ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

john w

Hall of Fame
Nope.

Why would I beat her?

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I asked:
"So, you are still beating your fellow junkie satanist wife?"

He says, "Nope," meaning he use to.

Sit. You are too stoned.

john w

Hall of Fame
You're one of those little pests that never can think of anything meaningful to say so you just float around and annoy people. Every forum has them.

Yes, he is a little armed pest, weasel, so obsessed with us meanie dispies, he spends half of his waking hours, at home, in a rat hole, unemployed,on TOL, plotting how to get even, through lies, sophistry, hypocrisy.

Danoh

Tet is a moron.

Plain and simple.

What logic - that because one person holds to something someone else had also held long ago, they were therefore influenced by that earlier person.

I had this exact conversation with a racist the other day.

At one point, I mentioned that it was only logical that one race would have had to come up with aspects of military warefare on their own way back when Continents faced the extreme limitations of travel and communication we now take for granted, as such did not exist.

That merely the context of repeated battle with their neighbors could not but result in their having to come up with ways of battle very similar to other cultures on the other side of the globe - simply because reality forces that on human beings.

The idiot replies no, that they got that from (his preferred race).

The idiot has a Bible on his shelf, along with some other books; including some on martial arts.

I grab the Bible, and a book on "Karate sticks" (two sticks held together by a cord).

I turn to where the OT talks about the threshing instrument the ancient Israelites used in their wheat fields, and so on.

I turn to the history of the Nunchaku (Karate Sticks) in his book about that.

There, in black and white it says its ancient origin was in Okinawa, where it had been used to thresh wheat and rice, until the Japanese conquered them and confiscated their weapons.

Their solution? Their threshing instrument as a weapon with a built in excuse as to why they were walking around with it.

Two peoples world's apart having ended up with a similar instrument. Each's similar use due the similar context life finds all human beings in at times.

I pointed that out to that idiot to no avail.

THAT is Tet, IP, and their endless ilk.

It is actually an insult to one to have to stoop down to their level of books based "dumb" not only in order to point out a relatively simple matter to these morons, but to no avail, each time out :chuckle:

Last edited:

Ac28

Back in the late 80's, a guy named Russ Schaefer, who was the head of Scripture Research in Calif., sent me a copy of The Parousia by Russell. Russ was basically AC28D but he often slipped into some of the more heretical studies like Preterism and Open Theism. I hadn't been a Christian long and was like a sponge for anything that might be truth. However, even as a newbie, it was easy to see the myriad of fallacies in that lousy book. I'm thinking I literally burned that book.

Danoh

You rarely agree with me. I'm not going to get bogged down in the "things that differ" (TTD) thing, as least on the smaller points. I think I told you once that I have a total of 37 pages of those type lists from several different authors, although I think one of them lists things that are the same at the beginning and the end of Acts. About 15 years ago, I spent about 2 years on TOL and 90% of the debate was on TTD, No one EVER wins those things.

TOL, like most Christian forums, is strictly a debate venue. It's nitpicky and fault-finding, in the main. No one ever changes their spots and the only things learned are from boning up on one's own speciality so you won't look like a fool. For some reason, though, it definitely has a lure about it and I do enjoy the bantering.

The most important TTD related items are "is the BOC in Paul's post-Acts epistles the same as the church in 1 Cor 12?" and the question of "whether the calling in Paul's post-Acts epistles is the same as the calling in Paul's Acts epistles." I am very willing to discuss both these subjects.

Romans 2:17 Paul is definitely talking to the Jews here - he's starting to strip them of the (false) props they think they have and deserve. There are a few chapters in Romans written to the Jews. although I couldn't tell you exactly which ones with spending some time on it. Romans is the Ephesians of the old dead (for now) dispensation found in Acts and I don't spend as much time in it as I used to.

BTW, it's like pulling teeth to be able to post in the MAD section. I had my 25 posts several days ago and I then immediately applied. Still no access.

I've let Knight know.

As for the other; my nitpicking is always the issue of what principles another's assertions point back to as to their following and or violation of.

heir and STP both violate the flow of Paul's intended sense both before and after Rom. 2:17.

That, in turn, tells me, that how they approach how they study some things is off.

This is also found to be the case in their other, non-standardly held views within Mad.

They handle Paul's "bound with this chain" (Acts 28:20) comment in the same way Acts 28ers do.

They are using the same "reading into a thing" approach the Acts 28ers use on various passages.

And they, as with 28ers, are both married to said off-base approach.

It is...what it is...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've let Knight know.

As for the other; my nitpicking is always the issue of what principles another's assertions point back to as to their following and or violation of.

heir and STP both violate the flow of Paul's intended sense both before and after Rom. 2:17.

That, in turn, tells me, that how they approach how they study some things is off.

This is also found to be the case in their other, non-standardly held views within Mad.

They handle Paul's "bound with this chain" (Acts 28:20) comment in the same way Acts 28ers do.

They are using the same "reading into a thing" approach the Acts 28ers use on various passages.

And they, as with 28ers, are both married to said off-base approach.

It is...what it is...

You appear to be the "Know-it-All" type. You're one of old GMs least favorite posters. Your EGO is bigger than your knowledge and wisdom. No offense intended, pal.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're one of those little pests that never can think of anything meaningful to say so you just float around and annoy people. Every forum has them.

No, that would be Grosnick Marowbe.

Anytime you want to be shown what a false teaching Dispensationalism is, just let me know. And, it doesn't matter if you're A2D, A9, A13, or A28. They're are all wrong.

I would much, much rather be associated with E.W. Bullinger than Darby.

Well, Darby is the grandaddy of Dispensationalism, and Bullinger is the grandaddy of Hyper-Dispensationalism.

I would never, ever want to be associated with either.

Before Bullinger, no one preached the 2nd Coming.

Before Bullinger, no one preached that every event in Revelation is the yet future.

Bullinger, and the Bullingerites of today, actually claim that the seven churches in Revelation haven't existed yet.

Bullinger is also the inventor of "soul sleep".

Why anyone would want to be associated with him is beyond me.

On the other hand, Darby's claim to fame is that he was the first to preach the heretical pre-trib rapture theory.

Hey, we agree.

Before Darby, no one preached the rapture theory. (Edward Irving may have preached about Margaret McDonald's "vision" about Christ returning twice), but it was Darby who took McDonald's "vision" and turned it into Dispensationalism.

Acts 2 dispensationalism is essentially fundamentalism without the Gospels. Very milky.

A lot of A2D's claim that the books after Philemon are not for the BOC.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Two peoples world's apart having ended up with a similar instrument. Each's similar use due the similar context life finds all human beings in at times.

More desperation.

Dispensationalism was invented by Darby. Before Darby it didn't exist.

Bullinger, Sir Robert Anderson, and Cyrus Scofield were influenced by Darby, and contemporaries of him.

Then Scofield, Moody, O'Hair, Walvoord, etc.

No matter how hard you don't want it to be, it can all be traced back to John Nelson Darby.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I asked:

Sit. You are too stoned.

I asked," why would I beat her?"

Answer the question.

As you are still beating yer's this should be a no brainer.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's because all these threads are full of Darby followers.

Have you ever been to a Reformed Forum? Calvin's name comes up all the time.
You are the only one who keeps preterism alive here, desperately seeking agreement. Did anybody see Jesus return in 70 AD?

DAN P

It depends what you mean by "return"?

Did anybody see God ride a swift cloud into Egypt?

Hi , but you saw a CLOUD , and you saw Moses and you saw Moses SPLIT THE RED SEA and let Israel pass over dry Sea Bed , SO what has anyone seen in 70 AD ??

DAN P

john w

Hall of Fame
More desperation.

Dispensationalism was invented by Darby. Before Darby it didn't exist.

Bullinger, Sir Robert Anderson, and Cyrus Scofield were influenced by Darby, and contemporaries of him.

Then Scofield, Moody, O'Hair, Walvoord, etc.

No matter how hard you don't want it to be, it can all be traced back to John Nelson Darby.

More spam, from the Josephus/Russell/Hanegraaf/pope follower, admitted Roman Catholic Preterist punk.

john w

Hall of Fame
I asked," why would I beat her?"

Answer the question.

As you are still beating yer's this should be a no brainer.

I asked:

Sit. You are too stoned.

Chapter, verse, where the LORD God demands I answer anyone, especially a junkie, such as yourself.

I thought so.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
More spam, from the Josephus/Russell/Hanegraaf/pope follower, admitted Roman Catholic Preterist punk.

All these years, and you still can't tell us who is responsible for Preterism.

Dispensationalism is easy, it was invented by John Nelson Darby.

How come you can't tell us where Preterism came from?

Not only have you failed, every one of your fellow Darby followers has failed.

Why is that Little Johnny W?

john w

Hall of Fame
All these years, and you still can't tell us who is responsible for Preterism.

Dispensationalism is easy, it was invented by John Nelson Darby.

How come you can't tell us where Preterism came from?

Not only have you failed, everyone of your fellow Darby followers has failed.

Why is that Little Johnny W?

Preterism was invented by satan, through Russell, and Josephus.

All these years, and you still can't tell us who is responsible for your satanic Preterism.

Not only have you failed, everyone of your fellow satanic Preterists agree that satan/Josephus/russell followers have failed.

Why is that little arms, effeminate looking weasel Craigie pie?

Why is it that you are a sodomite, Catholic, and unemployed, Craigie the loser?

And why is it that you are such a weakling, both physically, and mentally? Rough childhood, eh, weasel? Ever consider working out,wimp?

Fun!

How did you get so stupid, reject?