ECT D'ism needs to decide which trinity it believes in

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

Through the Spirit we 'taste the powers of the coming age.', Heb 6.

What it actually says,

Heb 6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Referring to the LORD Jesus baptizing some with the Holy Ghost.

He never baptized you with the Holy Ghost.

Danoh

What it actually says,

Heb 6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Referring to the LORD Jesus baptizing some with the Holy Ghost.

He never baptized you with the Holy Ghost.

I still recall the first time I sat down to actually study out the intended sense of those passages.

Til then, I'd often merely stared at them perplexed about what all they might be referring to; would leave them at that, and move on.

Til one day, while witnessing to a guy who turned out to be an old school Pentecostal; and he mentioned those passages to me.

I went home, grabbed a piece of paper and pen; wrote out numbers one through fifty, and proceeded to read Hebrews straight through over and over, until I had crossed out all fifty numbers.

I had not known it then; but that turned out to be a good way to become really familiar with one book or another in Scripture.

All as a result of that one individual's assertion together with an effort on my part to get to the bottom of what those passages were actually talking about; simply through Hebrews itself.

It was an important lesson.

glorydaz

Right Divider

Body part
STP has unwittingly swerved into the fact that the NHNE is the externalization of what is true in Christ now; that is why there are so many parallels between the two. We live in the tension between 'already' and 'not yet.' That is also why, on close inspection, the NHNE is not the same kind of physicality that we have in this world.
I find it quite hilarious that you and Acts 2 dispensationalists have this insanity in common.

Danoh

Two trinities? What do you mean by that?

What he means by that GD, is what he has meant by that, each time he has hurled its falsehood...

He means that if the Mid-Acts Dispy were consistent in his (supposedly) inconsistent study approach of Gal. 2 - that leads said Mid-Acts Dispy to conclude two gospels in Gal. 2 - said Mid-Acts Dispy would also have to conclude the existence of two trinities by said same (supposedly skewed Gal. 2) approach - for so (supposedly) skewed is said Mid-Acts Dispy's approach - at least from within Interplanner's ever, absolutely clueless ignorance of where Dispensationalism in general, let alone any Mid-Acts Dispy...is coming from.

:chuckle:

Nevertheless, IP...Romans 5:8 towards ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.