Dinosaurs

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I want to discuss the genealogies in depth.

Of course you do. You've realized that your assertion of inheritance from Sumerian and Babylonian to Hebrew has no evidence to support it and are desperate to change the subject.

So I'm just going to put you on ignore and see if we can't get back to what this thread was about. :up:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah, yes. The Bible describes behemoth and leviathan. Good evidence that such creatures existed.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Of course you do. You've realized that your assertion of inheritance from Sumerian and Babylonian to Hebrew has no evidence to support it and are desperate to change the subject.
We can discuss that, too. I provided you with a source on the previous page. Examine it, then get back to me.

So I'm just going to put you on ignore and see if we can't get back to what this thread was about. :up:
Ahh I see. So when tough questions are asked and/or you're called out for your stupidity, you put me on ignore? You're a coward. And an idiot. BAD combination

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kdall please do not make any more reports like that. It falsly reporting posts. Stripe did not break any rules.

Jose Fly

That's what scientists do.

Ok, here you're almost making it look like you're going back on what you've said before, i.e., that creationism is not science but is rather "a belief about the past".

Can you clarify?

Really.... Coyne isn't quoting me? I didn't say he was.*

This is what you posted:

Jerry Coyne, well known evolutionist and science wtiter is concerned about 'the increasingly unmanageable problem of high-level academic defectors from evolutionary theory'​

Why did you put the statement "the increasingly unmanageable problem of high-level academic defectors from evolutionary theory" in quotes?

I actually cited an article *where one one atheist is concerned other atheists such as Nagel are doubting Darwinism.

And therefore.........?

Yes...I'm sure Jerry Coyne is well aware of who Thomas Nagel is. Perhaps you should let Coyne know he should ignore people who 'leave the fold'.

I've got news for you. Philosophers are effectively 100% irrelevant to the the people who actually do the biology.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ok, here you're almost making it look like you're going back on what you've said before, i.e., that creationism is not science but is rather "a belief about the past".Can you clarify?
Evolutionists hate reading.
We have a worldview and we validate that worldview by examining the evidence.

You can't put a worldview under a microscope. To do science, you need to drop the idea that your religion — evolutionism, in your case — is evidence. You need to make predictions and test them.

Donald Sterling

BANNED
Banned
I've reviewed the last few pages. I cannot figure out what in the world got Kdall banned. I even looked at some other threads where he/she posted. I don't get it. But they probably should've known better than to post like that on a site with bias, correct?

It seemed like they were just pointing out the obvious in these evolution threads

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I've reviewed the last few pages. I cannot figure out what in the world got Kdall banned. I even looked at some other threads where he/she posted. I don't get it. But they probably should've known better than to post like that on a site with bias, correct?

It seemed like they were just pointing out the obvious in these evolution threads

:mock: Kdall -Kdall 2.0 - Kdall 3.0 - Donald Sterling

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

No,it is more like being a troll, & being disruptive is your crime as well as Barbie"s... You shouldn't have re-registered kdall. :loser:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well let's see. It doesn't have four spikes on it now does it?
No. Can you admit it is not a rhino tail?

And while you're at it how about you tell me which dinosaurs are carved above and below the "stegosaur".

If you believed every drawing you should believe unicorns, bunyups and phoenixes existed too.
Each relief or drawing is taken on a case by case basis. The relief in question may not have leaves on its back, but the person carving it may have been drawing what was actually on the animal. It might be leaves, too, but the artist was talented enough to make that less likely. Regardless, you can admit that, no?

If you think an ambiguous carving tips the scale "ever so slightly" in the YEC position, feathered dinosaurs and the sheer number of layers of rock showing long time periods should break the scale in favor of old earth and evolution.
There, you see? Feathered dinos are evidence for common descent. It's weak evidence, but it's there.

How you consider rock layers as evidence for long ages is mind boggling. It's clear evidence for short ages (even only weak evidence if you so choose) and only someone that won't look at the evidence could believe otherwise.

You seem to have some kind of idea that there SHOULD be evidence for YEC. Have you ever considered the fact that if you're wrong, every piece of "evidence" you're holding up is simply a misunderstanding?
Sure I could be wrong. But then again, so could you be. However, if we apply the same standard of how convincing the evidence is for each side of the argument, the YEC side wins by a great deal.

The only way it wouldn't be this way is if you apply a different standard of how convincing the evidence is based on what you want to believe. That's why I'm right and you are wrong. I apply the same standard to both sides, while you apply one standard for feathers on dinos, while applying a different standard for what makes a rhino tail on a relief.

I was once a YEC when I was younger and even then I struggled with the obvious inconsistencies of YEC. If every creature was once alive at the same time, why aren't they buried together in every possible combination?
I was once an old earth creationist when I was younger. But when I got older and wiser I looked at the evidence and allowed it to go where it lead. Which would lead one, which it did me, to switch to YEC.

And your comment about "why aren't they buried together in every possible combination?" simply exposes your ignorance about what flood geologists say about the flood. That's called "not looking at both sides." This, again, highlights why I give points to the common descent side of the debate... because unlike you I look at both sides.

If YEC were true you shouldn't have to find a handful of human/dinosaur tracks, you'd find dinosaurs and rhinos, elephants, deer, dimetrodon, giant arthropods, sabretooth cats, horses and everything else mixed together in a wonderful jumble.
Yeah, like the Ashley Phosphate beds. And don't forget, anyone that finds OOParts will either lose their career or be discredited because they don't have the relevant career to lose.

But we don't find that. Instead there's a clear pattern, showing descent. And that pattern is confirmed by DNA, anatomy, biogeography, continental drift etc.
Except that it shows there is no pattern of common descent when we compare DNA to homology, biogeography, and geography that shows continental drift is wildly different than common descent needs to be even a hypothesis.

You mean this ridiculous carving?

dinofootprint.jpg

Really, that's what you want to hang your hat on?

:chuckle:
It's not what I hang my hat on, but at least it is evidence of a real human foot print with a real dino foot print. Does a CT scan show compressed mud in the correct places for a human track or not?

The level of ridiculousness . . . You accept something so obviously fake and reject the mountains of fossil evidence we have. It's actually quite sad.
Here's a discussion of the carvings

Maybe you should tell us which fossils you think are fake. :chuckle:
The level of ridiculousness you accept for something so obviously not a rhino is actually quite sad.

The discussion didn't even address the issues raised by the CT scans. This is what I'm talking about. You should admit there is evidence for YEC, weak as you might consider it, but you can't even do that because you have to keep the echo chamber of your belief in common descent air tight so as to not destroy its delicate nature.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It also describes the corners of the earth and the floodgates of heaven.

No, it doesn't.

Here's your chance to learn something. :up:

Look up those two phrases in the Bible and tell us why there are no descriptions of those ideas.

Meanwhile, the evidence remains uncontested: The Bible describes behemoth and leviathan. That is evidence for the existence of those creatures.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not what I hang my hat on, but at least it is evidence of a real human foot print with a real dino foot print. Does a CT scan show compressed mud in the correct places for a human track or not?
The combination print is likely a fake. Evolutionists use them to mimic genuine discoveries so they can pretend the fake is all there is.

The same thing happens with pottery showing dinos. People make fakes, which evolutionists seize upon, acting as if the genuine article does not exist.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The combination print is likely a fake. Evolutionists use them to mimic genuine discoveries so they can pretend the fake is all there is.

The same thing happens with pottery showing dinos. People make fakes, which evolutionists seize upon, acting as if the genuine article does not exist.
While the combination print could be a fake, there are 2 things that vouch for its authenticity. One is the desity of the rock in the right places for a footprint, and the other is the size of the track. Although making a track by drying mud is possible, fakers would try to make a more standard size foot.

The real take away from the track is that the tracks keep going under undisturbed banks. If there were scientists that were really interested in the truth, they would have investigated further. But they aren't really interested in the truth.