? Paul was pretty clear some had been moved from the Grace of Christ to ANOTHER gospel which of course could not save them so in reality there is only ONE Gospel.

dodge

Those verses you quoted PROVE there is only ONE Gospel.Any other Gospel than the Gospel of the Grace of Christ is a FALSE gospel.

dodge

And who understood it?

The meaning was hid by God for a time as scripture says it was, but eventually after seeing Jesus resurrect from the dead and eat and talk with them ALL of the Apostles eventually understood the meaning.

Remember Thomas falling at Jesus' feet and proclaiming my Lord and my God.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
According to Paul there is only "one" Gospel.

Gal 1:6
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Paul never preached any other Gospel than the Grace of Christ nor did any of the Apostles teach any Gospel other than Grace.
If you want to prove your argument you need a side by side comparison. You have yet to provide one.

Right Divider

Body part

Yep.... that's why I finally made a blog post about it: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3469-Another-gospel-in-Galatians-1

Not likely that dodge will get it though.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The meaning was hid by God for a time as scripture says it was, but eventually after seeing Jesus resurrect from the dead and eat and talk with them ALL of the Apostles eventually understood the meaning.

Remember Thomas falling at Jesus' feet and proclaiming my Lord and my God.
So you admit the gospel preached by the 12 before the cross did not include the DBR?

dodge

1Pe 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

I said all the Apostles preached the DBR and had the same message ( Gospel ) YOU said prove it so I quoted Peter preaching the DBR, and now you say I do not compare looks like YOU are the one that does not compare.

There is and will always be ONE Gospel and that is the Grace of Christ according to Paul.

dodge

If you want to prove your argument you need a side by side comparison. You have yet to provide one.

I am not interested in arguing but in sharing what the scripture actually says and teaches. Y'all see more than ONE Gospel when Paul and all of scripture clearly teaches ONE.

dodge

So you admit the gospel preached by the 12 before the cross did not include the DBR?

I don't believe the 12 understood the DBR until after Jesus resurrected and appeared to them and ate with them. It was not a common occurrence for folks that had died and been buried to go visiting their friends.

Jesus preached His DBR to the 12. Did they understand what HE was telling them ? Probably not.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I said all the Apostles preached the DBR and had the same message ( Gospel ) YOU said prove it so I quoted Peter preaching the DBR, and now you say I do not compare looks like YOU are the one that does not compare.
That is not what I asked you to prove.:nono:

There is and will always be ONE Gospel and that is the Grace of Christ according to Paul.
Has there always been the same gospel since the beginning?

I am not interested in arguing but in sharing what the scripture actually says and teaches. Y'all see more than ONE Gospel when Paul and all of scripture clearly teaches ONE.
The word "argument" has more than one meaning. And if you want to prove that Scripture teaches what you claim it does then you need to show comparisons.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't believe the 12 understood the DBR until after Jesus resurrected and appeared to them and ate with them. It was not a common occurrence for folks that had died and been buried to go visiting their friends.

Jesus preached His DBR to the 12. Did they understand what HE was telling them ? Probably not.
So what gospel did they preach?