ECT Disposing of a MAD list

ClimateSanity

God did eternally justify me. I have a part too. Do you know what a Covenant is?

Your part was trusting in his death, burial and resurrection as the only means to eternally justify you. If your salvation was real, something like the following occurred to test whether you really trusted in the death, burial and resurrection of Cbrist or not....

You mentally asserted that you believed Jesus' DBR was totally sufficient for eternal salvation. God then gave you an opportunity to prove it. He allowed circumstances in your life to happen that caused you to behave in a manner not becoming of a Christian. You then began to doubt your salvation. He reminded you to go back to his word and see what the gospel really said. You did just that and you told yourself that despite behavior unbecoming of a Christian, you were still saved because his DBR was totally SUFFICIENT for your ETERNAL salvation. At that point, you had the peace of mind that only God can bring.

I didn't say this particular thing happened to you. I'm just using it as an example.

Interplanner

Your part was trusting in his death, burial and resurrection as the only means to eternally justify you. If your salvation was real, something like the following occurred to test whether you really trusted in the death, burial and resurrection of Cbrist or not....

You mentally asserted that you believed Jesus' DBR was totally sufficient for eternal salvation. God then gave you an opportunity to prove it. He allowed circumstances in your life to happen that caused you to behave in a manner not becoming of a Christian. You then began to doubt your salvation. He reminded you to go back to his word and see what the gospel really said. You did just that and you told yourself that despite behavior unbecoming of a Christian, you were still saved because his DBR was totally SUFFICIENT for your ETERNAL salvation. At that point, you had the peace of mind that only God can bring.

I didn't say this particular thing happened to you. I'm just using it as an example.

It's an important example. Justification has to do with debt; the older we are as believers, the more we appreciate justification because it is about all of our sin as debt. We come back to justification as needed and our inner man is recharged again in gratitude and honor.

God's Truth

God did eternally justify me. I have a part too. Do you know what a Covenant is?
Your part was trusting in his death, burial and resurrection as the only means to eternally justify you.
Jesus’ death did what? Think about it. Jesus' resurrection does what? It is about sin. You are justified from the sin you confess and repent of.
If your salvation was real, something like the following occurred to test whether you really trusted in the death, burial and resurrection of Cbrist or not....

Are you saying you failed the test but convinced yourself you were a Christian?

ClimateSanity

Jesus’ death did what? Think about it. Jesus' resurrection does what? It is about sin. You are justified from the sin you confess and repent of.

I didn't say anything about myself. I'm telling you what true salvation is. I made it as clear as possible by way of a hypothetical example. Do you understand what true salvation is now?

Jesus death ,burial and resurrection totally removed all sins past, present and future as far as the East is from the West. Believinv that to be true without doubting will justify you for eternity.

God's Truth

I didn't say anything about myself. I'm telling you what true salvation is. I made it as clear as possible by way of a hypothetical example. Do you understand what true salvation is now?

Jesus death ,burial and resurrection totally removed all sins past, present and future as far as the East is from the West. Believinv that to be true without doubting will justify you for eternity.

As I said before, hypothetically, you claim a person believes, sins, and remembers he is saved because he said he believed.

So, hypothetically, you say you failed the test but convinced yourself you were a Christian?

ClimateSanity

As I said before, hypothetically, you claim a person believes, sins, and remembers he is saved because he said he believed.

So, hypothetically, you say you failed the test but convinced yourself you were a Christian?

I didn't hypothetically say a word about myself. What I said is true for every single christian on earth.

Interplanner

Look closely and you'll see that the resurrection of Christ is not one of the 'tasks' that needed to be done for our justification, but is God's statement (Rom 1:4) that Christ's other work met the standard and believers are (legally) alive in him. This is also found in Rom 4:25 and Acts 13:33, where 'raising' is not the sense of 'appearing in our history' but the same found in the next verse 34, where it is attached to the shifting of promises to David on to Christ in an Isaiah quote which foretold it.

Justification from sins therefore came 'through the Jews' Jn 4 for all nations, and was the promise to Abraham all along, Gal 3.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The whole Bible is for us (Gentiles) however, it's not all about us or pertaining to us. Matthew through John, for instance, is written to the Lost sheep of the House of Israel. Matthew 15:24 Jesus states: "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." He didn't include us Gentiles in that statement of fact.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Apostle Paul was sent (by God's will) to the Gentiles with the "Grace Gospel." Peter preached to the House of Israel, the "Kingdom Gospel." There were two distinct messages being preached at that time. Today, only the "Grace Gospel" pertains to both Jew and Gentile alike. Do you understand that?

Interplanner

The whole Bible is for us (Gentiles) however, it's not all about us or pertaining to us. Matthew through John, for instance, is written to the Lost sheep of the House of Israel. Matthew 15:24 Jesus states: "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." He didn't include us Gentiles in that statement of fact.

You are proof-texting. that actually happened during an encounter with a non-Jew who 'had more faith that all of you in Israel.'

This has been treated many times. He got about 220 missionaries ready by the time he finished the seminar between the resurrection and Pentecost (Lk 24). They practiced in Israel, and were all set for 'the ends of the earth' Mt 28:19, Mk 13:15, etc. Indeed, the plan was to make as many people in Israel missionaries to 'the islands and distant shores' as possible, because they had the background in the Scriptures.

The Bible is not chopped up between programs and full of 'switch-over' moments etc as D'ism has been declaring for 150 years, as though we 'needed' it to make sense of the Bible. Someone 'voided and replaced' the promise to all nations, says Gal 3:17, and that still needs to be cleared up and sorted.